The Jungle Book

Magenta Panther

I'm bumping this thread because I rented The Jungle Book (2016) this weekend...and it's very, very good. I couldn't be more delighted. In some ways, I like it better than the animated version. This gives me hope for Beauty and the Beast and...maybe...Mary Poppins. Kudos to Disney for a great remake (and how often does a great remake happen?). :)

fractal

I'm bumping this thread because I rented The Jungle Book (2016) this weekend...and it's very, very good. I couldn't be more delighted. In some ways, I like it better than the animated version. This gives me hope for Beauty and the Beast and...maybe...Mary Poppins. Kudos to Disney for a great remake (and how often does a great remake happen?). :)

Totally agree. Neel Sethi was terrific as Mowgli.

Figments Friend

I was very recently recommended this film by someone I respect the opinion of, and now have an interest in checking it out.

The music I have heard elsewhere which held appeal, but after being told it's something I would likely enjoy seeing I await doing so.

I have been told it is one of the best live action 'remakes' to date, up with 'Cinderella', which I admit I have also not seen to date.

-

brb1006

I was very recently recommended this film by someone I respect the opinion of, and now have an interest in checking it out.

The music I have heard elsewhere which held appeal, but after being told it's something I would likely enjoy seeing I await doing so.

I have been told it is one of the best live action 'remakes' to date, up with 'Cinderella', which I admit I have also not seen to date.

-
Both are much better than "Maleficent" and Burton's Alice films. I'm still very optimistic about the Live-Action Beauty And The Beast coming new spring.

Figments Friend

Well that is good to hear.
I didn't see 'Maleficent' as I'm not really all that interested in this 'rebooting' trend, and turning animated features into live action remakes.

But 'Jungle Book' seems to be in a better class.
I will definitely take a look when I have the opportunity.

-

Figments Friend

While I liked the nods it gave to the classic Jungle Book songs from the animated version, what I enjoyed the most was the amazing background score. Some of the most beautifully-composed background pieces to any film recently, Disney or non.

Yes!
This is half of the reason why i i have become interested in seeing it.
The music is stunning. I have heard some samples, and it's right up my alley.

Looking forward to checking it out at some point, soon.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom