The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Darkbeer1

I have been good and trying to avoid making jokes about our wonderful Rebecca, but she sends out a Hitman, or should I say Hitperson, and gets within blocks of my house....

>>ANAHEIM — The driver of a Kia Forte suspected of crashing into a Honda Civic that was parking on a street in Anaheim, then hitting two other parked vehicles and overturning her Kia, was hospitalized Tuesday morning.

Police were called to the 2700 block of West Broadway, between Dale and Magnolia avenues, about 11:10 p.m. Monday and located the crash scene with the Kia flipped over, according to the Anaheim Police Department.

A news photographer at the scene said the driver of the Kia was a Disneyland employee. The other vehicles, a Ford Exposition and Hyundai Tucson, suffered significant damage, he said.

A police investigator at the scene also said two other vehicles were damaged by flying debris from the crash.

The driver of the Honda was taken to a hospital by family members. Her condition was not immediately disclosed.

An investigation into the crash was underway.<<

Jokes aside, I truly hope everyone involved is OK.

Darkbeer1

For all the locals, and especially Entertainment CM's....

brb1006

Agree. Technically, Pinocchio’s not a traditional fairy tale; it’s a twisted kid’s book originally written in serialized form for a newspaper. But I know what you mean. Personally, I’d love to see them take another shot at Jack and the Beanstalk (and NOT the canceled “Gigantic” version). Or The Nightingale. Or Rumplestiltskin.

But no matter what, they’ll change it for a modern audience just as Walt & Crew changed all the stories you listed. Back in their day, the music and humor of Snow White and Pinocchio were as contemporary as what we got in Tangled and Frozen.

I‘d love to see Disney tackle a lavish, faithful animated version of America’s greatest modern fairy tale, The Wizard of Oz. Wondrous and terrifying, done in the style of Netflix’s “Klaus” (which, I swear, is the best animated feature of the last 5 years).
Maybe even obscure ones (at least in the US) such as ) such as "The Six Servants" or "The Wolf and the Seven Young Kids/Goats". The Wolf from "The Wolf and the Seven Young Kids" has some potential on becoming a new threatening and intimidating Disney Villain. Plus it's rare we have mothers as a main character in a Disney Animated Film (with Duchess from The Aristocats being the only example) so the Mother Goat could be perfect as the main heroine.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
Somebody is not doing their job right if they think I have VIP money. Am I getting this ad because I just booked a night at the Grand Californian? Well I guess they wouldn’t know we’re splitting the room with another couple.

B8585F02-5A13-4A73-9DCD-72CD37B1F4B6.png

SuddenStorm

I'm all moved out of Anaheim after completing the Disney College Program. What a spectacular experience!

There were so many high points throughout- Space Mountain with the lights on (after park close, no line, got on 8 times), backstage Soarin' tour, midnight preview of A Christmas Fantasy Parade, backstage Hyperion tour, Walt's apartment tour, riding Rise of the Resistance during the unannounced previews a few weeks back (after 4 tries). They cancelled the Indy tour on us- which was probably the biggest let down of the program. I could go on, but so much happened during the program it's hard to think of everything.

We had weekly seminars at TDA where leaders from around the resort would speak on a variety of topics- from marketing to career preparation to service to managing. These were mostly surface level, but occasionally some interesting bits of information would be shared that made it worth it. Not to mention, seeing the demolition behind Toontown first hand was really something.

And that's ignoring all of the wonderful friends I made from all over the country during the program (we were even featured on the DCP Instagram a few times, so I'm basically famous :cool:). Meeting long time CM's from around the resort was also amazing- the amount of stories they have and are anxious to share is really something. It's such a wonderful environment (though not without its flaws- the SodexoMagic operated employee cafeterias are awful and incredibly overpriced).

The 40% off merchandise was dangerous- I'm scared to add up how much all of the purchases I made cost me.

My final park visit count was 71 (since August), being able to just drive on over to the park at the end of a long day and ride a few rides, or just enjoy the scenery and atmosphere was amazing, and a huge contrast from my open to close 'do or die' type trips I used to take.

Having to go back to the real world- finding a job, starting up full time classes again, and not having daily access to Disneyland- has been a bit of a shock, but I'm excited to finish up my degree in the next couple semesters and (hopefully) enter themed entertainment industry in some capacity.

Californian Elitist

I'm all moved out of Anaheim after completing the Disney College Program. What a spectacular experience!

There were so many high points throughout- Space Mountain with the lights on (after park close, no line, got on 8 times), backstage Soarin' tour, midnight preview of A Christmas Fantasy Parade, backstage Hyperion tour, Walt's apartment tour, riding Rise of the Resistance during the unannounced previews a few weeks back (after 4 tries). They cancelled the Indy tour on us- which was probably the biggest let down of the program. I could go on, but so much happened during the program it's hard to think of everything.

We had weekly seminars at TDA where leaders from around the resort would speak on a variety of topics- from marketing to career preparation to service to managing. These were mostly surface level, but occasionally some interesting bits of information would be shared that made it worth it. Not to mention, seeing the demolition behind Toontown first hand was really something.

And that's ignoring all of the wonderful friends I made from all over the country during the program (we were even featured on the DCP Instagram a few times, so I'm basically famous :cool:). Meeting long time CM's from around the resort was also amazing- the amount of stories they have and are anxious to share is really something. It's such a wonderful environment (though not without its flaws- the SodexoMagic operated employee cafeterias are awful and incredibly overpriced).

The 40% off merchandise was dangerous- I'm scared to add up how much all of the purchases I made cost me.

My final park visit count was 71 (since August), being able to just drive on over to the park at the end of a long day and ride a few rides, or just enjoy the scenery and atmosphere was amazing, and a huge contrast from my open to close 'do or die' type trips I used to take.

Having to go back to the real world- finding a job, starting up full time classes again, and not having daily access to Disneyland- has been a bit of a shock, but I'm excited to finish up my degree in the next couple semesters and (hopefully) enter themed entertainment industry in some capacity.

Had no clue you were doing DCP. I’m very happy to hear your experience was better than mine.

Do well with the rest of school!

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I have been good and trying to avoid making jokes about our wonderful Rebecca, but she sends out a Hitman, or should I say Hitperson, and gets within blocks of my house....

>>ANAHEIM — The driver of a Kia Forte suspected of crashing into a Honda Civic that was parking on a street in Anaheim, then hitting two other parked vehicles and overturning her Kia, was hospitalized Tuesday morning.

Police were called to the 2700 block of West Broadway, between Dale and Magnolia avenues, about 11:10 p.m. Monday and located the crash scene with the Kia flipped over, according to the Anaheim Police Department.

A news photographer at the scene said the driver of the Kia was a Disneyland employee. The other vehicles, a Ford Exposition and Hyundai Tucson, suffered significant damage, he said.

A police investigator at the scene also said two other vehicles were damaged by flying debris from the crash.

The driver of the Honda was taken to a hospital by family members. Her condition was not immediately disclosed.

An investigation into the crash was underway.<<

Jokes aside, I truly hope everyone involved is OK.
She told the driver to do the one in a million "Holdo Manuever" to take you out it seems.

Darkbeer1

First off, glad to hear you thought the program was worth it.

Second, get back to school work and finish strong!

Please take what you learned and use it well, and share it with others.

Good luck with all your future plans.

Darkbeer1

I found out that Margaret Kelly, who was the original model Walt used for Tinker Bell, is finally getting married on Valentine's Day.

She ran into her High School Sweetheart decades later at an Andy Griffith reunion. (She had a small role on the series), and they fell in love again.

I had the honor to have her as my "date" for a special Breakfast at Club 33. She is a wonder and a joy. So happy for her!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom