The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
The Opera House at night ....

Looks very light. Hopefully the adjust the lighting to help it look more like the other buildings.

View attachment 424126

Haven’t seen it in person but I like the way it looks in the pic. Kind of makes it stand out as a real Opera House would probably be more well lit at night (especially in those days) than a hat shop. I think subconsciously it’s the kind of thing that can help reaffirm we re on late 1800’s/ early 1900’s Main Street and not a shopping mall at Disneyland.

I’m happy to see that they re interested in maintaining and plussing classics like Lincoln and Snow White, instead of just axing them (logistics impact aside). Not that Galaxies Edge has anything to do with these examples but I really think that this past summer has helped them understand their DL fan base a bit more.

Of course I could very well get to the park, see it in person and think it’s way too bright when compared to the surrounding facades.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
I have to be honest I've always liked the 80/90s look.

70s/ 80s yes. By 90s do you mean TL98? The problem is that there really is no unifying look to the whole land. I wouldn’t be mad if they gave TL a compete 50s/60s or 80s makeover. I know it’s not futuristic by modern standards, but I think a retro TL would be so pleasant most people would love it. For me it’s gotta be retro or something I don’t know I want. I haven’t seen one current TL I’m a fan of.

SuddenStorm

Haven’t seen it in person but I like the way it looks in the pic. Kind of makes it stand out as a real Opera House would probably be more well lit at night (especially in those days) than a hat shop. I think subconsciously it’s the kind of thing that can help reaffirm we re on late 1800’s/ early 1900’s Main Street and not a shopping mall at Disneyland.

I’m happy to see that they re interested in maintaining and plussing classics like Lincoln and Snow White, instead of just axing them (logistics impact aside). Not that Galaxies Edge has anything to do with these examples but I really think that this past summer has helped them understand their DL fan base a bit more.

Of course I could very well get to the park, see it in person and think it’s way too bright when compared to the surrounding facades.

I think the white lights on the really light paint they used in this refurb wash the building out. If it was a darker shade of tan I think it'd be perfect.

It does look better in my photo.

Suspirian

70s/ 80s yes. By 90s do you mean TL98? The problem is that there really is no unifying look to the whole land. I wouldn’t be mad if they gave TL a compete 50s/60s or 80s makeover. I know it’s not futuristic by modern standards, but I think a retro TL would be so pleasant most people would love it. For me it’s gotta be retro or something I don’t know I want. I haven’t seen one current TL I’m a fan of.

I got my eras mixed up but 70s/80s is more appropriate.

Rich T

I loved the “Soul” trailer... up to the point where the “mandatory funny sidekick” character showed up. Then it was like “Oh.” Still looks better than Onward, though.

And regarding non-Disney animation, I feel I should hate Netflix’s Green Eggs and Ham for turning Seuss’s world into a cynical modern sitcom, but the art, animation and character designs are SO GOOD and the characterizations of Sam I Am and Guy Am I are SO PERFECT. Can you love and hate a show at the same time?

Californian Elitist

I loved the “Soul” trailer... up to the point where the “mandatory funny sidekick” character showed up. Then it was like “Oh.” Still looks better than Onward, though.

And regarding non-Disney animation, I feel I should hate Netflix’s Green Eggs and Ham for turning Seuss’s world into a cynical modern sitcom, but the art, animation and character designs are SO GOOD and the characterizations of Sam I Am and Guy Am I are SO PERFECT. Can you love and hate a show at the same time?

I agree, the little sidekick in Soul meh so far. Still planning to see it though because the rest looks very good.

The new Green Eggs and Ham show is beautifully animated. I’m usually not for media, whether it’s a movie or a television show, modernizing a classic if it’s not done well. So far, I’m liking what I see for Green Eggs.

Mac Tonight

Sorry if this isn't breaking news... I'm too lazy to actually search for it... but
the Obi Wan series is a go!

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Sorry if this isn't breaking news... I'm too lazy to actually search for it... but
the Obi Wan series is a go!

Announced at D23 three months ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom