The Imagineering Break Room

FigmentPigments

This would be a huge project for Disney even if it's a clone just because of all the work that would be needed to fit it in and with all the other projects lined up as well. MK already is the most popular park, adding a low capacity major E-ticket in Tron doesn't really solve that capacity issue, and might make it worse? :bored:
Also, i wonder how its going to look in Tomorrowland. Tron looks very futuristic and high tech while the rest of Tommorrowland....:cautious: I'm thinking (unless they spruce up the rest of the land) it may stick out??

spacemt354

Chili's
Also, i wonder how its going to look in Tomorrowland. Tron looks very futuristic and high tech while the rest of Tommorrowland....:cautious: I'm thinking (unless they spruce up the rest of the land) it may stick out??
They did fix up the front of Tomorrowland with the nice bluish tint to the rocks now and added blue lining to the tops of all the roofs. Though that still doesn't fix the future that never was vibe with all the zainy color designs throughout.

FigmentPigments

They did fix up the front of Tomorrowland with the nice bluish tint to the rocks now and added blue lining to the tops of all the roofs. Though that still doesn't fix the future that never was vibe with all the zainy color designs throughout.
True, it still feels like a mish mash of design elements, but maybe they're slowly but surely working their way through it. And I do like how the rocks look now.

tcool123

About those rocks slowly turning orange again.

img_1738-jpg.214599

img_1739-jpg.214600

img_1740-jpg.214601

img_1741-jpg.214602

img_1742-jpg.214603

Voxel

President of Progress City
He has a lot of alerts so I'm not gonna add another, but Martin had said the quote below this morning about Tron because another site claimed it was confirmed.

"All I can say is it's a possibility. I don't personally know if it's green lit.

As far as I knew it wasn't for discussion this week.

There were also three Tron options for this plot. Going with all 3 would be a surprise."

Then it spiraled out of control and now everyone is expecting it. From his initial statements, doesn't seem like he confirmed it, right? Just like with all the rumors, it's possible but not confirmed. :bookworm:
He also retracted that with shock on multiple fronts saying it's a good possibly if happening now.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Remember we have been getting a lot of talk on refreshing the appearance of tomorrowlqnd over the last few weeks. It can be seen in the new signs and coffee shop

Disney Dad 3000

I know I won't be in the majority on this, but I for one am happy they are keeping the speedway for now if this is all true. For nostalgia ans dad reasons it's a must but also nice to see WDW add and not just replace.

I'm a little torn on this. The ride looks cool, theme is cool, but have heard a lot that the ride itself is just so so. Maybe instead of cloning they might actually improve on the Shanghai version? Nahhh. I would love to see the people mover rerouted to go through the grid if they are just going to still keep us in the dark on SM.

All this being said, as nice as an E ticket add is, I'd rather see 3 c/d tickets in that space.

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
I know I won't be in the majority on this, but I for one am happy they are keeping the speedway for now if this is all true. For nostalgia ans dad reasons it's a must but also nice to see WDW add and not just replace.

I'm a little torn on this. The ride looks cool, theme is cool, but have heard a lot that the ride itself is just so so. Maybe instead of cloning they might actually improve on the Shanghai version? Nahhh. I would love to see the people mover rerouted to go through the grid if they are just going to still keep us in the dark on SM.

All this being said, as nice as an E ticket add is, I'd rather see 3 c/d tickets in that space.
I definitely agree, but the park needs a true thrilling ride and has also been in an E-ticket deficit since the 90's when 20K closed. They haven't opened one since, it's time.

mickeyfan5534

I've finally got my mind together on the Dreamlights update. Unit by unit:
  1. Cinderella: That carriage is stunning. I had the lowest expectations for this unit and I was very, very pleased. The carriage is a work of art that I could see getting cloned into Paint the Night. The ballroom is extremely simple but there are touches that make it extremely elegant. Carriage - 8/10 Ballroom - 6/10
  2. Beauty and the Beast: Lumiere is meh. But the Belle and Beast float is the star of the update. Maybe it's my personal bias of going nuts for anything Beauty and the Beast but I love it. The loop is amazing. The effects on the stained glass windows are beautiful and the turntable is inspired. Lumiere - 5/10 Ballroom - 10/10
  3. Frozen: It's kind of boring but it's detailed and it looks a lot better than Paint the Night's float. I liked the effects during Let it Go. I think the static Olaf in front lets it down. I can see that either being replaced with a live Olaf or just being taken off the float. 7/10
Overall, it's an great update with two floats that keep it from being amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom