The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Rich T

5E0F2CA8-3901-4E60-84BC-EFBD8E9AEDB3.jpeg

Just rode Pipeline at SeaWorld. It’s Florida’s biggest pleasant surprise and unexpected must-do attraction of 2023.

Everyone had been wondering how this “surf coaster” would be significantly different from the older generations of stand-up coasters. The answer combines freedom, comfort, smoothness and loads of giddy, wild airtime. This ride gives guests a new kind of thrill, unique (so far) to this ride.

As you might have already seen in videos, the harnesses bounce up and down with the g-forces, so at the crest of every hill your feet leave the floor (by several inches) and then, going down the other side, you land back on the “surfboard.” While airborne, your unrestrained feet and legs are free to swing and fling about. It’s a wild, super-fun sensation.

And the ride is beautiful to look at. Of all the attractions at various parks that have attempted a “surfer” theme, Pipeline does it best. The landscaping, the lakeside location, the music, the whimsical details, the graceful sweeps of the blue track, the large, playful fountain that interacts with the coaster trains and the (seriously) beautiful surfboard trains themselves. ..It all adds up to a wonderful, breezy, uplifting atmosphere.

Great use of space, too. Nearly all of the coaster’s layout stretches over and around the area’s curving pathways, lawns and beach-themed landscaping, making the place feel alive and energetic. And the coaster itself is a joy to look at; it’s like a huge, beautiful sculpture.

Can’t say enough good things about this wonderful ride. One of the very best in Orlando and (IMO) second at SeaWorld behind Mako. Now in pass holder previews, open to non-pass holders on May 27th.

Last edited:

CaptinEO

"The House of Mouse: Bob Iger and the Fight for the Soul of Disney" (aka Bob Vs Bob) book is coming soon.

I keep saying to people how the "Disney War" book of the 2020s will be an amazing read. I think this book is too soon as the story is still playing out. Can't wait to see all the behind the scenes things going on in the company from the last few years.

CHOX

I so appreciate that you guys are not political. The Florida section of this forum can’t help themselves and it’s god awful. Just people at each other’s throats, people with superiority complexes, etc.

The administrators keep making threads about DeSantis and it’s like, bro, dawg, bruh, Pollywogs, you’re actively tearing your community apart. Post your stupid news but don’t make threads about it…like most forums!

TP2000

It's been a cold, gloomy, depressing 2023 in Los Angeles. Really hoping things improve.

They will! You can't stop the planet from tilting on its axis towards the sun this time of year. Every day the Northern hemisphere is getting longer days and more full sunshine. By July it will be 95 in LA, I'm sure of it.

But it wasn't just SoCal. The entire Western half of North America had a winter colder than normal, and California was one of the coldest parts of that general cold trend.

Here's the mean temp departures from normal averaged out for the last 7 and a half months, since October 1st 2022. The blue shades is unusually cold, and the purple is off the charts cold that is historically hard to fathom. Much of SoCal is in purple for the year.

The entire state was much, much colder than normal this past fall and winter, and now into this spring. Which explains the record-setting amount of snowpack in all of California's mountain ranges. But you can't stop the earth from tilting! Summer is on the way soon!

Brr!.jpg

Last edited:

TP2000

My deck is currently 91.4, and our apartment is 84.2 inside. Currently crying. I prefer the cold :cry:

That's very hot for lower B.C.! Especially because lots of homes there still don't have AC. Go out to dinner tonight, that always helps!

I got an unexpected video call from my nephew near Seattle this weekend. He and his wife were out barbecuing on their deck for the first time since last September, and he had to show me. I played along as if I was really excited for them. 🤣

Disney Analyst

That's very hot for lower B.C.! Especially because lots of homes there still don't have AC. Go out to dinner tonight, that always helps!

I got an unexpected video call from my nephew near Seattle this weekend. He and his wife were out barbecuing on their deck for the first time since last September, and he had to show me. I played along as if I was really excited for them. 🤣

Totally, we haven't set up our A/C yet, we were away this weekend, and we leave on vacation Saturday...

And I can definitely understand the excitement of your nephew. We LIVE for the firsts of the warm season when it gets nice, that is for sure!

But then we realize what is happening to us, and start to hiss at the sun 😅

It's a love/hate relationship.

TP2000

I just checked.

Right now nearing 5pm Pacific Time, it's 86 degrees (30 Celsius) in the leafy suburbs of Vancouver, B.C., and south of the border (twice) on the beach in Ensenada, Mexico it is currently 64 degrees (17 Celsius).

At Disneyland right now it is 74 degrees (23 Celsius). That one actually sounds lovely.

Disney Analyst

I just checked.

Right now nearing 5pm Pacific Time, it's 86 degrees (30 Celsius) in the leafy suburbs of Vancouver, B.C., and south of the border (twice) on the beach in Ensenada, Mexico it is currently 64 degrees (17 Celsius).

At Disneyland right now it is 74 degrees (23 Celsius). That one actually sounds lovely.

What did CA or Mexico do to make the weather gods angry enough to send the heat to us? 😅

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

They will! You can't stop the planet from tilting on its axis towards the sun this time of year. Every day the Northern hemisphere is getting longer days and more full sunshine. By July it will be 95 in LA, I'm sure of it.

But it wasn't just SoCal. The entire Western half of North America had a winter colder than normal, and California was one of the coldest parts of that general cold trend.

Here's the mean temp departures from normal averaged out for the last 7 and a half months, since October 1st 2022. The blue shades is unusually cold, and the purple is off the charts cold that is historically hard to fathom. Much of SoCal is in purple for the year.

The entire state was much, much colder than normal this past fall and winter, and now into this spring. Which explains the record-setting amount of snowpack in all of California's mountain ranges. But you can't stop the earth from tilting! Summer is on the way soon!

View attachment 716590

Haha, thank you for confirming I'm not crazy! And I appreciate the optimism; intellectually, I know summer will arrive eventually, but sometimes I worry. One of my buddies from NY visited me in LA last week and it was 4 days of gloom. Such a bummer.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Miscellaneous thought --

I strongly prefer Disneyland's Haunted Mansion to Magic Kingdom's in essentially every way, but I really like this guy and kind of wish he had a presence in the Disneyland version. I really dig how, like, not subtle his portrait is, haha.

JTR.png

TP2000

Miscellaneous thought --

I strongly prefer Disneyland's Haunted Mansion to Magic Kingdom's in essentially every way, but I really like this guy and kind of wish he had a presence in the Disneyland version. I really dig how, like, not subtle his portrait is, haha.

View attachment 716668

I'm unfamiliar with that character. Is he new in the WDW mansion?

He's certainly not the type of gentleman I would accept a drink from, that's for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom