The Imagineering Movie Discussion Thread

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
What the [#@$!] happened to this thread
Chris Farley Idk GIF

Hey @PerGron I saw some of your reviews on letterbox and all I can say is WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE!

I was surprised that you gave Mario a decent review. I saw it 8 times in 23 and I loved it. For the FNAF movie you need to play the games and see the lore to understand the story. Both are getting sequels, and if you see them, I hope you enjoy them!

Also, why on earth is Snow White at two and a half stars? That’s really stupid if you ask me. It’s like you confused the live action movie with the animated movie.

Also, I think it would be cool if on your YouTube channel if you made a CLEAN video on ranking every (enter studios name) movie, I would watch and maybe if I get permission could join you and @TheOriginalTiki in one! It’s unlikely though

PerGron

Original Poster
Hey @PerGron I saw some of your reviews on letterbox and all I can say is WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE!

I was surprised that you gave Mario a decent review. I saw it 8 times in 23 and I loved it. For the FNAF movie you need to play the games and see the lore to understand the story. Both are getting sequels, and if you see them, I hope you enjoy them!

Also, why on earth is Snow White at two and a half stars? That’s really stupid if you ask me. It’s like you confused the live action movie with the animated movie.

Also, I think it would be cool if on your YouTube channel if you made a CLEAN video on ranking every (enter studios name) movie, I would watch and maybe if I get permission could join you and @TheOriginalTiki in one! It’s unlikely though
I was going to ignore this, but instead I'm going to get ahead of it while I still can.

You, as well as everyone else, are welcome to comment on this thread and discuss movies, be it new, old, opinions, etc. That's why it's here, I know people like Tiki and Ace and I are big movie fans and having a forum within the community to keep it to ourselves instead of inundating the hype threads and stuff where people maybe don't care as much.

That said, man, you gotta stop with the telling people what to do and derailing the conversation. You've started arguments about stupid things like Jurassic World: Dominion that didn't need to go as far as they did. Then you post telling Tiki to do a video he's probably not interested in making.

I get that you're younger and we love having younger people around, it keeps the forum alive, but we also aren't going to cater to your specific tastes or do things specifically for you. I have my review style on Letterboxd and I for one enjoy cursing. I do it for comedic effect as well as emphasis, and if you aren't comfortable with that, that's fine, you don't have to be. But I'm also not going to change my content for you when it's not written for you anyway, it's written for me. That really rubbed me the wrong way today. We are adults, we are not making content for minors and asking us to do so is just not the way I go.

If you disagree with a movie opinion, that's fine too, but telling people they're wrong or calling them out for having different taste than you in the way you have been isn't cool either. Why don't I adore Snow White? I find it boring and unfocused. Sure, it's the original (mainstream) animated film and that's awesome history, but it's just not a very good movie beyond that fact to me personally. I didn't mix it up with another movie, I just don't like it that much and that's okay.

Going forward I ask that you keep it civil, not spam the chat, and keep it focused on movies. We've all had our YouTube Poop phase but that's not what we talk about here and it derails the conversation. I don't want to be a jerk, but we've seen a few people now come in and comment on this thread about how weird it has gotten and that's not the purpose here. So just going forward, be mindful of that, okay?

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
I was going to ignore this, but instead I'm going to get ahead of it while I still can.

You, as well as everyone else, are welcome to comment on this thread and discuss movies, be it new, old, opinions, etc. That's why it's here, I know people like Tiki and Ace and I are big movie fans and having a forum within the community to keep it to ourselves instead of inundating the hype threads and stuff where people maybe don't care as much.

That said, man, you gotta stop with the telling people what to do and derailing the conversation. You've started arguments about stupid things like Jurassic World: Dominion that didn't need to go as far as they did. Then you post telling Tiki to do a video he's probably not interested in making.

I get that you're younger and we love having younger people around, it keeps the forum alive, but we also aren't going to cater to your specific tastes or do things specifically for you. I have my review style on Letterboxd and I for one enjoy cursing. I do it for comedic effect as well as emphasis, and if you aren't comfortable with that, that's fine, you don't have to be. But I'm also not going to change my content for you when it's not written for you anyway, it's written for me. That really rubbed me the wrong way today. We are adults, we are not making content for minors and asking us to do so is just not the way I go.

If you disagree with a movie opinion, that's fine too, but telling people they're wrong or calling them out for having different taste than you in the way you have been isn't cool either. Why don't I adore Snow White? I find it boring and unfocused. Sure, it's the original (mainstream) animated film and that's awesome history, but it's just not a very good movie beyond that fact to me personally. I didn't mix it up with another movie, I just don't like it that much and that's okay.

Going forward I ask that you keep it civil, not spam the chat, and keep it focused on movies. We've all had our YouTube Poop phase but that's not what we talk about here and it derails the conversation. I don't want to be a jerk, but we've seen a few people now come in and comment on this thread about how weird it has gotten and that's not the purpose here. So just going forward, be mindful of that, okay?
Sometimes you just gotta be brutally honest. They are movies and opinions are subjective, no reason to have a fight about it. I do know that I am guilty of keeping it off the topic of movies and I would like to say sorry @PerGron about keeping it off of movies.

PerGron

Original Poster
To get back on track, what do yall think of the trailers for the movie “Civil War”.
Civil War is easily my 2nd most anticipated movie of the month (only Abigail beats it lol) and in my top 10 for the year. I'm stoked for it!

Also, I saw Monkey Man yesterday and it was fantastic!

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
Civil War is easily my 2nd most anticipated movie of the month (only Abigail beats it lol) and in my top 10 for the year. I'm stoked for it!

I am also excited for civil war. I am glad that they didn’t go with the stereotypical Civil War scenario, which I’m pretty sure we all know. The most outlandish part is that California and Texas are working together. The one part that I am proud of is that Floridian Alliance, with Florida Man.
What Do We Do Cosmo Jarvis GIF by Shogun FX

TheOriginalTiki

I'm on the fence about Monkey Man. I'm very much NOT an action movie fan. I don't even really care for the John Wick movies all that much. Probably going to end up skipping it. Civil War on the other hand I'm absolutely all in on!

Also stoked this week that I'm going to be seeing The Godfather in giant screen Atmos!

AceAstro

Same! Civil War looks so good and I love Kathryn Newton so will probably be brave for Abigail 🤣

I see Problemista (might do a double feature with Monkey Man) on Tuesday and I can’t wait for it too!

TheOriginalTiki

Then I think you should watch it!

It has its action moments for sure especially at the end, but it’s way less action and way more story and character stuff. The trailers really pitched it wrong. I actually think you’d like it
Good to know. I'll try to check it out if I have time. It's certainly more on my radar than trash like The First Omen haha.

Also, I have a storytime about my ATTEMPT to see Immaculate. Most of the time I go to the movies solo, and when I do I have a social anxiety about sitting directly next to anyone (Moreso an anxiety about if my presence will make the person uncomfortable rather than any kind of anxiety about actually being next to the person in itself). Because of that I always like to grab an end seat. So I'm in the second row at the end opposite the aisle. There's two people next to me but an empty seat in between us so all is good.

About 20 minutes into the movie, just when the plot is starting to kick into gear, some random dude comes in and sits in the empty seat next to me. He asks me if I speak Spanish and I say no, at this point very much annoyed that he's taking my attention away from the movie. The guy starts typing into a Spanish to English translator thing on his phone with the brightness on FULL BLAST. After a couple painful minutes of this, he shows me the message which is "can you please move seats so me and my girlfriend can sit together?". I just get up and walk the hell out at that point. I was so ed that I didn't even bother trying to get a refund because I knew I'd come across as a Karen.

Seriously, if this was like, during the trailers or something I wouldn't have been thrilled about it, but it wouldn't have been that big of a deal. There was a seat in the same row next to the Aisle with a gap in between it and the people sitting in the middle of the row, so I could have taken that, and probably should have, but alas this guy took up like three or four minutes of my attention actively during the movie, so I was already lost on the plot and very much not really digging the movie in the first place (Yea, Sydney Sweeney just ain't it for me when it comes to acting haha).

So yea, my thoughts on Immaculate will probably be forever tainted by that ;)

TheOriginalTiki

Also just want to throw out that The Fall Guy is quickly becoming the MUCH more tolerable version of Argyle for how I'm starting to see the trailer in front of everything that isn't a family movie haha. I'm still looking forward to it but damn if marketing over-exposure doesn't somewhat sour my hype levels for stuff.

PerGron

Original Poster
I love Kathryn Newton
I’m right there with ya lol.

Good to know. I'll try to check it out if I have time. It's certainly more on my radar than trash like The First Omen haha.

Also, I have a storytime about my ATTEMPT to see Immaculate. Most of the time I go to the movies solo, and when I do I have a social anxiety about sitting directly next to anyone (Moreso an anxiety about if my presence will make the person uncomfortable rather than any kind of anxiety about actually being next to the person in itself). Because of that I always like to grab an end seat. So I'm in the second row at the end opposite the aisle. There's two people next to me but an empty seat in between us so all is good.

About 20 minutes into the movie, just when the plot is starting to kick into gear, some random dude comes in and sits in the empty seat next to me. He asks me if I speak Spanish and I say no, at this point very much annoyed that he's taking my attention away from the movie. The guy starts typing into a Spanish to English translator thing on his phone with the brightness on FULL BLAST. After a couple painful minutes of this, he shows me the message which is "can you please move seats so me and my girlfriend can sit together?". I just get up and walk the hell out at that point. I was so ed that I didn't even bother trying to get a refund because I knew I'd come across as a Karen.

Seriously, if this was like, during the trailers or something I wouldn't have been thrilled about it, but it wouldn't have been that big of a deal. There was a seat in the same row next to the Aisle with a gap in between it and the people sitting in the middle of the row, so I could have taken that, and probably should have, but alas this guy took up like three or four minutes of my attention actively during the movie, so I was already lost on the plot and very much not really digging the movie in the first place (Yea, Sydney Sweeney just ain't it for me when it comes to acting haha).

So yea, my thoughts on Immaculate will probably be forever tainted by that ;)
I’ve actually heard really good things about The First Omen shockingly. If the mystery movie tomorrow isn’t something I’m really into, I’m gonna theater hop over to check that one out.

As for Immaculate, that’s rough. I love a good end of the row way in the back as far away from everyone as possible so I hear ya. At monkey man, it was just me and my two friends in the theater and two people came in and sat directly next to me with all the open seats so I hear you.

Also just want to throw out that The Fall Guy is quickly becoming the MUCH more tolerable version of Argyle for how I'm starting to see the trailer in front of everything that isn't a family movie haha. I'm still looking forward to it but damn if marketing over-exposure doesn't somewhat sour my hype levels for stuff.
Argylle, The Fall Guy, Arthur the King, and Planet of the Apes have been my 4 most annoying to deal with constantly (Dune 2 was getting there as is Furiosa).

I liked Arthur the King and I’m very excited for Planet of the Apes and the Fall Guy, but man do they need to diversify the trailers for the freaks like me that spend all their free time at the movies

TheOriginalTiki

Don't get me wrong, I'll take seeing the same three to five trailers over and over again and only getting three trailers per movie like they do it at my local theater rather than having to endure the 30 minute gauntlet of trailers at an AMC, but yea my theater's rotation is very slim. For example I'd love it if they actually played the second Furiosa trailer and not just the first one, but alas it's pretty rare that they'll actually update to a new version of a trailer unless it's a Dune Part Two situation where the movie is significantly delayed.

Dune Part Two I very much didn't mind seeing the trailer over and over again with haha. I could listen to that damn Hans Zimmer music on a loop, and the editing in the trailer was really on point. Weirdly enough I never got the trailer for Arthur and the King. I didn't even know what it was until you posted about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom