The Mandalorian

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't disagree with you per say. Developmentally he's more on order of 16-18 months. His receptive language skills imply 2-3yo. He's toilet trained seemingly? His ambulation puts him around 2 or a bit younger, but some of that may be the frailty of his species body. Some of the force stuff confuses things mobility wise.

He SHOULD NOT age up. Not out of laziness or marketing, but it would ultimately be consistent with the longevity of the species. Humanity takes an inordinate amount of time to reach maturity and I would expect a theoretically more intelligent species to take longer.

All of which is to say that absolutely all of his developmental markers would suggest he is on the precipice of speech. I actually do think he is late to speech based on his attributes in the show, maybe the trauma theory has some merit. So they either may or may not choose to have him start speaking. Once expressive language starts though it should theoretically progress quickly over a few years, even if his body doesn't really follow.

Baby Yoda has always been a bit of a misnomer from the public, he is very much acting like a toddler.
Most of our mammalian friends age up rather quickly compared to humans. And this is even accounting for stretching or shrinking the lifespans in comparison.

E.g., most herd animals are up and walking the day they are born.

Humans, by comparison have a very lengthy period of prepubescent development of near helplessness for a big chunk of their lifespan.

If a cow can live for 20 years, and humans for 80, then we would expect human children to be walking on their own by their 5th day of life if development scaled linearly, which it obviously doesn't.

So, how do non-human species develop in relation to humans in the Star Wars universe? No one knows.

Grogu's species could be in the pre-school stage for 30 years or 200 years... we don't know.

Professortango1

So, how do non-human species develop in relation to humans in the Star Wars universe? No one knows.

Grogu's species could be in the pre-school stage for 30 years or 200 years... we don't know.
I mean, its whatever the writers decide since its a fictional species. They could have him shed his skin and grow to be 300 feet tall and speak in Sonnets within an hour if they wrote him to do so. It would be dumb, but they could do so and it would be cannon.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"The trailer for the third season of Lucasfilm’s The Mandalorian drew a record 83.5 million views in its first 24 hours after premiering Jan. 16 during the NFL wild card playoff game.

That’s easily the top showing for a Star Wars Disney+ series, according to Disney. The trailer debuted online after it appeared on the TV broadcast. Previously, a trailer for Star Wars series Obi Wan-Kenobi attracted roughly 58 million views."

DCBaker

Premium Member
Jon Favreau says Season 4 scripts are already written -

"“The Mandalorian” is about to launch its long-awaited third season next month, but creator Jon Favreau recently confirmed to BFM TV that scripts for Season 4 are already written and waiting to be shot. Disney and Lucasfilm have not yet officially announced a fourth season.

Favreau announced he wrote Season 4 scripts during Season 3 post-production, stressing that it’s essential the scripts be done so that the series can continue to fit into and anchor the larger framework of the “Star Wars” universe. There are a handful of new “Star Wars” series on the way, including the highly anticipated “Ahsoka.”

“Season 4, yeah I’ve written it already,” Favreau said. “We have to know where we’re going to tell a fully formed story. We had mapped it out, Dave [Filoni] and I, and slowly you start to write each episode. I was writing it during post-production. All of it has to feel like a continuation and one full story.”"

Full article below.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"The writers strike may bring about a disturbance in the force. The current work stoppage already has disrupted the production of several TV series; Lucasfilm’s The Mandalorian may join the last.

According to sources, the flagship Disney+ series will likely push the start of production for Season 4. While not officially announced, a fourth season has been fully expected; series creator Jon Favreau confirmed earlier this year that the scripts for the new installment had all been completed.

I hear filming on Season 4 of The Mandalorian has been slated to begin in September. While there is some breathing room, I hear filming will likely be delayed. A rep for Lucasfilm had no comment."

Full article below.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The third season really sucked, I felt embarrassed for everyone involved. What is going on at Lucasfilm?
As the third season progressed, not only was it in the top ten of Nielsen's chart of streaming original shows, but the number of minutes watched kept growing.

It's fine if one's opinion is that they didn't like it.

But it was popular.

And Mandalorian's scores went *up* after the third season on RT and IMDB.

I liked it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The third season really sucked, I felt embarrassed for everyone involved. What is going on at Lucasfilm?
It was ok. Disney doesn’t run LFL particularly well.
Nothing going on . Third season was good.
See above
As the third season progressed, not only was it in the top ten of Nielsen's chart of streaming original shows, but the number of minutes watched kept growing.

It's fine if one's opinion is that they didn't like it.

But it was popular.

And Mandalorian's scores went *up* after the third season on RT and IMDB.

I liked it.
Cool. I did too. Opinions vary

Screamface

Season 3 was more erratic but I enjoyed it more than Season 2. I know it didn’t have the big cameo but the conclusion of season 3 was to me very emotionally satisfying

I swear Faverau or someone said there'd be a big cameo in season 3.

I assume it's the classic case of the first season is an experiment. It's a success so they say, "go do more." Then by the third it's a big deal and there's no freedom anymore. Too much interference. It's got demands of what it should be to help set up the other series.

doctornick

I assume it's the classic case of the first season is an experiment. It's a success so they say, "go do more." Then by the third it's a big deal and there's no freedom anymore. Too much interference. It's got demands of what it should be to help set up the other series.
See, part of the reason I didn’t like season 2 as much is so much fan service (bringing in characters from other series) and feeling like it was too much setting up other potential series. Season 3 was more its own thing which is one reason I liked it better.

mysto

I agree it was an experiment but deeper. The first season included a large roster of producers, writers, and directors collaborating. Also ALL the other trades such as wardrobe sets etc.. They were creating a cultural SYSTEM used to produce Star Wars content while training each other in "how to do it". Brilliant. And I'm sure Favreau was the mastermind. Watch the Sundance Channel's "Dinner for Five" Favreau vehicle and try to tell me it isn't exactly like the "making of" Mandalorian series 1.

You heard it here first. On a modest Disney forum not Twitter. Dinner for Five.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom