The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

truecoat

As a reminder for you young'uns, this is what World Showcase was designed to look like. Back when the executives in Orlando and Burbank all knew what they were doing. And knew why they were doing it.

world-showcase-lagoon.jpg

When their 50th started, I must have been so wrapped up in laughing at KiteTails crashing into the bleachers that I completely missed this Epcot disaster.

Seriously, what the hell are they doing out there??? :eek:

HarmonioUS_Full_41622.jpg

I was there last Oct 1st and saw Harmonious. It is an impressive use of the tech but the show is just a bunch of animated segments. Songs from the movies are sung in different languages to try and link it to Epcot but it didn't work for me. It just has no heart.

DLR92

I agree just make all the HM lawn Ivy and bring back the real grass for the Mickey floral. Everything else is “ok.” I mean don’t get me wrong even smaller planters in the hub look pretty bad especially when you get that sheen but they re not focal points. I just wish there was someone at TDA and Burbank who could make these decisions with a little more tact.

The artificial turf at Storybookland kind of works as it’s just the border around flowers/ letters.
I think Disney should replace fake grass with Dichondra. My dichondra are green with less water than my own grass!

mickEblu

Original Poster
I think Disney should replace fake grass with Dichondra. My dichondra are green with less water than my own grass!

Would be much preferred to the terrible turf they put there. The fact the HM lawn is basically a giant planter means they can really put any green plants there and it would work.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
So Disney doubled the price of the bubble liquid refills for the bubble wands while also cutting the amount of liquid in half. So now you have to buy two little plastic bottles to refill the bubble wand for your kids. But hey, at least they’re saving the world with the miniature golf course lawn at the Haunted Mansion!

tcool123

So Disney doubled the price of the bubble liquid refills for the bubble wands while also cutting the amount of liquid in half. So now you have to buy two little plastic bottles to refill the bubble wand for your kids. But hey, at least they’re saving the world with the miniature golf course lawn at the Haunted Mansion!
Is there anything special about the liquid or can i just buy a gallon of soapy stuff from Walmart? Gotta get ready with my snoap wand

mickEblu

Original Poster
Really beautiful day at the parks yesterday. Was about 75 degrees with a slight breeze. Also not crowded at all. Indy had a 35 min wait at some point in the afternoon. I guess it’s due to fewer people wanting to buy day tickets on a day where DCA closes at 6pm.

DrAlice

Is there anything special about the liquid or can i just buy a gallon of soapy stuff from Walmart? Gotta get ready with my snoap wand
There's nothing special about their bubble liquid. Walmart will do just fine. Our daughter annoyed us with her singing Arial bubble wand for years when she was little. We filled it with dish soap. lol

Rich T

I say if Disney REALLY wants to contribute to water conservation, none of these tiny PR gestures mean anything except hypocrisy unless they SHUT DOWN WORLD OF COLOR until the drought situation improves.

And in the meantime, this makes the park look cheesy and plastic (Plastic cheese!) How about substituting the grass with beautiful rock gardens? Oh… right… that would take effort and creativity…

mickEblu

Original Poster

I’m not sure tbh. I can’t imagine it’s special. With that said, I think I remember trying some random bubbles we had lying around and thinking they didn’t work as well. But that could have been for a few different reasons like them being old or maybe the wand being stored away too long in the wrong position.

Parteecia

I’m not sure tbh. I can’t imagine it’s special. With that said, I think I remember trying some random bubbles we had lying around and thinking they didn’t work as well. But that could have been for a few different reasons like them being old or maybe the wand being stored away too long in the wrong position.
There are a lot of recipes online. Pretty simple: water, dish soap, sugar, optional glycerin. Or I used to get big bottles of bubble liquid at dollar stores.

TP2000

Did we already see this video, gang? I guess it's WDI's 70th birthday this year.

I feel badly for WDI because this video is slickly produced (Read: $$$) but it's only got 19K views and it's already been up for 5 days, and only 20K people subscribe to their channel.... In a world where amateur lawn mowing channels and dorm room makeup tutorials count their weekly views in the Millions. :oops:

We should try and boost their numbers on their birthday video by at least a couple dozen views this week.

But, um... happy birthday Imagineering! You don't look a day over 60.

Parteecia

128 oz for $5 at Target. Is that cheaper?

mickEblu

Original Poster
Haunted Mansion Holiday is really not working for me this year. I mean it never does but more than usual. Maybe it’s the new AstroTurf? Anyway, I’m talking some family friends from Italy to the park in a couple weeks and I’m most likely going to skip it. I almost don’t want them to forever associate the NBC overlay with the Haunted Mansion. For all I know they may never go to a Disney park again. Plus they only have one day and there are so many other Must Do’s we have to hit like POTC, Splash, BTMRR, IASW, Space, ROTR, Indy (kind of), RSR, Soarin and GOTG:MB. Maybe Jungle Cruise and Incredicoaster too if time permits.

SuddenStorm

Haunted Mansion Holiday is really not working for me this year. I mean it never does but more than usual. Maybe it’s the new AstroTurf? Anyway, I’m talking some family friends from Italy to the park in a couple weeks and I’m most likely going to skip it. I almost don’t want them to forever associate the NBC overlay with the Haunted Mansion. For all I know they may never go to a Disney park again. Plus they only have one day and there are so many other Must Do’s we have to hit like POTC, Splash, BTMRR, IASW, Space, ROTR, Indy (kind of), RSR, Soarin and GOTG:MB. Maybe Jungle Cruise and Incredicoaster too if time permits.

Even Indy is iffy in it's current state. One of the best attractions ever.... but with so much of it in shambles a lot of the oomph the attraction has is gone.

I'm in the process of planning a trip... and if I end up going might skip it.. and it's usually a must do. I just don't care to see it in it's current form.

Though the rest of the park is just about there also ha!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom