The Mandalorian & Grogu (Lucasfilm - 2026 Theatrical)

Phroobar

And this is from Deadline.

“Disney spared no expense on Rise of Skywalker, with the finale reportedly the most expensive of the latter part of the trilogy with a $275M production cost and total global costs of $627M”

I’m assuming these figures include marketing costs
If Disney took production costs and spent 120% more on marketing for all their big movies than that puts Wish and the Little Mermaid even more in the hole that we estimated.

MagicHappens1971

If Disney took production costs and spent 120% more on marketing for all their big movies than that puts Wish and the Little Mermaid even more in the hole that we estimated.
This was discussed at nauseam in the Little Mermaid thread when the movie came out. Disney spends 75M - 150M + on marketing for a new film

Phroobar

This was discussed at nauseam in the Little Mermaid thread when the movie came out. Disney spends 75M - 150M + on marketing for a new film
At 125% of production cost that puts TLM marketing at $281m alone. I think most of the time we were thinking $100m marketing. That is huge. Someone in marketing is getting paid really well

MagicHappens1971

Why is imdb so low? Why the heck do these cost this much? They sure didn't get their money worth on CG.
We just discussed this above. We have to assume these numbers include marketing and other expenses. The production cost is not that high. Also the CGI in this films were solid.

Phroobar

We just discussed this above. We have to assume these numbers include marketing and other expenses. The production cost is not that high. Also the CGI in this films were solid.
So if imdb is accurate on only production costs than marketing is 125% more. That means TLM marketing costs can't by 75m-150m. It's marketing is closer to $312m alone. $562m for production & marketing alone.

Phroobar

This all come back to a Mano movie with production costs of $100m ($25m x4) + $125m for marketing. $225m is pretty darn cheap.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So if imdb is accurate on only production costs than marketing is 125% more. That means TLM marketing costs can't by 75m-150m. It's marketing is closer to $312m alone. $562m for production & marketing alone.
Why are you jumping to that just because they might have spent more on marketing for RoS that it must mean they spent the same percentage for TLM. This is not how that works. Its not the same percentage for every movie. Some movies get more marketing, some get less. IMDB is not always accurate.

Its already reported that the TLM marketing was $140M.

MagicHappens1971

Marketing is not the same for each movie. @Disney Irish just beat me to it, but it varies from film to film, project to project. For example, I feel (from what I saw) Percy Jackson (the series) had much less marketing than most D+ series and had the biggest debut in the history of Disney Branded Television. The show received 13M+ views in 3 days, when in comparison, Ahsoka got 14 in the first week.

MagicHappens1971

They have to go all in on this one.

They screw this up and sweater is out of a job.
The problem with this franchise (and most franchises) you can't please everyone. What I may enjoy from this movie, you may not, and so on. I enjoyed Mando S3, was it as good as S1 & 2? No. But I still really enjoyed it. A lot of people didn't.

Rogue One is my favorite SW film, and I love Andor, but a lot of people don't.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
The problem with this franchise (and most franchises) you can't please everyone. What I may enjoy from this movie, you may not, and so on. I enjoyed Mando S3, was it as good as S1 & 2? No. But I still really enjoyed it. A lot of people didn't.

Rogue One is my favorite SW film, and I love Andor, but a lot of people don't.
Ditto

Willmark

In Mandalorian related news...... RIP Carl Weathers 😭
Indeed Carl Weathers was the freaking MAN!

He kicked @ss in Action Jackson and played Apollo Creed.

In terms of SW? Hard to say who's cooler, him or Lando?

ETA: And we lost Richard Roundtree last year who might have been cooler than both combined! (If such a thing is possible). "He's a bad mother... (shut yo mouth!)"

Last edited:

MoonRakerSCM

He's in a better place now...

1706940860848.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom