The Integration of Fox into the Disney Corporate Family: Parks, Movies, IPs, Studios

Indy_UK

All well and good that as usual parks and resorts are killing it, they always do these days but now with all that extra income, they need to add more park capacity at WDW. A 5th park is needed even if it means more price hikes as a result.

Th parks are too full

seascape

All well and good that as usual parks and resorts are killing it, they always do these days but now with all that extra income, they need to add more park capacity at WDW. A 5th park is needed even if it means more price hikes as a result.

Th parks are too full
The parks are too full but there are solutions other than a 5th gate right away. There are lots of options to expand the 4 existing parks and increase capacity by tens of millions.

seascape

I agree with this. I prefer a Disneyland Texas before a 5th park at WDW.
I don't see another resort in the US before a second one in China ans one in both India and Brazil. Disney after the Fox purchase is setup for international expansion. They already own the US and if they wanted to expand here buying Seaworld would make more sense.

AnotherDayAnotherDollar

I don't see another resort in the US before a second one in China ans one in both India and Brazil. Disney after the Fox purchase is setup for international expansion. They already own the US and if they wanted to expand here buying Seaworld would make more sense.

I don't necessarily disagree regarding China and I think that will come first.

I am just saying when talking about the US, Disneyland TX is preferable over a 5th gate in Orlando. TX has the 2nd highest GDP in the nation (would be the 11th country in the world). Land in TX is dirt cheap (they don't have to go to one of the main metro areas like they didn't in FL at the time). Second most populous state with bordering states also having a significant population. Climate is good. Close to MX as well.

Orlando can improve and expand the existing parks before thinking of a 5th gate.

Btw, Iger did hint at a 2nd park in Shanghai and another DLR in China (I would prefer Chongqi or Chengdu). Brazil and India are trickier for different reasons, but I think they should look there (and the ME) at some point.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

qfE3v03.gif

seascape

The Disney+ bundle will be revolutionary. The rest of the industry has its work cut out for themselves to catch up.
I see Disney Direct to the consumer being huge. Hulu has 28 million customers in the US now. After all the news reporting is done and Disney Plus launches, it wll gain millions more. I do not expect it to take till 2024 to break even and I I expect Disney to have to pay more than they would based on a 27 billion dollar valuation in 2024, Hulu should be worth much more.

A combination of Disney Plus, Hulu, Hulu with live TV, Hotstar and ESPN worldwide should easily be the largest worldwide Entertainment supplier passing Netflix. Hotstar is already number 1 in the 2nd largest country in the world, India.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I see Disney Direct to the consumer being huge. Hulu has 28 million customers in the US now. After all the news reporting is done and Disney Plus launches, it wll gain millions more. I do not expect it to take till 2024 to break even and I I expect Disney to have to pay more than they would based on a 27 billion dollar valuation in 2024, Hulu should be worth much more.

A combination of Disney Plus, Hulu, Hulu with live TV, Hotstar and ESPN worldwide should easily be the largest worldwide Entertainment supplier passing Netflix. Hotstar is already number 1 in the 2nd largest country in the world, India.

Soon, Disney will be #1 also in Canada and Mexico. Then, it will get 5 extra armies per turn. Though it's now #1 in India, it's going to be difficult to conquer all of Asia for those 7 extra armies.

seascape

Soon, Disney will be #1 also in Canada and Mexico. Then, it will get 5 extra armies per turn. Though it's now #1 in India, it's going to be difficult to conquer all of Asia for those 7 extra armies.
If and when China opens up their market Disney and Universal have a huge advantage over Netflix. And Disney has a slight advantage over Universal but not by much.

Indy_UK

When Disney start rolling out this discounted bundle deals for Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu then I think Netflix are in going to start getting nervous. Disney can pool those subscriber numbers together too across the platforms and I can see their number eclipsing Netflix fairly quickly.

Question is what Disney are going to do now they are in control of Hulu? They probabaly have plans already. Wonder if they will move the service over to Bamtech to reduce coatings and change the look?

I wouldn't be surprised if they axe the ad version of Hulu, made it ad free only but reduce the price to say $8 a month to pay for the licensing.

$8 for Hulu, $7 for Disney+ and $5 for ESPN+ or $15 for all three?

Ripken10

When Disney start rolling out this discounted bundle deals for Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu then I think Netflix are in going to start getting nervous. Disney can pool those subscriber numbers together too across the platforms and I can see their number eclipsing Netflix fairly quickly.

Question is what Disney are going to do now they are in control of Hulu? They probabaly have plans already. Wonder if they will move the service over to Bamtech to reduce coatings and change the look?

I wouldn't be surprised if they axe the ad version of Hulu, made it ad free only but reduce the price to say $8 a month to pay for the licensing.

$8 for Hulu, $7 for Disney+ and $5 for ESPN+ or $15 for all three?
I very much doubt they will get rid of the ad version of Hulu. The article a few pages ago explains it very well why they wouldn't. I just don't see any logical reason why they would get rid of that version.

jt04

I very much doubt they will get rid of the ad version of Hulu. The article a few pages ago explains it very well why they wouldn't. I just don't see any logical reason why they would get rid of that version.

People will pay extra for ad free content. Perhaps as an added option.

Slpy3270

The three major Hollywood trades are reporting more layoffs at Disney/Fox are happening right now.

Slpy3270

BTW, this was buried in the news cycle but the implications are significant: Disney is planning a global review of its assets post-Fox takeover in the coming weeks, with the review set to conclude later in the year.

We may see just how many Fox channels/divisions will be shuttered or consolidated worldwide. The non-sold international Fox Sports units could easily see themselves transferred to ESPN International, as Disney can only use the Fox brand internationally until 2024 (plus I don't think they want audiences to confuse them with the actual Fox Sports group, which is still with Fox Corp.).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom