The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Phroobar

"very poorly" would be my guess.
They will make it out to be like E.T. but with an edge.

Like Disney is known for edgy.

giphy.gif

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
They should remake films that didn’t quite work or didn’t have the technology at the time to achieve what the filmmakers were going for. Lilo & Stitch is a very well-made movie. No point in seeing that in the live action form.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

They should remake films that didn’t quite work or didn’t have the technology at the time to achieve what the filmmakers were going for. Lilo & Stitch is a very well-made movie. No point in seeing that in the live action form.
Agreed. Remakes by their nature are just lazy, unnecessary excuses to get some quick cash.

D.Silentu

Lilo & Stitch doesn't seem like a good candidate for a live action remake. I would guess Disney is recalling how much money the movie made and not that it came during a period of mediocre studio releases. To me, Lilo & Stitch was that rare movie that could only be achieved by the precise conditions in which it was made. There have been plenty of live action family films dealing with broken homes, but, especially at the time, it was unique in an animated film. The aliens will always blend better with humanity in animated form, and the art style of the movie helped sell this integration. Most of all though, the tone was quirky and that will be the hardest element to recapture and balance with the dramatic moments.

Rich T

Disney films that should be remade for a new audience:

1) Darby O'Gill and the Little People (the original is wonderful, but the story and characters are just too great to allow to fade into obscurity now that the Disney Channel couldn't care less about airing classics).
2) Pete's Dragon (the MUSICAL) -- Flawed original; needs another try
3) Blackbeard's Ghost (again, excellent original, too good to let fade away)
4) Something Wicked This Way Comes (the Stranger Things audience is out there waiting for a great second try at this story--This time do it animated)
5) The Wind in the Willows (a feature-length version, keeping the same character designs and art direction of Disney's short film, really doing the book justice this time and fixing the pacing issues that plague every other feature version of this amazing story.)

Animaniac93-98

If Disneyland wants us to do everything on our phones then they need decent wi-fi and a place to charge them (like WDW).

FYI, don’t try charging your phone in the Opra House lobby. Plenty of outlets, yes, but the CMs won’t let you.

Darkbeer1

Not worth its own thread...

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...d-resort-and-disneyland-resort-300727331.html

>>
Cuties Becomes the Official Citrus Fruit of Walt Disney World® Resort and Disneyland® Resort

Naturally sweet, kid-friendly snack enters into a strategic promotional agreement with Disney Parks in the U.S.

Cuties_Logo_Horizontal_Logo.jpg

PASADENA, Calif., Oct. 9, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Cuties®, America's original clementine brand, is adding another title to its name: the official citrus fruit of Walt Disney World® Resort and Disneyland® Resort. The strategic promotional agreement will bring Cuties to numerous food and beverage areas throughout these legendary Disney Parks, offering families the opportunity to enjoy this healthy, kid-friendly snack at any time during their vacation, starting this fall.

"Cuties and Disney Parks is a natural fit because so many kids and parents love both Cuties and Disney," said Berne Evans, CEO at Sun Pacific, the grower and shipper of Cuties. "Cuties are a nutritious, sweet snack that are easy for families to enjoy on-the-go while they create lifelong memories at Disney Parks. We're excited to be a part of that iconic vacation experience."

Families visiting Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort can purchase Cuties at select fruit carts and grab n' go locations that currently sell fresh fruit. The Cuties product will also be a featured healthy side in kid's meals at select Quick Service Restaurants. In addition, other Cuties branding will be introduced in Disney's Hollywood Studios® and Disneyland® Resort.

"Disney Parks works to create magical, unforgettable experiences for families in everything we do," said Carlos Castro, vice president of Disney Corporate Alliances. "This includes aligning with brands that families know and love. We are happy to be providing Cuties as a healthy food option that the whole family can enjoy."

SOURCE Cuties® Citrus<<

mickEblu

Original Poster
You know you’re spending too much time on here when you start reading posts and know who posted it before looking at the name of the poster. Actually it even happened to me on Reddit. I was scrolling and read a post and thought this sounds like @SuddenStorm. Sure enough it was you. Haha

Animaniac93-98

The best thing about Disneyland is even if the lines for the major rides are long, there's still lots to do in the park. I spent Gay Days Saturday doing all the "lame" things that are really the best parts of the park. The RR, castle walk-through, Golden Horseshoe, Tiki Room, Mr. Lincoln, the monorail etc. It also helps to have a people-eater like Pirates (DO NOT ADD FASTPASS!) and be luck to find something with a wait under 30 minutes, as I did with Astro Orbitor and Mr. Toad.

Rich T

Cuties Becomes the Official Citrus Fruit of Walt Disney World® Resort and Disneyland® Resort

...Naturally sweet, kid-friendly snack enters into a strategic promotional agreement with Disney Parks in the U.S.

...Families visiting Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort can purchase Cuties at select fruit carts and grab n' go locations that currently sell fresh fruit.
I can't wait to see how much Disney's charging for them. :D It's all for the sake of the children, right? :D

Sharon&Susan

Just watched The Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management and it may be the only attraction that I have ever seen that feels like it was created to be so bad that the creative team wanted it to crash and burn, so it could be restored into the original again. It’s a shame it took so long to close Under New Management and they still haven’t restored the fountain back to working condition.

Maeryk

Just watched The Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management and it may be the only attraction that I have ever seen that feels like it was created to be so bad that the creative team wanted it to crash and burn, so it could be restored into the original again. It’s a shame it took so long to close Under New Management and they still haven’t restored the fountain back to working condition.

It did literally burn..

Do you mean the fountain in the dead center? Or something else? I've always wanted to see DL's preshow come to FL.. I liked the indentification of the main tiki gods, and their roles. Now that DIsney is over being scared of actually naming them (with Maui back at the Poly), it would be neat to see. I like the barker birds, but that could change and it wouldn't break my heart.

Sharon&Susan

It did literally burn..

Do you mean the fountain in the dead center? Or something else? I've always wanted to see DL's preshow come to FL.. I liked the indentification of the main tiki gods, and their roles. Now that DIsney is over being scared of actually naming them (with Maui back at the Poly), it would be neat to see. I like the barker birds, but that could change and it wouldn't break my heart.
Yes, I was talking about the fountain in the center.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom