The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

CaptinEO

I haven't been silent with how I feel about the WDC decisions as of late (i.e. upcharging park guests at every turn; moving creative operations to Lake Nona, Florida; cheapening out on new lands and in-park staffing and entertainment, etc.). I sincerely hope that this board decision is a sign that they see it too. The penny-pinching decisions of late can't continue without completely diluting the brand. Let's hope this is a sign that a pivot in company decisions is on the way. 🤞
She's been on Disney's board for almost 2 decades, just not as a chairman. Don't see any pivot happening.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I haven't been silent with how I feel about the WDC decisions as of late (i.e. upcharging park guests at every turn; moving creative operations to Lake Nona, Florida; cheapening out on new lands and in-park staffing and entertainment, etc.). I sincerely hope that this board decision is a sign that they see it too. The penny-pinching decisions of late can't continue without completely diluting the brand. Let's hope this is a sign that a pivot in company decisions is on the way. 🤞
I wouldn't read too much into this. She is a long time board member. So rather I'd look at this as Disney showing they are serious about inclusion rather than any type of statement about Chapek.

Mac Tonight

Meh. This feels like an "optics" move to show that Disney isn't afraid to have a woman in a top position. If she has been fine with the status quo as a boardmember for all this time, I highly doubt she'll start making sweeping changes.

PiratesMansion

I was saying MK's versions are better. Working peoplemover, COP, proper Astro orbitor. Frontierland has Splash, Thunder, CBJ and Tom Sawyer Island not made over into a pirate theme
It's insane that MK is now the ONLY castle park with the rockets in the proper place.

MK's TSI is also an underappreciated gem with the unique, larger two-island layout and great, proper TSI theming and atmosphere. What exists at DL right now that calls itself TSI is straight up rubbish.

Suspirian

DrAlice

She's been on Disney's board for almost 2 decades, just not as a chairman. Don't see any pivot happening.

I wouldn't read too much into this. She is a long time board member. So rather I'd look at this as Disney showing they are serious about inclusion rather than any type of statement about Chapek.

Meh. This feels like an "optics" move to show that Disney isn't afraid to have a woman in a top position. If she has been fine with the status quo as a boardmember for all this time, I highly doubt she'll start making sweeping changes.

Honest question: Do you think Bobby-Poo was expecting the chairman role? I thought he might expect it, given the last couple of CEO's were also chairman. This is why I felt this might be a pivot. I'm no expert on the subject, so.... 🤷‍♀️

Also... wishful thinking. :)

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Honest question: Do you think Bobby-Poo was expecting the chairman role? I thought he might expect it, given the last couple of CEO's were also chairman. This is why I felt this might be a pivot. I'm no expert on the subject, so.... 🤷‍♀️

Also... wishful thinking. :)
Chapek is on the BOD so he fully knew what was happening, so no I don’t think he expected it.

Also this isn’t the first time Disney has split the role of Chairman and CEO.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Have they removed the Wishing song from Snow Whites wishing well too? You know because a young woman shouldn't be wishing for a man to "save" her? The last couple few times I walked by the wishing well no music was playing. Yesterday there was also no music playing but as I walked away towards Tomorrowland I think I heard them playing "With a Smile and a Song." Hope im wrong. Didn't they used to have the Wishing Song on a loop?

Also has anyone ever solved the mystery of the new/old Train Station announcements? Next time I go I'm asking one of the CM's that work at the train station.

I didn't get a chance to ride Alice in Wonderland yesterday but im wondering if the Caterpillar and his hookah ever made it back.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
The Disneyland/ Starbucks partnership has been consistently providing the best merch at the parks for a few years now

Fight Me.

please note: No Disneyland "Resort." Just Disneyland. And all the gold accents are etched(?) Not sure if that's the right word.

tempImageazVisY.jpg

Last edited:

DrAlice

Have they removed the Wishing song from Snow Whites wishing well too? You know because a young woman shouldn't be wishing for a man to "save" her? The last couple few times I walked by the wishing well no music was playing. Yesterday there was also no music playing but as I walked away towards Tomorrowland I think I heard them playing "With a Smile and a Song." Hope im wrong. Didn't they used to have the Wishing Song on a loop?
I thought you had to throw money into the well (for the Make-A-Wish Foundation) in order for the song to play. Am I wrong about that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom