The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Brayden spells out the Paris plan pretty well here. This is the snarkiest I've ever seen him. "incredibles themed Ikea showroom" indeed. 🤣 (His opinion of the new Contemporary re-theme at WDW.)

Thank you for posting this. I have a better understanding of how the system works.

Anyways, kiss. My. AAAAASSSSSSSS. What an absolute JOKE. Any future DLP trips I would have taken are now done. And if it comes here, I’ll continue to do what I’m already doing and travel elsewhere.

You mentioned Maui? Tell me when and I’ll mark the dates.

Chapek and his cronies doing their best to capitalize on genius work that was done before them. Disney has lost so much respect from me. At least Eisner cared. At least we got original ideas under Eisner. The man wasn't the best exec after wells but dang anything, literally anything, beats chapek. I'd rather see a cockroach be CEO of Disney.. or maybe that is what we have now?

Disstevefan1

Discount CA resident tickets for Disneyland show that people aren't flocking to the parks.
As we know TWDC abruptly cancelled all the DLR APs that represented about 70 percent of the visitors. Instead of the beautiful deal Disneyland APers had, they are now purchasing “discount tickets” I did not look at the details on these but I am sure there are restrictions such as use by dates and so on.

A lot of folks who had the beautiful DLR AP are now purchasing these tickets. Disney is making money selling these “discount tickets” to former DLR APers who would have otherwise simply strolled into the park.

Disney wins again.

Rich T

I’m glad I’ve had so many great past, pre-Bobs trips to DL over the decades, because I am DONE with Disney until (if ever) the company’s heart and sanity ever return.

There really are an infinite amount of better things to do on this planet that don’t involve jumping through a hundred hoops for the privilege of spending too much money and time on a corporation’s increasingly bland and soulless brand of make-believe.

Homemade Imagineering

Just as everyone else has said, I find myself losing interest in the parks, more and more everyday. Decisions like this only perpetuate my distaste in visiting. Even just listening to my favorite park soundtracks has been increasingly difficult to do so without feeling sadness, looking back on all the great memories I've made at the park when I was younger, and didn't have to jump through ridiculous hoops of complete utter BS to have a good time. Until the company regains its sanity, I'm taking my money elsewhere.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Just as everyone else has said, I find myself losing interest in the parks, more and more everyday. Decisions like this only perpetuate my distaste in visiting. Even just listening to my favorite park soundtracks has been increasingly difficult to do so without feeling sadness, looking back on all the great memories I've made at the park when I was younger, and didn't have to jump through ridiculous hoops of complete utter BS to have a good time. Until the company regains its sanity, I'm taking my money elsewhere.

And that’s without even considering the “inclusion” non sense like removing “Ladies and gentlemen…” from announcements.

George Lucas on a Bench

Screenshot_20210707-133818_Chrome.jpg

You think this ad is big enough? What is this, the new DLR AP?

Rich T

I still have my fingers crossed that Chapek is a patsy, hastily elected when Covid was looming and destined to be hastily dismissed once the dust has settled, taking any associated blame with him.
I have little hope his successor will be any better.

Californian Elitist

Frozen was coming off Tangled, Winnie the Pooh, and Princess and the Frog.

Enacanto is coming off Wreck It Ralph 2, Frozen 2, and Raya and the Last Dragon.

The best film WDAS has put out in the last several years is Moana, and that was only enjoyable because of its Polynesian setting; the story was rather bland. Disney's track record as of late is pretty weak and their original movies have always been their weakest ones.
I don’t think Frozen is any good at all.

I agree that Disney’s films aren’t as good as they used to be, but that’s mostly true of their live-action films, in my opinion. There have been some animated duds, but the animated department is not terrible overall.

D.Silentu

The trailer for the Jungle Cruise movie looks generic, unfunny, unexciting, unimaginative and awful. Did I mention visually blah and obnoxious?
I wish the trailers didn't scream the fact that the film is aspiring to be a lab grown clone of Pirates of the Caribbean. They've tried that before with The Lone Ranger and the results were telling. For me, the worst part is that I love a good 1930s/'40s adventure yarn and those come once in a blue moon. Now, here's one with a blockbuster budget and great lead performers, but in every promotional appearance looks to have no greater ambition than aping Pirates.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I still have my fingers crossed that Chapek is a patsy, hastily elected when Covid was looming and destined to be hastily dismissed once the dust has settled, taking any associated blame with him.

Right? My ultimate dream is Disney brings that lightning pass thing to California / Florida, attendance drops like flies, Chapek, D'amaro, Iger, board members, other execs who support the parks direction ALL get F.. I mean, BUZZED off, Disney gets it's own Walt / Steve Jobs / Phil Spencer / Lynsi Snyder / Tony Baxter / Frank Wells or some people like that (you know what I mean), cancels ALL unrealized plans (frog splash mountain included), and brings back originality, a third park somewhere in the US to help alleviate demand, lowers prices, invests more in attraction upkeep, fixes the darn yeti, fixes food quality, fixes cast member morality, and so on.

Wishful thinking but it's what keeps me going in life.

Stevek

Of the latest DAS movies, I enjoyed Raya, Moana, Big Hero 6, Wreck it Ralph, Tangled, Princess and the Frog and yes, even Frozen.

Was not a big fan of Frozen II, Zootopia or Ralph 2. Not terrible, but not as entertaining as the films above.

Communicora

Premium Member
I'm fully prepared to be roasted for this... but here goes...

I think Lin-Manuel Miranda is grossly overrated.

Carry on.
Nah, that seems to be the popular refrain on social media right now.

Moana was one of the best things Disney released in recent years. His music was a huge part of it. I can understand feeling like he's overexposed but I will disagree that he's overrated.

Mac Tonight

Nah, that seems to be the popular refrain on social media right now.

Moana was one of the best things Disney released in recent years. His music was a huge part of it. I can understand feeling like he's overexposed but I will disagree that he's overrated.
I'm not gonna say he has no talent, but I just don't get the hype.

Then again, I also hated Inside Out which is borderline sacrilege around here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom