The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

CaptinEO

First Look at the new Pinocchio Disney+ live action remake. Coming out in September.

first-photo-hanks-is-geppetto-in-pinocchio.jpg
It actually looks like Pinocchio

Inspired Figment

Yep! It indeed does.. just a shame they wasted this model of Pinocchio on a remake rather than another film or story… say like that Magic Kingdom movie with the theme park characters ala Wreck it Ralph.

CaptinEO

Oh, it was a proposal I’d read about that’d been going around internally for a while but ultimately always got shot down. I’ll have to find an article about it sometime. But the plan was to do a DisneyParks/Magic Kingdom movie that was done in the style of Night at the Museum.
Funny enough, the idea you are mentioning was one of three film ideas given to Michael Jackson for what ultimately became Captain EO. He was going to be in Disneyland after dark and all the characters/animatronics would come to life.

Funny how these projects come back, even decades later.

Mac Tonight

Oh, it was a proposal I’d read about that’d been going around internally for a while but ultimately always got shot down. I’ll have to find an article about it sometime. But the plan was to do a DisneyParks/Magic Kingdom movie that was done in the style of Night at the Museum.
Isn’t that vaguely the premise of those Kingdom Keepers book series???

Honestly, I’d probably see that movie.

Mac Tonight

The Kingdom Keepers was a pretty awful book series. What was the book where groups took over Disney World and you could be Lincoln via VR?
I never read them myself, just vaguely remember the premise.

I did read an awful series called Hidden Mickey (well, 3 of them) that was basically attempting to be National Treasure set inside Disney parks. It was admittedly an idea I thought could and should have been amazing, but... they were just... *shudder*... the absolute worst self-published fan-fiction I've ever read.

waltography

The Kingdom Keepers was a pretty awful book series. What was the book where groups took over Disney World and you could be Lincoln via VR?
The first Kingdom Keepers was a decent premise written pretty terribly. Then Disney got even more involved in the series and it pretty much got worse from there.

"Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom" by Cory Doctorow?
Been meaning to read that because the premise sounds insane (in a good way!), but just haven't found the time yet. Have you read it?

Parteecia

The first Kingdom Keepers was a decent premise written pretty terribly. Then Disney got even more involved in the series and it pretty much got worse from there.

Been meaning to read that because the premise sounds insane (in a good way!), but just haven't found the time yet. Have you read it?
I did, a long time ago. He has several books that combine Disney with sci-fi. He also offers some, including this one, for free under a Creative Commons license.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom