The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

No Name

That is because Genie+ is underpriced considering the rest of the industry. It should be $90. At that price, Disneyland doesn't look as nice but I bet Lightning Lane would function better and stand by wouldn't be a joke.
The rest of the industry doesn’t require you to snatch ride reservations one at a time and then pay extra for the top two rides.

Californian Elitist

@Californian Elitist ; a trip to Universal in the morning and then a night at the Hollywood Bowl is actually something I’ve done before many years ago, I think it’s manageable since they’re so close! We saw John Williams perform and it was great.

If you ever do plan that though, the only advice I could give would be to plan your transportation on the way out. Getting to and from Uni, then finding some public parking near the Bowl wasn’t the hard part, it was getting out and onto the freeway once it was all said and done. Doesn’t matter what time, even if your performance finishes at 3am, the roads and freeway surrounding that area will be absolutely deadlocked. I mean, I know LA and I’ve experienced bad but this was.. something else entirely. Find some kind of alternate route in advance or take some kind of public transportation or something. Apologies if you knew this already, just figured it was worth the share.
John Williams is the best! Hoping to catch him again this summer. Hoping they do something extra special this year, since the Bowl is celebrating 100 years and Williams turned 90.

I know all about that disgusting traffic surrounding the Bowl. Since I don’t drive at all, I always rely on public transportation or Lyft. What I usually do is walk in the direction of the Walk of Fame and request a Lyft from somewhere out of the area. Hollywood Bowl is absolute HELL right after and right before a show. But I love the venue.

Sailor310

John Williams is the best! Hoping to catch him again this summer. Hoping they do something extra special this year, since the Bowl is celebrating 100 years and Williams turned 90.

I know all about that disgusting traffic surrounding the Bowl. Since I don’t drive at all, I always rely on public transportation or Lyft. What I usually do is walk in the direction of the Walk of Fame and request a Lyft from somewhere out of the area. Hollywood Bowl is absolute HELL right after and right before a show. But I love the venue.
I always take the Park and Ride buses. They're convenient and cheap.

Phroobar

The rest of the industry doesn’t require you to snatch ride reservations one at a time and then pay extra for the top two rides.
Exactly. That is why it is a stupid system. I should be able to walk up to lightning lane, show my phone and walk on. I shouldn't have to deal with a poorly designed app for everything I want to do. Genie+ is a prime example of over engineering designed by non developers and implemented by offshore contractors and not UAT tested at all.

smooch

I used to have a lot of them. Sometimes using a beautiful pen with a beautiful color was what got me through a bad day at work. Since I retired I rarely use them any more. My go-to now is a Lamy Safari, not the prettiest but very comfortable for this lefty. My most soothing color was Waterman South Seas blue. You've encouraged me to use mine more.

The pen loving friend who got me hooked told me about the shimmers. I meant to look into them. Hard to clean out of the pen?

I had a bad patch like you a couple of years ago. This site and adopting an 8 year old pandemic "pup" have helped. He's my untrained therapy dog.

I hope journaling with nice inks helps you.
My Lamy Safari was my first fountain pen! I don't use it as much anymore since I prefer my TWSBI Eco and my new Moonman A1 (a clone of the Pilot VP I have wanted for so long) but it is a very nice, durable, comfortable pen to use. And That Waterman ink looks gorgeous, I just looked it up! I have heard varying experiences with shimmer inks, it depends on the ink brand and the pen you use. I will have to let you know my experience but I think I'm just going to need to flush my pen out with water whenever I switch inks and hopefully that will be enough. Some shimmer inks / pen combos can clog the feed a bit and you have to flush the feed out but nothing permanently damaging. My first ink I will be testing from my samples will be Diamine Winter Miracle, I am excited to compare how the inks look in person versus online.

waltography

The Taschen Disneyland coffee table book is on sale on Amazon right now for $28 (normally it's $60 in the parks). Good deal.

1656545734340.png

Last edited:

TP2000

I'm so proud of myself! I was up early today to beat the crowds and get all my errands done for the big holiday weekend; Refrigerator stocked, pantry stocked, bar cart stocked, playlist prepped, patio staged. The family just texted me that their flight to San Diego was thankfully NOT cancelled and they are already in the air heading to Lindbergh Field. We are an extremely patriotic family and this is always a huge family weekend for us! :D

God bless this wonderful country, and God bless all of us lucky enough to live here! I hope you all have a wonderful long weekend and have endless fun with your families and loved ones (or even just casual friends, especially if they are cute). Happy Independence Day everyone! 😍 🇺🇸

Disneyland-Patriotic-Flag-Retreat-Featured-Image.jpg

Last edited:

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Really hoping they conscientiously refurbed Pirates during its 3.5 months closure. It's usually among the best-maintained attractions in the park, so I was saddened to see several broken effects back in December.

One of my favorite characters in all of Disneyland is the little dog who sings along with the pirate trio. Warms my heart to hear "Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho... Arf Arf!" It's less heartwarming when the little guy's mouth isn't even opening, and he's just sadly shaking his head back and forth in a robotic, glitchy motion.

View attachment 649081

Post-refurb, he's still broken. :(

Californian Elitist

In terms of pure thrills, yes; in terms of feeling the most Star Wars-y, I think the original Star Tours is still the one to beat.
I completely forgot about the original Star Tours, which I loved. Those are both my favorite. I’m not a Star Wars fans, so I love the subtlety of Hypserspace.
please explain
See above haha.

waltography

Meanwhile, here I am hoping that Hyperspace goes away soon as Disney had said when they announced it was returning.

I'll be so frustrated if they extend that but just COULDN'T extend Soarin' over California earlier this year.
Hyperspace is a must-see exactly once when it comes around, and only for the near-miss TIE Fighter moment. Soarin' over California is a masterpiece and I don't think I could ever get sick of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom