the MANY problems with Genie+ and paid FastPass (or whatever they are calling it)

Jeff4272

Original Poster
I didn't place a star by Gorilla Falls. If FoP and Safari end up being the 2, the Everest will be there on Genie+ instead. Still 9 attractions available to reserve.
wow....really? YOU DONT NEED TO FOR THE OTHER ONES

theres no wiat times for them, why would you pay to skip a 10 minute wait?

Are you serious or messing around?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
You have no idea what the wait times are going to be. So no, I'm not messing around.
Quote I Am Serious GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

DanielleOG

Correct.....works in MK (except you have to pay AND get up at 7am to reserve AND rope drop)

No problem there right El Magnifico? except for the 75% of guests that dont rope drop
I wake up at 6:30 every morning at wdw to get ready and rope drop. Having an alarm wake me up, experience a moment of confusion, only to realize I'm going to the parks today is the best feeling ever! Having to pay does suck, however I plan to only use it for MK and maybe one other park once I see how everything works, so that's not so bad (plus I'm just a party of two). I can see how the extra cost would be troublesome for larger families though.
I'm still betting that the people over at Touring Plans are going to figure out the best ways to use this new system. If it works, and I have a great day at Disney doing most of the things I really want to do, then I'm happy. I'm sure they will come up with different scenarios as well: those who are late starters, those who don't want to pay, those who do want to pay for Genie +, those who only want to pay for individual attractions, etc..

Jeff4272

Original Poster
You have no idea what the wait times are going to be. So no, I'm not messing around.
Have you ever waited for any of these? I havent

And Donalds Dino Bash is long gone (kind of proves to me you dont read anything about it)

It's Tough to be a Bug
Festival of the Lion King
Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail
Rafiki's Planet Watch
Finding Nemo - The Musical
Maharajah Jungle Trek
UP! A Great Bird Adventure
Donald’s Dino-Bash!
Boneyard
Tricera Top Spin
Dinosaur

Jeff4272

Original Poster
I wake up at 6:30 every morning at wdw to get ready and rope drop. Having an alarm wake me up, experience a moment of confusion, only to realize I'm going to the parks today is the best feeling ever! Having to pay does suck, however I plan to only use it for MK and maybe one other park once I see how everything works, so that's not so bad (plus I'm just a party of two). I can see how the extra cost would be troublesome for larger families though.
I'm still betting that the people over at Touring Plans are going to figure out the best ways to use this new system. If it works, and I have a great day at Disney doing most of the things I really want to do, then I'm happy. I'm sure they will come up with different scenarios as well: those who are late starters, those who don't want to pay, those who do want to pay for Genie +, those who only want to pay for individual attractions, etc..
75%+ of guests dont do rope drop

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Have you ever waited for any of these? I havent

And Donalds Dino Bash is long gone (kind of proves to me you dont read anything about it)

It's Tough to be a Bug
Festival of the Lion King
Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail
Rafiki's Planet Watch
Finding Nemo - The Musical
Maharajah Jungle Trek
UP! A Great Bird Adventure
Donald’s Dino-Bash!
Boneyard
*Tricera Top Spin
*Dinosaur
Sorry, forgot to delete that one. And yes, I've waited for every one of them at one time or another. Guess you must be the luckiest person to visit WDW without waits for all those attractions.

Jeff4272

Original Poster
^^^This. Nothing says you have to buy it for every park for every day of your trip. Nothing.
Correct....the point of my post

Genie+ has MANY flaws and its not worth it in AK or Epcot so Disney went backwards in their thinking and strategy with these parks since you cannot skip the lines

Jeff4272

Original Poster
Wait a minute. I thought you just said there aren't any lines. So which is it?
Wow......Lines for EE, Dinosuar, Kali and Navi (the 4 Genie+ rides)

But since theres only these 4 people will book and they will sell out, you will likely only get 1 ride skip of these 4

not the crap you mentioned and you can walk on those

stay with me here..............maybe read the first post?

Jeff4272

Original Poster
You have no idea what percentage rope drop. You're just making things up to support your argument that Genie+ will not work for a lot of people, when you have ZERO idea if it will or not.
MK gets 60k people a day, how many rope drop?

not alot, thats why people go and why the lines are shorter

I bet it's 10-12k so under 20% but i was rounding up

Ayla

Terrible way to spend your day, but whatever. Have fun going at literally the worst times of the day. It seems your entire dislike of this system stems from your awful park-going habit of not getting there before the afternoon.

Correct.

Incorrect. Because as you said, you can't schedule times as much, so you can't take the ones later in the day. You're also making an assumption that they will 'sell out', which you (or me, or Disney) don't know either way for sure.

You don't.
It's his vacation and he can spend it however he wishes. Your opinion on how he spends his time is irrelevant.

Jeff4272

Original Poster
It's his vacation and he can spend it however he wishes. Your opinion on how he spends his time is irrelevant.
75-80% of people dont rope drop...........SO this is a negative for 75-80% of resort guests

My guess is they will TWEAK Genie+ to allow you (maybe just resort guests) to pick your return time

So i want to go Typhoon Lagoon for the day and then to MK at night.............at 7am, I book Thunder for 5pm return time....at 9am i booked splash mtn for 6pm return time and at 11am i book pirates for 7pm return time, etc. until it sells out

Disorbust

It's a capacity issue and they know it is a issue and don't care because they can charge more. I would say its even part of the grand plan to make the parks boutique, and lower attendance. The headliners they develop have miserable capacity, ie RoTR. They want the guests who don't bat an eye at added expenses not the masses. I am surprised that they didn't make this only available to onsite guests both they may correct that in the future.

Meanwhile Universal builds a new park, adds value resorts, and offers express for guests at their high end resorts. We'll see whose business plan is more profitable in the end.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom