The Mandalorian

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's totally legitimate! They even offer PROOF in the article:

Doomcock offers proof that this may be happening is a scene that was included in Rise of Skywalker which featured Rey confronting her Dark Side self, where mirrors can be seen in the background. It's said it's unknown if Abrams knew what the scene was about, but it "demonstrates the plausibility of this rumor."

I mean, there are mirrors in the movie. If that isn't proof, I don't know what is /sarcasm. Also, I trust the word of Doomcock.

Seriously, this notion of rebooting something because people didn't like certain movies is silly.

The Star Wars universe is vast. They can tell any number of stories outside of the new trilogy or any other timeline, without the need to erase anything.
...I don’t think the release dates have been confirmed..yet🤪

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, if that was the case, the prequels would've been rebooted already.
Disney doesn’t claim responsibility for those though.

There’s is a gap as wide as Texas as far as staying power between the three different books. It would be very “disney” for them to try to figure out and redo them based on that gap for longterm rake. Especially if the bobs feel like they’ve been “wronged”

But I don’t think it’s happening...it’s just a slow news year for the sci-fi/comic nerds.

Still think Kennedy is DWW, however.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney doesn’t claim responsibility for those though.

There’s is a gap as wide as Texas as far as staying power between the three different books. It would be very “disney” for them to try to figure out and redo them based on that gap for longterm rake. Especially if the bobs feel like they’ve been “wronged”

But I don’t think it’s happening...it’s just a slow news year for the sci-fi/comic nerds.

Still think Kennedy is DWW, however.

How's her 5 year walk going so far?

Screamface

Yeah, if that was the case, the prequels would've been rebooted already.

It's a different issue with the sequels. The sequels are creatively bankrupt, regressive and offered no larger vision or narrative. They're essentially just a sloppy remake of previous events, set 30 years later. There's little room to exploit this for more content.

The Prequels greatly expanded Star Wars, they flow neatly into the originals and have shown the potential to exploit them for new material.

It appears the live action timeline Disney wants to exploit is post Return of the Jedi one. Building out multiple TV shows over many years. The sequels lack of a grand narrative and connection to the originals will be a major issue.

I'm sure the last thing Filoni and Faveraux are interested in doing is trying to flesh out how the First Order rose from the ashes of the Empire, was kidnapping Finn as a baby a couple years after season one of Mandolorian, are also sith cultists with endless supplies building Star Destroyers on a planet of lightning. Being controlled by the Emperor. All while no one knew they existed and not considering them to be at threat. Also, despite all that they only formed 5 years before The Force Awakens.

They'll ignore it. Whether this translate in to it entirely being thrown out as legends, who knows. Whether they'll just say it doesn't change anything, The First Order is separate, the remains of the Empire in their show is not them. Who knows.

Bringing in Jedi into the world of Mando certainly suggests a contradiction with the sequel trilogy. The sequels is just too much baggage due to how little creative thought went into them. It just closed off avenues for stories to be exploited.

Last edited:

tk924

I just got text bombed that there are rumors that Disney is going reboot Star Wars?!?

Nah...that can’t be.

Anyone else get this from the geekdom?

Yeah, I've seen that rumor floating around. I believe it to be wishful thinking by someone, somewhere that thought if they planted this seed that it'd gain traction. I'm not buying it. I agree with a previous post here that it's just clickbait.
I really don't care what Disney decides to do with their trilogy. In my mind, the DT takes place in an alternate timeline and is not part of my SW universe. They know what they've done and they know there's really no way out. They can't "erase" these movies. They can't fire Kennedy (could you imagine the backlash from that?! :rolleyes:). I'm guessing they don't want to bring anymore attention to their creative failures.
And back to The Mandalorian. An example of what can be done when you have passionate, creative talent that wants to tell a good SW story. A story that is not agenda-focused. Maybe SW feature movies are done. I doubt it, but have I little-to-no enthusiasm for future Disney SW movies. Maybe D+ is the way we get good SW from now on. I'm ok with that.

Darkprime

There's been youtube rumors for ages that Disney want to "erase" the sequel trilogy.I dont buy them. I could see them distancing themselves from the sequel trilogy but to erase it permanently form canon? Na not gonna happen they didn't do it with the prequels so why would they with the sequel trilogy? Besides even if we dont see any sequel trilogy characters again for like 10 years. The hype will still be there for the generation that grew up with the trilogy when they see Rey, Finn and Poe return as supporting characters in the next 3 films. Disney wont pass on that.

Screamface

Na not gonna happen they didn't do it with the prequels so why would they with the sequel trilogy? Besides even if we dont see any sequel trilogy characters again for like 10 years. The hype will still be there for the generation that grew up with the trilogy when they see Rey, Finn and Poe return as supporting characters in the next 3 films. Disney wont pass on that.

There is zero need to expunge the prequels. There actually are good reasons to get rid of the sequels. They box in and limit what can be done in the post Return of the Jedi timeline and no one cares for them. They were creatively bankrupt additions to Star Wars. The prequels may have their flaws, but they are anything but creatively bankrupt, they are endlessly creative and imaginative. Which is evidently shown by how much they have shaped Star Wars content since their release.

I'm sorry but there's not going to be a generation who grew up on the sequels. Go speak to young people, they don't care for them. Those that do like Star Wars, like the prequel era, the Clone Wars TV show and Rebels.

While I agree there's a lot of wishful thinking from those claiming they'll be pushed aside, it's mot a meritless idea. While I don't think we'll get some grand announcement the sequels are not canon. It's very likely they'll be ignored as more of the scrapped EU is brought into the Disney+ universe.

Then at some point they'll just announce a Luke Skywalker animated series, that with out a doubt is unconnected to the sequels version of the character because why wouldn't they?

erasure fan1

I'm sorry but there's not going to be a generation who grew up on the sequels. Go speak to young people, they don't care for them
You might not get a generation who loves the movies. But you will have a generation of people who love the characters. Ren, Rey, Finn, Poe... all extremely popular as characters. Especially after force awakens. The movies might not have been great, but people did like the characters.

Well deserved in my book.

Screamface

You might not get a generation who loves the movies. But you will have a generation of people who love the characters. Ren, Rey, Finn, Poe... all extremely popular as characters. Especially after force awakens. The movies might not have been great, but people did like the characters.

People liked them after The Force Awakens but then the other films of the trilogy happened.

Rey became bland, they removed her humanity and the emotional connection you had to her character. Finn had great potential but then became bumbling comic relief and his character, an ex-storm trooper had massive potential that never got explored. Poe became even more generic, his plot was telling you he's not the hero you thought he was. By the third film, Poe and Finn were just characters along for the ride.

Explain anything about the characters, who they are after the trilogy that isn't essentially where they were at the end of TFA, besides a few extra details about their history. Poe was a smuggler? Finn, he found out other Stormtroopers left? That's his trilogy arc. Rey was a Palpatine.

erasure fan1

People liked them after The Force Awakens but then the other films of the trilogy happened.

Rey became bland, they removed her humanity and the emotional connection you had to her character. Finn had great potential but then became bumbling comic relief and his character, an ex-storm trooper had massive potential that never got explored. Poe became even more generic, his plot was telling you he's not the hero you thought he was. By the third film, Poe and Finn were just characters along for the ride.

Explain anything about the characters, who they are after the trilogy that isn't essentially where they were at the end of TFA, besides a few extra details about their history. Poe was a smuggler? Finn, he found out other Stormtroopers left? That's his trilogy arc. Rey was a Palpatine.
While I agree with you about how it all turned out. The statement I was replying to said there wouldn't be a generation of fans. Remember, there is a whole generation of fans who loved Jar Jar. Kids look at things differently than adults. I'm not defending the problems with the trilogy. I'm just saying I believe there are a lot of kids who loved these characters. So revisiting them in 10yrs or so would be smart.

Mike S

Original Poster
If the characters were loved the toys would’ve sold better than they did.

erasure fan1

If the characters were loved the toys would’ve sold better than they did.
Maybe. My problem with that statement is this. Star wars toys have been hugely mismanaged. First, availability has been awful. The summer after force awakens, I went to the largest toy shows in the area. While walking around I kept seeing figures for the new movie, and I had never seen them in a store. Even if a kid wanted the figures, you had very little chance to find them in a store. Too low of production and with the ebay scalpers, no chance. For what it's worth, my daughters favorite star wars character is poe, then kylo. My son also loves kylo and was him for Halloween. I know I have no real study but my own small part of the world. But I see a lot of positivity towards the characters, especially with kids.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Maybe. My problem with that statement is this. Star wars toys have been hugely mismanaged. First, availability has been awful. The summer after force awakens, I went to the largest toy shows in the area. While walking around I kept seeing figures for the new movie, and I had never seen them in a store. Even if a kid wanted the figures, you had very little chance to find them in a store. Too low of production and with the ebay scalpers, no chance. For what it's worth, my daughters favorite star wars character is poe, then kylo. My son also loves kylo and was him for Halloween. I know I have no real study but my own small part of the world. But I see a lot of positivity towards the characters, especially with kids.
This was one of the main reasons I got out of collecting Star Wars toys after Episode 1. Just trying to get a complete set of anything became more like a job. You either had to stop at every Target, Walmart or CVS that you passed or pay big bucks to an eBay scalper.

erasure fan1

This was one of the main reasons I got out of collecting Star Wars toys after Episode 1. Just trying to get a complete set of anything became more like a job. You either had to stop at every Target, Walmart or CVS that you passed or pay big bucks to an eBay scalper.
Yup, and it's even worse now. The availability of toys, especially figures, is way down. So even if a kid wanted them, odds are low you can find them. Low availability means more ebay scalpers. More ebay scalscalpers means hardly anyone gets anything. Further hurting the health of the star wars toy market.

Mike S

Original Poster
Yup, and it's even worse now. The availability of toys, especially figures, is way down. So even if a kid wanted them, odds are low you can find them. Low availability means more ebay scalpers. More ebay scalscalpers means hardly anyone gets anything. Further hurting the health of the star wars toy market.
You can find them. They’re in the clearance stores in the bargain bins. I’ve seen plenty of videos. Granted those are a few years old now but still.

erasure fan1

You can find them. They’re in the clearance stores in the bargain bins. I’ve seen plenty of videos. Granted those are a few years old now but still.
I wish. I went to way too many stores trying to find a k2so figure. It didn't help that they didn’t even start making them till almost a year after the movie came out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom