The Imagineering Break Room

D Hulk

So, what would everyone think of an Imagineering Movie Club? Every week watching a different movie and trying to create something based off of it? Sort of like The Great Movie Ride Comp but more based around the films for that week and more of a group brainstorm thing?
This, I like! Use it as a brainstorming exercise, use it as an excuse to explore movies we wouldn't otherwise consider. Would be a really great new thread!

How would we want to go about picking the movies? Maybe we could go through an "all time classics" list, with the schedule set in advance. That means we'd wind up discussing things like The Godfather or Citizen Kane or Casablanca. I'd be for it!

mickeyfan5534

This, I like! Use it as a brainstorming exercise, use it as an excuse to explore movies we wouldn't otherwise consider. Would be a really great new thread!

How would we want to go about picking the movies? Maybe we could go through an "all time classics" list, with the schedule set in advance. That means we'd wind up discussing things like The Godfather or Citizen Kane or Casablanca. I'd be for it!
I've written up a huge list right here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g_Ahd7GW6DNzuNWqYDnGR5ao-p3o7xHjxHNdgvyg2JU/edit?usp=sharing

Of course, over 200 films means there's a huge amount to pick and choose.

D Hulk

I've written up a huge list right here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g_Ahd7GW6DNzuNWqYDnGR5ao-p3o7xHjxHNdgvyg2JU/edit?usp=sharing

Of course, over 200 films means there's a huge amount to pick and choose.
That is a really good list!

Give or take a few movies. Not sure if it's worth visiting stuff like Snow White that's overrepresented in parks already. Not sure how histories like Selma could be adapted, but that might me a fun discussion anyway.

If we're going in order, Wizard of Oz is week one. That would be a wonderful entry to discussion!

Disney Dad 3000

So, what would everyone think of an Imagineering Movie Club? Every week watching a different movie and trying to create something based off of it? Sort of like The Great Movie Ride Comp but more based around the films for that week and more of a group brainstorm thing?

Sounds like a fun thread idea. Could make for some really challenging topics pending the movie. The wider the range in film genres the better.

Disney Dad 3000

That is a really good list!

Give or take a few movies. Not sure if it's worth visiting stuff like Snow White that's overrepresented in parks already. Not sure how histories like Selma could be adapted, but that might me a fun discussion anyway.

If we're going in order, Wizard of Oz is week one. That would be a wonderful entry to discussion!

And there's already a park a short drive from me we could re-open and put it in.

Suchomimus

Best joke in Pirates 5:p And this is a Disney movie.

92cd5195efc468a6aca3720ed72df16f.gif

brb1006

My Animal Kingdom idea that I made on one of these threads just came back to me. I forgot a bit of the details but I remember it was a new area that was covered in trees and gave love to Bambi. I needs to reread some of the older threads to get my memory refreshed.

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
Best joke in Pirates 5:p And this is a Disney movie.

Literally just finished watching that exact movie, coincidence? I think not.
Ah! A movie that was utterly bittersweet. Great series, entertaining, great cinematography, but it could have been so much more.

Hoping 6 (if it ever happens) will truly do the series justice!:D

D Hulk

Not sure where to put this, but...

Last night over on my DisneySeaTrip Report thread, @S.P.E.W went and suggested a crazy new Imagineering project - an all-new DisneySea in a new location!
I’d like to see you create your own DisneySEA here on WDWMagic, and I don’t mean DisneySKY (though I wouldn’t mind seeing an improved version).

Hmm...You've really got me brainstorming right now! (Apologies to trip report readers, this thread is temporarily an Imagineering thread.)

Various port-of-call options for Hong Kong DisneySea (HKDS):

* Beautiful romantic entry city like Mediterranean Harbor, maybe like Monaco, or Victorian London, or Istanbul, or...

*Cartoon kiddie land like Mermaid Lagoon (with a fresher IP) based on Finding Nemo. This covers the Australian continent.

*Other cartoon IP land like Arabian Coast, inspired by Polynesian culture and Moana.

*Since HKDL has no Pirates of the Caribbean, let's do an entire Caribbean pirate land!

*Resurrect the old Discovery Bay ideas from Disneyland for a steampunk San Francisco version of American Waterfront.

*Maybe something inspired by Disney's cult Atlantis: The Lost Empire?

*An ancient Greek land. Or an African land up the Congo River (Indiana Jones?). Or...

No Glacier Bay since HKDL is getting that Frozen land.

And since Hong Kong is uniquely situated with a dock for the Disney Cruise Lines, let's do a world's first and allow in-park cruise ship docking!
We rather briefly brainstormed port-of-call concepts for a Hong Kong DisneySea, as quoted above. This won't be an active project for a while still, but thought I'd share the ideas here for any feedback.

spacemt354

Chili's
Not sure where to put this, but...

Last night over on my DisneySeaTrip Report thread, @S.P.E.W went and suggested a crazy new Imagineering project - an all-new DisneySea in a new location!

We rather briefly brainstormed port-of-call concepts for a Hong Kong DisneySea, as quoted above. This won't be an active project for a while still, but thought I'd share the ideas here for any feedback.
Eek, for some reason the notifications to the TR thread stopped for meo_O Back on now - that sounds like a fun project down the road! Maybe next year or so!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom