The Mandalorian

Professortango1

Your 2nd point is what she added. While I agree she isn't a great actress, but in my opinion her acting was fine for the part. It never really bugged me. But when she would fight, she kicked some tail and you could tell she knows what she's doing. The fight scenes with her were awesome, and great action is a big part of star wars.
Yeah, but Hollywood is filled with stunt performers who can act decently. Plus, I watch Star Wars more for the characters and world rather than brawling. I like my pew pew more than my lightsabers. Give me Space Western.

My favourite part of the series has been the last 2 episodes of season 1 with the IG droid's turn and sacrifice. The only other scene to come close in Season 2 was Bill Burr's moment with his old CO.

erasure fan1

Yeah, but Hollywood is filled with stunt performers who can act decently. Plus, I watch Star Wars more for the characters and world rather than brawling. I like my pew pew more than my lightsabers. Give me Space Western.

My favourite part of the series has been the last 2 episodes of season 1 with the IG droid's turn and sacrifice. The only other scene to come close in Season 2 was Bill Burr's moment with his old CO.
I do get it. And that is one thing that made this show great. Star wars always had a little something for everyone. A lot of people really do like what she brought to the show. So even though she wasn't a huge part, she still had an impact. She was my daughters favorite character. She could kick tail, was strong and independent but at the same time didn't need to tare down Din to show how good she was. She complimented the team and brought her own set of strengths to the team. So while she wasn't my personal favorite, I get why a lot do love her.

Last edited:

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I’m curious as to why you feel she was so aggrieved??

to be clear - I’m not offended by what she tweets...I’m Just recognize some it patently stupid and have no problem with a Disney punishment.

I would have cared had they not done it either.
They fired her without just cause and then tried to drag her name in the mud.

Professortango1

They fired her without just cause and then tried to drag her name in the mud.
Well, she HAD been warned several times about her postings. And Disney didn't drag her name through the mud, they just ended their working relationship. She seems happier now being able to post whatever comes to mind and having a movie deal with Daily Wire. It seems like a win/win situation for both Disney and Gina.

Professortango1

I do get it. And that is one thing that made this show great. Star wars always had a little something for everyone. A lot of people really do like what she brought to the show. So even though she wasn't a huge part, she still had an impact. She was my daughters favorite character. She could kick tail, was strong and independent but at the same time didn't need to bring tare down Din to show how good she was. She complimented the team and brought her own set of strengths to the team. So while she wasn't my personal favorite, I get why a lot do love her.
I can definitely understand that. I don't think it will be difficult for Disney to fill her shoes with another character/performer. Some will still miss her, but she's wasn't central enough to impact the series overall with her loss. I still miss Nick Nolte's character and IG-11. I wish I could say I'll miss Baby Yoda, but I fear Disney will keep Grogu around and central until he stops selling toys.

erasure fan1

I still miss Nick Nolte's character and IG-11. I wish I could say I'll miss Baby Yoda, but I fear Disney will keep Grogu around and central until he stops selling toys.
I REALLY miss IG-11. I'm a sucker for a good droid so I really wish he had stayed around so we could see Din and IGs relationship develop more. As for baby yoda, I don't see a lot happening with him as long as Kennedy is around. And maybe after as well. He either needs to die (oh dear lord don't do that!) Lol! Or go/be put into hiding. I don't see Kennedy wanting Grogu around as that would require Luke to be around. And we all know how she wants nothing to do with the Skywalkers. So I doubt we see the adventures of luke and baby yoda anytime soon. He will be heavy in merch sales as he really seems to be the most demanded thing. And I'm guessing we see some comic books.

Professortango1

I REALLY miss IG-11. I'm a sucker for a good droid so I really wish he had stayed around so we could see Din and IGs relationship develop more. As for baby yoda, I don't see a lot happening with him as long as Kennedy is around. And maybe after as well. He either needs to die (oh dear lord don't do that!) Lol! Or go/be put into hiding. I don't see Kennedy wanting Grogu around as that would require Luke to be around. And we all know how she wants nothing to do with the Skywalkers. So I doubt we see the adventures of luke and baby yoda anytime soon. He will be heavy in merch sales as he really seems to be the most demanded thing. And I'm guessing we see some comic books.
I hope you're right. We know Grogu can't stay with Luke or else Kylo would have killed him. I think halfway through the season Mando will need to go rescue Grogu or help Ashoka or some Jedi BS. I hope I'm wrong as I would love to return to Season 1 energy.

Jedijax719

That's a lot of hyperbole. First off, Filoni and Favreau are in charge of the show so it's their decision. Second, the whole "Kennedy doesn't want anything to do with the Skywalkers" is nonsense.

I do agree that he will not stay with Luke forever and obviously cannot. I think at some point, Grogu will choose to stay with Mando and help protect him after being trained by Luke. That way, we can say that their world was removed and isolated from all of the First Order conflict. It can then, perhaps, open the door to more stories and maybe movies featuring an older Grogu. But as far as Grogu being in future Mandalorian seasons? Absolute, 100% YES. And Luke will appear as well. They struck gold. They are not going to sink that ship of gold.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Lol...you know when it’s time to acknowledge how much the abrams “experiment” sucked?

when even Disney is trying to “ignore its existence”...by and large. 👍🏻

sedati

then tried to drag her name in the mud.
1620671298467.png

Jedijax719

Lol...you know when it’s time to acknowledge how much the abrams “experiment” sucked?

when even Disney is trying to “ignore its existence”...by and large. 👍🏻
Which experiment? Would it be
a. The "mystery box"
b. Not having a plan and then passing it to the next person
c. Cramming as much into one movie as possible
d. Being executive producer but not getting involved in a failed continuation of his own project?
e. All of the above?

Filoni and Favreau have already negated every one of those with Mandalorian.(or so it seems)

a. The "mystery box"
d. Being executive producer but not getting involved in a failed continuation of his own project?
e. All of the above?

Filoni and Favreau have already negated every one of those with Mandalorian.(or so it seems)
I think they realize how bad it is I just don’t think they care cuz they believe that any movie with Star Wars will sell tickets at the theater and merchandise so I think they could care less if they make an actually good sequel trilogy as long as it makes a profit

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
a. The "mystery box"
e. All of the above?

yep...that’s about it.

I think they realize how bad it is I just don’t think they care cuz they believe that any movie with Star Wars will sell tickets at the theater and merchandise so I think they could care less if they make an actually good sequel trilogy as long as it makes a profit

They wouldn’t care...unless they had declining returns...

Wendy Pleakley

Empire Strikes Back was released in 1980.

If that was the pinnacle for Star Wars, perhaps it's time to accept these are imperfect movies/shows and lower expectations a little.

Coming from someone who has managed to find enjoyment in everything Star Wars, and not be in a perpetual state of anger at the franchise because the prequels or sequels (take your pick) weren't the greatest things in the history of movies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom