The Merch Alert Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
Mike (played by Ron Howard!) and Karen are the “typical teenagers” who seek shelter in the Mansion during a storm in the classic DL Haunted Mansion storybook LP. It’s definitely worth a listen sometime. :)
“Mike, I’m scared! Let’s get out of here!”
Narrator (Thurl Ravenscroft): “Mike and Karen ran for their lives!”

It would be great if they became recurring characters, always having terrible luck wherever they go. 😃

Oh cool! I had no idea.

SuddenStorm

Diggin this new piece I saw at Disneyana...

View attachment 408305

The Big Thunder one is cool too.
So did they ever release anything for 'Big Thunder Mountain's 40th...??
I have seen nothing to date....

Disappointing, it seems to have been totally forgotten while the usual 'Haunted Mansion' merch jagganaught has a obscene amount of merch for it's milestone anniversary.
Even 'Splash Mountain' had a little recognition...but 'Big Thunder'...?

Zip!
Nuthin' !

🤨

I am still waiting for the 'Big Thunder Mountain Railroad' train playset!
Com'on Disney!
This is a no-brainer!

-

Two pins. Ones CM exclusive limited edition and one that's available in the parks.

Which is obviously the bare minimum they could have done for merchandise.

SuddenStorm

That Marc Davis book is pretty dang amazing. Really cool to look through and lots of great anecdotes.

Definitely worth the $95.

Now someone just needs to make one for Claude Coats before too many people who worked with him pass on, and Tony Baxter while he's still alive to contribute.

Phroobar

ezra-gus-phineas-grim-grinning-ghosts-snack-holder.jpg

Popcorn buckets that aren't even buckets. You put the box in the back.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Why even make these "popcorn buckets" at this point. If the purpose is not to hold popcorn. How useful is a "popcorn bucket" in anyone's day to day life anyways? Do people actually bring them back to get more popcorn? I'd hate to lug one around.

Aside from the must have Alien popcorn bucket I don’t get it. Where are people storing these things??

mickEblu

Original Poster
Two new items at the Disneyana...

View attachment 409957

View attachment 409958

Yes, I'm buying both.

These are pretty cool. I don’t think I’ll be buying either though. I think the Olszewski gallery of light box is still the best representation of the hitchhiking ghosts. As for the Splash Mountain piece I wish there was something about it that was more ride specific. A show scene, facade, ride vehicle etc. Is that log Br’er Rabbit is on supposed to be the ride vehicle? If not, it may as well just be a Song of the South piece. I’m still waiting for that perfect Splash Mountain piece. As of now I have nothing except one the old die cast vehicles they sold in the early 2000s... and it’s the WDW log ☹....well unless you count the POP.

I do have my eye on that Matterhorn piece I posted a few days ago. They don’t come out with Matterhorn stuff often.

Last edited:

Rich T

Why even make these "popcorn buckets" at this point. If the purpose is not to hold popcorn. How useful is a "popcorn bucket" in anyone's day to day life anyways? Do people actually bring them back to get more popcorn? I'd hate to lug one around.
I was just thinking the Hitchhiker non-buckets would make cool flower pots. I've got exactly two food/drink holder souvenirs from DLR: The Cars Land Orange Cone from 2012 and the AWESOME poisoned apple from last year.

SuddenStorm

These are pretty cool. I don’t think I’ll be buying either though. I think the Olszewski gallery of light box is still the best representation of the hitchhiking ghosts. As for the Splash Mountain piece I wish there was something about it that was more ride specific. A show scene, facade, ride vehicle etc. Is that log Br’er Rabbit is on supposed to be the ride vehicle? If not, it may as well just be a Song of the South piece. I’m still waiting for that perfect Splash Mountain piece. As of now I have nothing except one the old die cast vehicles they sold in the early 2000s... and it’s the WDW log ☹....well unless you count the POP.

I do have my eye on that Matterhorn piece I posted a few days ago. They don’t come out with Matterhorn stuff often.

Agreed on the Olszewski Hitchhiking light box. Haven't got that yet but plan on getting it next month.

The Splash Mountain piece is the first actual SotS/SM piece I've seen at the Disneyana, so I couldn't resist. I've never bought something so quickly. If only to help encourage better pieces in the future.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Agreed on the Olszewski Hitchhiking light box. Haven't got that yet but plan on getting it next month.

The Splash Mountain piece is the first actual SotS/SM piece I've seen at the Disneyana, so I couldn't resist. I've never bought something so quickly. If only to help encourage better pieces in the future.

I hear ya.

Did you buy the HM one too?

SuddenStorm

I hear ya.

Did you buy the HM one too?

Nah, waiting on that until mid October or so. There's a good chance I skip it and get the light box hitch hiking ghosts instead. I also want the Olszewski Haunted Mansion model and the stretching room portrait statues and a few of the light boxes, so I'm gonna have to start being really picky on my Disney spending and deciding what I can rationally purchase.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Nah, waiting on that until mid October or so. There's a good chance I skip it and get the light box hitch hiking ghosts instead. I also want the Olszewski Haunted Mansion model and the stretching room portrait statues and a few of the light boxes, so I'm gonna have to start being really picky on my Disney spending and deciding what I can rationally purchase.

Those mini frames stretching portraits are pretty sweet too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom