The Living Seas wall is DOWN!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Well now that we have a ride through video as well as video of the seagulls outside and many pictures of the attraction the real quest must begin.

Where are the hidden Micky's?!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Are the clam mobiles using a brand new transport system or is part of it the original track from the old days?
The original track is in use, apart from the SeaCab load area. Some of this has become the maintainence track. A new loop is inplace through the east preshow theatre and the Hydrolator area. At a guess the old SeaCab chassis are being used, with new additions to fill the expanded ride space. Only a guess, mind. I`ll be posting some layouts sometime, but it`s still a little too soon.

VT GAL

WOOOOOOOOOOO! YEA GO HOKIES!

Anway, sounds great. Can't wait to see this attraction...in like 4-5 years.:cry:

Thanks and hello to you as well!!! :wave:

I definitely feel your pain...I am hoping to go late next year, but it always seems to get pushed back :( !!!!

Main Street USA

Sure looks to me that the door to the Clammobile sort of "slides" around to the side of the vehicle rather than "swings" open. You enter right in the front, then the door slides over to close.

Irrawaddy Erik

Orange... oranges... ORANGES!! Ahh.. THAT smell... :lol:

Yep, I remember Horizons all too well. I`m surprised the doors swing. Cost saving perhaps? That`s not a critisicm BTW, wannab :D

I`m just happy we get a (half) new Omnimover in Futureworld.
I think they slide open so you can get in. :lol: If it opened like the other Omnimovers (Haunted Mansion) you would have no way to get in because your loaded from the front.

I'm just as happy for a new Omnimover.:sohappy:

EpcotServo

I examined a few of the darker pics in photoshop...

The clammobiles open out their front face just like the old Horizons vehicles don't they? The little doors swing open in the front.

The sign outfront - it says "Supervise Children at all times" and "EVCs must transfer to Standard Wheelchair" right?
Yep. (Which is good for me since i'm in a wheelchair for the next few weeks.:dazzle: ) And the doors slide to the side just like Horizons. The load area looked alot like Horizons. I love the fact that they have a old-style wait time sign. Don't see those too often anymore.

Well, me and my friend sat for about 3 hours in front of The Seas, hoping they'd let us in to ride. FINALLY, when we had decided to stay for another 20 minutes and then go clock in for work, a manager walked over to us, and told us to hang tight...10 minutes later, we were sitting in a Clamobile. The ride is really cute, it was worth sitting around for 3 hours :) It relies heavily on projection, but not in an obnoxious sort of way. The Angler Fish animatronic is pretty cool :) The bit where Nemo and his buddies seem to be floating around in the real tank uses the Pepper's Ghost Effect...when I test road the ride a few weeks ago (none of the effects were on, it was boring...) you could see the pane of glass that the fish were going to be projected onto. Look above your clamobile during the real-fishies part, you can see the fish that are being projected into the water. Also, the queue is SUPER COOL, I almost wish there was a line to wait in just so I could have looked at it. Anyways, I shouldn't have even gotten on a computer, I have to clock in pretty dang soon, but I wanted to let you all know how I liked it!

I'm very confused here.... Couldn't you just wait for todays epcot cast preview. It's been posted up on the portal and all over backstage for a month now. Unless you're not going to be off today nor thursday. For epcot cast members, it's today and for all cast members it's tomorrow and for APH it's on friday. o_O;; I'm glad you got to ride it but you could've saved the 3 hours XD

ZambeziZelda

Original Poster
I'm very confused here.... Couldn't you just wait for todays epcot cast preview. It's been posted up on the portal and all over backstage for a month now. Unless you're not going to be off today nor thursday. For epcot cast members, it's today and for all cast members it's tomorrow and for APH it's on friday. o_O;; I'm glad you got to ride it but you could've saved the 3 hours XD

Oh, I could have, but whats the fun in that?? :D

I admit it, I'm a big nerd with a lot of free time :lol:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Many of us, myself included, would see that 3 hour wait as time well spent in order to get on a new or refurbed attraction ASAP. In many cases we have been already waiting months or even years for a new attraction to open so what is another 3 hours. Disney is our passion and we are willing to make certain sacrifices for that passion.

I personally drove 2-1/2 hours one way for the rumored soft opening of the refurbed PotC on July 1st. Even if the soft opening did not happen I would not have regretted it one bit. Fortunately the soft opening did happen and I was in the first boat ferrying regular guests.

ZambeziZelda

Original Poster
Many of us, myself included, would see that 3 hour wait as time well spent in order to get on a new or refurbed attraction ASAP. In many cases we have been already waiting months or even years for a new attraction to open so what is another 3 hours. Disney is our passion and we are willing to make certain sacrifices for that passion.

I personally drove 2-1/2 hours one way for the rumored soft opening of the refurbed PotC on July 1st. Even if the soft opening did not happen I would not have regretted it one bit. Fortunately the soft opening did happen and I was in the first boat ferrying regular guests.

Very well said, that was pretty much exactly my reasoning for the 3 hours of waiting. :)

MadMax11

I'm feeling pretty good about the chances of this attraction being open when i'm there from 10/21-27.

Is Turtle Talk closed down right now???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom