The Land: Handwich

dxwwf3

wannab@dis said:
They need to add a line to all the other CS locations that serve the typical hot dog, burger or pizza and include some much better, or exotic as some say, food. That way I can get some Tabbouleh at Caseys.

If there is a big demand for that, then those people should let Disney know about it. Cosmic Ray's has a pretty darn good variety right now, but it could easily have some more exotic items added. Same could be said for ABC Commisary or Backlot Express. I wouldn't be against that at all.

PoTCGuy

Slowjack said:
Disney's Handwich(tm) was a hollow cone of bread filled with some mixture of ingredients. There were several varieties...I don't remember them all but in my mind they had the same kinds of combos you'd find in Hot Pockets, like Ham and Cheese (much better tasting than Hot Pockets, mind you). They were quite tasty and because of the design you could hold it in one hand without fear that it would fall apart on you. They were served from the Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland at MK and at a Land food station.

I don't know when they stopped selling it, but it was a while ago. Probably at this point it has been lamented many more times than it was even eaten.

Strange. My wife and I were just talking about this a few days ago! I loved them! We went to WDW in June, and it seemed like not much "hit the spot". A Handwich would have been perfect! I think the last time I had one was during a visit in 1990. Haven't seen them since.

PoTCGuy

dxwwf3 said:
Oh man, they had the recipe for these on the Disney Channel back in the 80's (You know WAY back when adults could watch) and she makes them at home all the time.

I'm glad Disney is offering more variety in the counter service realm, but I can't say there is anything at Sunshine Seasons that I care anything about. I'm a picky eater, so I guess that's natural. But I'm not going to complain about it because it is good to have something different for other guests.

Cool! We make our own version at home now, but I'd love to see the "original" recipe! Could you post it somewhere? Or even email it to me?
Thanks!

EDIT: I too miss those days when adults could watch the Disney Channel, but I'll save my comments for another post! ;-)

freediverdude

I do lament the passing of the old Land food court, and enjoyed eating there very much. I guess there has to be someplace to satisfy the chipotle-flatbread-sun dried tomato- taboulleh crowd.

typhoonguy

No, you are. I am glad that there is something different in the counter service department and it doesn't have to be something that appeals to the masses or myself. But I think you are failing to see that it isn't everyone's cup of tea and the restaurant could probably improve by having ONE line that features some simpler items for other people. In no way does it have to be burgers or pizza or does it have to cut back on the quality. But if the current setup is working fine money wise, then don't mess with it.
UG!!! Simpler Items? Like a Chicken Cesar salad? (That they do serve) or a Beef stir Fry (that they do serve)? or a Cuban Sandwich, or Roast Turkey Sub (that they do serve)?

THEY DO OFFER THE "LESS EXOTIC" TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dxwwf3

Alas - for some people I am beginning to get the impression that a Chicken Ceaser Salad is pretty exotic...

It isn't. Why does everyone talk about this ceaser salad like it is the greatest thing in the history of food? If you like salads, I'm sure you might want to get that.

I'm done talking about this place personally :). Keep on going there and eat whatever the heck you want to. I'll go somewhere else and we'll ALL have a great time at Epcot.

DigitalDisney

Cloudboy said:
Alas - for some people I am beginning to get the impression that a Chicken Ceaser Salad is pretty exotic...
Believe it of not, Chicken Caesar Salad is pretty exotic to some people. Some people love salads in general, and others hate em. Even people that like salads may not like caesar salads because of their strong smell (Casear dressing does have anchovies in it). Since Sunshine Seaons doesn't have a salad bar or more than one type of salad, if you don't like CSC's, then you're screwed.

I happen to love CSCs, but I'm not ever going to get it at Sunshine Seasons because I know it's overpriced there (sorry for being a smart consumer). For my money, I'd much rather have a Chicken Caesar Salad at Cosmic Ray's where it's cheaper and larger, or at a resort where I can get a unlimited refills on my beverage, and eat in a quieter, better-themed environment.

If I'm not starving at the time, I'd much rather grab some food from a place off property after park closing than eat at Epcot and MGM these days.

[dead horse]
At AK, I have to choose from different options at all counter-service locations. There is easily something for me to enjoy at all CS locations. Even my family (which is full of picky eaters) can find more than one thing to enjoy at Pizzafari, Flame Tree, and Tusker House (yes, all of them). Why on earth can't this be true at Sunshine Seasons, esp considering that it used to be true back when the Farmer's Market was still around?
[/dead horse]

That is all...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom