The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
Tommy’s has the best fast food breakfast burritos by far. It’ll usually take about 5-10 minutes but it’s hot, fresh and made to order. Just simple- egg, sausage, hash brown, American cheese. The move is ordering the chili on the side. I don’t want chili in my breakfast burritos as delicious as Tommy’s chili is. The “side” they give you is a french fry container full of chili. Then get you an order of fries and dip them in the chili.

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

Tommy’s has the best fast food breakfast burritos by far. It’ll usually take about 5-10 minutes but it’s hot, fresh and made to order. Just simple- egg, sausage, hash brown, American cheese. The move is ordering the chili on the side. I don’t want chili in my breakfast burritos as delicious as Tommy’s chili is. The “side” they give you is a fresh fry container full of chili. Then get you an order of fries and dip them in the chili.

Next time you're in Anaheim go to Varsity Burger and get their Breakfast Burrito Grande.

D.Silentu

Another good burrito, recommended to me by my old boss, is at this funky Jimmy Dean fast food joint near Magic Mountain. They are offered in regular and Jr. sizes, but the latter is filling despite the name. Inside you get eggs, bacon, cheese, diner style hash browns, and some sort of gravy or light chili. It all adds up well and I try and grab one every time I'm headed north.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Another good burrito, recommended to me by my old boss, is at this funky Jimmy Dean fast food joint near Magic Mountain. They are offered in regular and Jr. sizes, but the latter is filling despite the name. Inside you get eggs, bacon, cheese, diner style hash browns, and some sort of gravy or light chili. It all adds up well and I try and grab one every time I'm headed north.

That sounds pretty good. My favorite breakfast burrito right now is probably from a place called Wake n Late in DTLA. I just wish the bacon wasn't so smoky and they had some sort of salsa to cut the richness. But its really good filled with crispy tater tots. Dog Haus has some pretty good breakfast burritos too and they use over medium eggs instead of scrambled which is a nice change.

SuddenStorm

I grew up 5 minutes from there, and those burritos were a staple in high school.

TP2000

Another good burrito, recommended to me by my old boss, is at this funky Jimmy Dean fast food joint near Magic Mountain.

The Jimmy Dean folks have their own restaurant? I never knew that. I use Jimmy Dean sage sausage to make Scotch eggs with, and it's delicious.

You know who I think does a good burger and beer near Disneyland?... Karl Strauss Brewery across from Angel stadium. Great burgers and food in general, fantastic fresh local beer selection, friendly and solid service, in stylish digs with a huge patio. And plenty of parking in their lot, so long as its not a game day.

D.Silentu

I thought the same at first, but from what I can gather the Jimmy Dean moniker is just a coincidence. Though a really big coincidence certainly! It's probably worth mentioning I've never seen another location anywhere. It's also odd in that it's one of those fast food places that has perhaps too much on the menu, sporting a soup of the day for instance. As for Karl Strauss I must admit that I love a glass of Red Trolly.

MoonRakerSCM

Don't forget y'all that on Monday is a partial eclipse here in socal. I'll be chasing down totality in Arkansas (possibly heading north to Missouri or Illinois...

Go outside and take a look in the morning!

For Disneyland (works for all of LA metro area...)-

1712295146254.png

Rich T

Because a half dozen bored people on Twitter who never actually bought tickets to Disney parks and rode Splash were “outraged” and “demanded change” - or something.
No, it’s because the largest media corporation on the planet, specializing in family entertainment, could not continue forward indefinitely in a changing world where social media exists without eventually dealing with having a huge ride based on a film they’re ashamed of.

The retheme was bound to happen… “Sooner or Later.” This change is a preventative measure to eliminate their biggest IP headache.

Epcot81Fan

No, it’s because the largest media corporation on the planet, specializing in family entertainment, could not continue forward indefinitely in a changing world where social media exists without eventually dealing with having a huge ride based on a film they’re ashamed of.

The retheme was bound to happen… “Sooner or Later.” This change is a preventative measure to eliminate their biggest IP headache.
Exactly. Chasing ghosts.

Bowing to an imaginary “controversy” while countless millions who actually go to its theme parks around the world enjoy the beloved attraction without issue.

Rich T

Exactly. Chasing ghosts.

Bowing to an imaginary “controversy” while countless millions who actually go to its theme parks around the world enjoy the beloved attraction without issue.
It’s not an imaginary issue. Song of the South has aged very poorly (huge understatement) and is a film Disney can no longer show to an American audience. And it also stinks as a feature film. Double strikes against: It’s offensive AND lousy (though it contains a few great moments).

Is the ride controversy imaginary? I’d say it wasn’t huge when the change was announced, but it was simmering. And, because we live in a world of social media, the controversy was bound to grow. And grow….and all due to characters from a very weak movie. To Disney, not worth preserving or maintaining. This isn’t bowing. This is making a smart move for the company’s future and continuing perceived role as King of Family Entertainment. I am by no means a defender of the huge thing the Disney corporation has become, but I can totally understand why they want their hands washed of SotS forever. It’s a unique situation. The GP doesn’t have any affection for SotS. The GP doesn’t really even know or care that Splash Mtn. is gone. But the GP sure pays attention to social media.

This is today’s Disney. Vote with your wallet. Believe me, if they ever completey erase Frontierland, I will vote with my wallet and switch my park trips to 100% Universal Orlando (which gets 80% of my business these days already).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom