The Imagineering Movie Discussion Thread

TheOriginalTiki

I can already see the drama coming with fanboy’s response, let’s just say I already have my popcorn ready.
Personally I hope he just takes the hint and adjusts accordingly. I really don't feel like dealing with a bunch of drama in a thread that's literally just meant to be a light off topic movie discussion.

I was going to ignore this, but instead I'm going to get ahead of it while I still can.

You, as well as everyone else, are welcome to comment on this thread and discuss movies, be it new, old, opinions, etc. That's why it's here, I know people like Tiki and Ace and I are big movie fans and having a forum within the community to keep it to ourselves instead of inundating the hype threads and stuff where people maybe don't care as much.

That said, man, you gotta stop with the telling people what to do and derailing the conversation. You've started arguments about stupid things like Jurassic World: Dominion that didn't need to go as far as they did. Then you post telling Tiki to do a video he's probably not interested in making.

I get that you're younger and we love having younger people around, it keeps the forum alive, but we also aren't going to cater to your specific tastes or do things specifically for you. I have my review style on Letterboxd and I for one enjoy cursing. I do it for comedic effect as well as emphasis, and if you aren't comfortable with that, that's fine, you don't have to be. But I'm also not going to change my content for you when it's not written for you anyway, it's written for me. That really rubbed me the wrong way today. We are adults, we are not making content for minors and asking us to do so is just not the way I go.

If you disagree with a movie opinion, that's fine too, but telling people they're wrong or calling them out for having different taste than you in the way you have been isn't cool either. Why don't I adore Snow White? I find it boring and unfocused. Sure, it's the original (mainstream) animated film and that's awesome history, but it's just not a very good movie beyond that fact to me personally. I didn't mix it up with another movie, I just don't like it that much and that's okay.

Going forward I ask that you keep it civil, not spam the chat, and keep it focused on movies. We've all had our YouTube Poop phase but that's not what we talk about here and it derails the conversation. I don't want to be a jerk, but we've seen a few people now come in and comment on this thread about how weird it has gotten and that's not the purpose here. So just going forward, be mindful of that, okay?
Sorry @PerGron and @TheOriginalTiki I was a little showstealer

PerGron

Original Poster
Tonight’s Regal Mystery Movie was The Long Game which was a really generic feel good sports movie. I would’ve switched over to The First Omen but the next one wasn’t for another hour after and I didn’t want to hang around and wait for that, so I just sat through it.

It was fine. Cheech Marin was the absolute best part of it.

Hey @PerGron what do you think of the movie napoleon dynamite?
I haven’t seen it since I was like 15 so I can’t give an honest opinion since my taste has changed so much in the last decade lol. I remember liking it as a teen so if that’s the case, I probably wouldn’t like it now

For a example here’s my ranking of all the Pixar movies, I’ve seen almost every one, except elemental.
IMG_0382.jpeg

TheOriginalTiki

For a example here’s my ranking of all the Pixar movies, I’ve seen almost every one, except elemental.
View attachment 778740
I wouldn't be opposed to doing the occasional tier list as a way to keep the conversation going in between big releases.

I saw Civil War and I'm mixed on it leaning towards positive. As far as Alex Garland's directing it was far and away the most technically impressive. The writing/world building might be even muddier than "Men". I did really like the non verbal transformations the two leads had, but the script was both really heavy handed and didn't really say a lot you couldn't grasp from the first ten minutes.

Plemmons though. Man is a STAR and totally steals the show as a one scene wonder. His stuff is very much "Film School" worthy as far as being a masterclass in suspense building.

TheOriginalTiki

Just getting out of Arcadian and it's the worst 2024 movie I've seen so far hands down. Boring setting, terrible shaky cam to hide the terrible effects, awful acting, wooden dialog, a total bait and switch with how much screen time Nic Cage actually gets. Just really bad all around.

AceAstro

saw Civil War and I'm mixed on it leaning towards positive. As far as Alex Garland's directing it was far and away the most technically impressive. The writing/world building might be even muddier than "Men". I did really like the non verbal transformations the two leads had, but the script was both really heavy handed and didn't really say a lot you couldn't grasp from the first ten minutes.

Plemmons though. Man is a STAR and totally steals the show as a one scene wonder. His stuff is very much "Film School" worthy as far as being a masterclass in suspense building.
I’ve been going back and forth on seeing it in 4DX this weekend since I have a discount. Is it worth it?

TheOriginalTiki

I’ve been going back and forth on seeing it in 4DX this weekend since I have a discount. Is it worth it?
I definitely think it's worth it. In a lot of ways it's just as much of a "theme park movie" as MCU stuff except instead of broad comedy and action it's more a series of really suspenseful set pieces and impressive post-apocalyptic visuals. Like I said I did really like the mirrored character journey between Kirsten Dunst and Cailee Spaeney's characters, but it was a very surface level "this is the thematic beat we want to hit as an excuse to do the post apocalypse road trip" kind of thing.

And low key "Arcadian" was such hot trash it made me appreciate all the good parts of Civil War more and made me forgive some of the more frustrating parts. It's just such a stark contrast when you have a director who actually knows what the hell they're doing compared to something that legit feels like a student film that happened to luck into casting Nic Cage.

Okay @TheOriginalTiki you weren’t against my tier list idea so here’s all the Walt disney animation studios movies. The first is the ones I’ve seen:
IMG_0383.jpeg

The second one is predictions for the ones I’ve haven’t seen. I had to take 2 pictures cuz the whole thing wouldn’t fit on one picture
IMG_0384.jpeg

IMG_0385.jpeg

TheOriginalTiki

Tomorrow I’m hitting The First Omen, Civil War, and an early showing of Ungentlemanly Warfare
Definitely let me know how The First Omen is. You've been a bad influence on my "going to the theater just for the hell of it" habbits and I partially blame you for Arcadian 🤣🤣

I'll probably be seeing Monkey Man tomorrow

TheOriginalTiki

I just finished catching up with X-Men 97 because of all the hype I've been hearing about episode five. Honest to God that was probably the most gut-wrenching half hour of any Marvel content I've ever seen in my life. And that was the HALF WAY point in the season. If ya'll aren't watching this show, you NEED to be.

PerGron

Original Poster
Definitely let me know how The First Omen is. You've been a bad influence on my "going to the theater just for the hell of it" habbits and I partially blame you for Arcadian 🤣🤣

I'll probably be seeing Monkey Man tomorrow
The first omen was actually really solid. It’s too bad it came out so soon after Immaculate because the two are very very similar and it made it super predictable, even more so than it would’ve been.

Still, it doesn’t rely on jumpscares like Immaculate did, Nell Tiger Free is a much better actress than Sydney Sweeney, the horror worked really well, and overall it was a movie I do think horror fans should watch. I’m shocked too because up until last week, it wouldn’t have been on my radar at all

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom