The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Mac Tonight

Announced at D23 three months ago.
source.gif

Article was published on Saturday, so I figured there was some new info.

Rich T

Signed up for the Disney+ free trial. Started browsing. As someone who ONLY cares about the classic Disney content, I’m actually blown away by the huge selection of classic Mickey and Silly Symphony cartoons available. You have to dig a bit to find them all, but a great place to start is the “Disney through the Decades” section.

Californian Elitist

I was shocked to see So Weird being offered on Disney+. Can’t wait to watch, but I wish they’d add some other shows, like Brotherly Love, Zorro, and the Famous Jett Jackson.

Hopefully in the future.🤞🏾

Rich T

I was shocked to see So Weird being offered on Disney+. Can’t wait to watch, but I wish they’d add some other shows, like Brotherly Love, Zorro, and the Famous Jett Jackson.

Hopefully in the future.🤞🏾
I was pleasantly surprised to see the movie Tall Tale there.
My wish list: Five Mile Creek, Avonlea, House of Mouse, The Wonderful World of Color (All of it—one episode is available), The original MM Club (one week is available) and (will never happen) Epcot Magazine.

Rich T

Well...Wow, despite previous reports, it seems Disney+ has nearly ALL of the Disney Afternoon/ Sat. Morning shows:

Ducktales
Rescue Rangers
Talespin
Darkwing Duck
Gummi Bears
The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Gargoyles
Goof Troop
Quack Pack
Bonkers
The Mighty Ducks
The Little Mermaid
Timon and Pumbaa
Hercules
The Emperor’s New School

The only ones missing seem to be Aladdin, Lilo and Stitch and The Wuzzles.

Last edited:

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Disney+ doesn't have everything, but it has a LOT. Classics like the original Herbie's, Absent-Minded Professor, Swiss-Family, Treasure Island, gy Dog (why is this censored? lol). All the Witch Mountain movies. 80's movies like Tron, "Honey I Shrunk" series, Flight of the Navigator, Willow. And mostly every series and original movie that Disney Channel has done over the past 25 years. I think it has most of the Muppet movies too.

If you dig deeper into the old Fox stuff you have While You Were Sleeping, 10 Things I Hate About You, Turner & Hooch, Never Been Kissed, Three Men and a Baby, Sister Act (1 and 2), etc.

I can spend a decade watching stuff and never get bored.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Watched a few Simpsons episodes last night from seasons 2 - 3. I'm disappointed at the ratio, as some of the visual gags were off-frame. But overall i'm soooo happy I have an endless library of classic Simpsons.

I was even surprised to see "City of New York vs Homer Simpson", one of my all time favorites! I hope "Stark Raving Dad" made the cut (I didn't look for this episode but I know Matt Groening and his team are censoring / butchering the show)

Other than Simpsons, I watched Lion King and Imagineering Story with my lady. I suppose my social life is over for the next few months.

Rich T

Disney+ doesn't have everything, but it has a LOT. Classics like the original Herbie's, Absent-Minded Professor, Swiss-Family, Treasure Island, ****gy Dog (why is this censored? lol). All the Witch Mountain movies. 80's movies like Tron, "Honey I Shrunk" series, Flight of the Navigator, Willow. And mostly every series and original movie that Disney Channel has done over the past 25 years. I think it has most of the Muppet movies too.

If you dig deeper into the old Fox stuff you have While You Were Sleeping, 10 Things I Hate About You, Turner & Hooch, Never Been Kissed, Three Men and a Baby, Sister Act (1 and 2), etc.

I can spend a decade watching stuff and never get bored.
Agreed . I’m pleasantly surprised. I can completely ignore the Star Wars, Marvel and recent Disney Channel live action and there’s STILL a ton of content for a classic Disney fan to enjoy... far more than has ever been readily available before. I’d love to see more, of course, but I don’t have any complaints at this point.
(EDIT)
Ok, one complaint: Disney please add Nintendo Switch compatibility ASAP. :D

Mac Tonight

Watching through the classic animation on D+ is just a sad reminder of how far the pendulum has swung away from all things awesome and now most everything sucks and is reliant on technology-based gags.

Also, I love the disclaimers that come with some of the classic content: May contain outdated cultural depictions. Because there are so many of those in Steamboat Willie. lol.

Get stuffed. Go watch Teen Beach 2 instead.

Rich T

Also, I love the disclaimers that come with some of the classic content: May contain outdated cultural depictions. Because there are so many of those in Steamboat Willie. lol.
To be fair, there are other classic cartoons that do contain outdated cultural depictions. I’d rather they be included with the disclaimer than not included at all.

But speaking of Steamboat Willie, the D+ print seems to be 100% uncensored...pig squeezebox and all! 😃

Also regarding Steamboat W., can anyone remind me again what on earth that parrot is saying?

Mac Tonight

To be fair, there are other classic cartoons that do contain outdated cultural depictions. I’d rather they be included with the disclaimer than not included at all.

But speaking of Steamboat Willie, the D+ print seems to be 100% uncensored...pig squeezebox and all! 😃

Also regarding Steamboat W., can anyone remind me again what on earth that parrot is saying?
I know, its just funny that its included at all. Says much about our society and its uh... sensitivities.

I don't know what the parrot is saying, and actually think its funnier to just assume its random noise, but I did
love the un-censored nature of it. I didn't realize they had cut so much stuff for the Main St. Cinema version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom