The Imagineering Break Room

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
About to go on Gotg for the 4th time. So far different every time with so many of them being very fun. People clap to the music cheer etc. the ride is a hit, and with me too. Never thought I would say that, but I really like it, but it obviously wouldn't work for Orlando.
image.jpg

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
I really love how the only mega queue at the resort is Indy. Disney World focuses so much on queues instead of capacity by number of rides, while Disneyland's lines are super tiny even for their big rides like Toy Story Midway Mania and Soarin'. Very cool!

The corn dogs were awesome!
Oh... also we ate at Trader Sam's which was excellent! We got a Burger, Tuna, and a pork sandwich (I don't know their menu names), but they were all good, especially the pork sandwich.

Cya soon!

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
Okay so I rode Matterhorn twice just now (nobody on single rider) and the left track is epic at night. Completely changed feelings about it. One of my favorite coasters now!!! Way better than Roger Rabbit although I still like that one.

Suchomimus

He'll be famous- a legend- I wouldn't be surprised if today was known as Harry Potter Day in the future- there will be books written about Harry- every child in our world will know his name! Who knew that even after 20 years later, that line reflected the future of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter? Here's to 20 years of The Boy Who Lived.

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
We did World of Color last night for the second showing @ 10:15pm. Lines up near The Cove Bar at 9:35pm and we were able to get literally the best spot possible. End of the blue section on the far right.

It was essentially raining the whole time, but it felt great and I feel actually enhanced the show making you feel more intimate and apart of it. The fire really helped dry you though. Within minutes after the show we were almost completely dry.

Really just a phenomenal show with epic remixes, transitions, pacing, and even original music. Beyond clever uses of the fountains... there's like 5 or 6 times when you think it cannot get better but it does.

Hands down my favorite night show at any park.

Last edited:

Voxel

President of Progress City
We did World of Color last night for the second showing @ 10:15pm. Lines up near The Cove Bar at 9:35pm and we were able to get literally the best spot possible. End of the blue section on the far right.

It was essentially raining the whole time, but it felt great and I feel actually enhanced the show making you feel more intimate and apart of it. The fire really helped dry you though. Within minutes after the show we were almost completely dry.

Really just a phenomenal show with epic remixes, transitions, pacing, and even original music. Beyond clever uses of the fountains... there's like 5 or 6 times when you think it cannot get better but it does.

Hands down my favorite night show at any park.
It reminds me of walking through Pandora, it's amazing how much rain can enhance the experience in the right area.

D Hulk

Theme Park Apprentice Tournament of Champions: The Finale

The final, final proposals are in! Though we began with 5 competitors, all of them previous champions, life circumstances began to interfere so that there only 2.5 completed park ideas got posted, in a challenge requesting a new Orando park for an established brand.

SeaWorld Pangea (mine): An iron coaster park about the history/evolution of life on Earth.

Lemuria: The Lost Continent: Another SeaWorld park, an immersive fantasy visit to a sunken Atlantis-esque continent.

Legoland: Brick Empires: Legoland's 2nd gate full of immersive IP-based lands. (Incomplete)

I will post again once the judges have completed their critiques and declared the winner. Fingers selfishly crossed for myself!:geek: It's really between me and DPCC, creator of Lemuria, based on cumulative game-wide points where I'm presently 1st and he's 2nd...and my Pangea proposal (despite my hard work) is maybe the lousiest thing I've proposed in this competition. :arghh:

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
Theme Park Apprentice Tournament of Champions: The Finale

The final, final proposals are in! Though we began with 5 competitors, all of them previous champions, life circumstances began to interfere so that there only 2.5 completed park ideas got posted, in a challenge requesting a new Orando park for an established brand.

SeaWorld Pangea (mine): An iron coaster park about the history/evolution of life on Earth.

Lemuria: The Lost Continent: Another SeaWorld park, an immersive fantasy visit to a sunken Atlantis-esque continent.

Legoland: Brick Empires: Legoland's 2nd gate full of immersive IP-based lands. (Incomplete)

I will post again once the judges have completed their critiques and declared the winner. Fingers selfishly crossed for myself!:geek: It's really between me and DPCC, creator of Lemuria, based on cumulative game-wide points where I'm presently 1st and he's 2nd...and my Pangea proposal (despite my hard work) is maybe the lousiest thing I've proposed in this competition. :arghh:
You have got this. Your creativity is so darn good!!!

Out of curiosity have you been to Tokyo?

D Hulk

You have got this. Your creativity is so darn good!!!

Out of curiosity have you been to Tokyo?
I have been to Tokyo. Four years ago, I toured it and Kyoto. Loved them! Perhaps my favorite international cities so far! However as an adult I haven't yet been to Tokyo Disneyland (was there as a baby when it first opened)...going to TDR this September actually, along with Hong Kong Disneyland and Universal Studios Japan. Very excited!

Why do you ask?

And how's your Disneyland visit going?

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
I have been to Tokyo. Four years ago, I toured it and Kyoto. Loved them! Perhaps my favorite international cities so far! However as an adult I haven't yet been to Tokyo Disneyland (was there as a baby when it first opened)...going to TDR this September actually, along with Hong Kong Disneyland and Universal Studios Japan. Very excited!

Why do you ask?

And how's your Disneyland visit going?
So it is by far my favorite park. I am actually at the airport now waiting for my flight to ATL in a few short minutes.

It makes me appreciate Walt even more. The use of space, it's quaintness, and the sheer volume of rides per square foot with lower wait times, and super friendly cast members. I cannot say enough with how Good the cast is here.

We ate at Carthay Circle yesterday on my birthday (incredible incredible incredible!!!!)

We also got beyond lucky, there was an older man in the guardians of The Galaxy line in front of us yesterday, and he had a light-up a club 33 jacket. I knew you could not get that, so I said I really like his jacket and asked if he worked for the company (I almost didn't, but I figured what the heck).

He did not work for Disney (he's rich though), but in his party there was a person that did. His name was Joel, and he happened to be a former Imagineer:):). We talked for close to 20 minutes discussing everything, and the most striking thing he said to me was "if you want to be an Imagineer you can do it, but don't wait -- start now, but it is not how it was when I was there in the 90's". He is an incredibly talented artist and his notable works include DCA's original Tower of Terror, the moon in the sky that was added to the Barbossa potc battle because of him among others.

They also gave us a private tour of Club 1901, you have no idea how epic yesterday was.

I'll give more information later, but my parents met them too, and now they really want to go to Tokyo next year.

Last edited:

D Hulk

So it is by far my favorite park. I am actually at the airport now waiting for my flight to ATL in a few short minutes.

It makes me appreciate Walt even more. The use of space, it's quaintness, and the sheer volume of rides per square foot with lower wait times, and super friendly cast members. I cannot say enough with how Good the cast is here.

We ate at Carthay Circle yesterday on my birthday (incredible incredible incredible!!!!)

We also got beyond lucky, there was an older man in the guardians of The Galaxy line in front of us yesterday, and he had a light-up a club 33 jacket. I knew you could not get that, so I said I really like his jacket and asked if he worked for the company (I almost didn't, but I figured what the heck).

He did not work for Disney (he's rich though), but in his party there was a person that did. His name was Joel, and he happened to be a former Imagineer:):). We talked for close to 20 minutes discussing everything, and the most striking thing he said to me was "if you want to be an Imagineer you can do it, but don't wait -- start now, but it is not how it was when I was there in the 90's". He is an incredibly talented artist and his notable works include DCA's original Tower of Terror, the moon in the sky that was added to the Barbossa potc battle because of him among others.

They also gave us a private tour of Club 1901, you have no idea how epic yesterday was.

I'll give more information later, but my parents met them too, and now they really want to go to Tokyo next year.
Have a great flight, and happy birthday!

I am actually down at DCA right now, writing this from the Cove Bar. Whatever direction the Tournament of Champions takes, I felt like celebrating. And wouldn't you know it, I didn't even realize Club 1901 was a thing until you mentioned it! Maybe now I'll need to become rich and then go there. Envious of you!

At last I've been on Guardians (formerly known as the abomination), but only once so far. The ride is indeed fun, and I love the queue once you get indoors. It's surreal wandering through a space I know as TOT and seeing different sights. The exterior is...still not used to that. As an attraction, Mission:Breakout seems more Universal to me, including how it has nearly nothing to do with its surroundings. The ride's tone only starts once you're indoors, and it's very plot-heavy, not nearly as atmospheric as TOT. (That atmospheric quality is what makes the old school Disney attractions stand out, and I'll grant there's an outside chance that Marvel Land could eventually give Mission: Breakout more of that feeling.)

Really cool story about meeting the Imagineer! I once saw Tony Baxter riding Pinocchio while I was in the queue, but that's all. If you have any more trip stories to relate later, don't hesitate!

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
Have a great flight, and happy birthday!

I am actually down at DCA right now, writing this from the Cove Bar. Whatever direction the Tournament of Champions takes, I felt like celebrating. And wouldn't you know it, I didn't even realize Club 1901 was a thing until you mentioned it! Maybe now I'll need to become rich and then go there. Envious of you!

At last I've been on Guardians (formerly known as the abomination), but only once so far. The ride is indeed fun, and I love the queue once you get indoors. It's surreal wandering through a space I know as TOT and seeing different sights. The exterior is...still not used to that. As an attraction, Mission:Breakout seems more Universal to me, including how it has nearly nothing to do with its surroundings. The ride's tone only starts once you're indoors, and it's very plot-heavy, not nearly as atmospheric as TOT. (That atmospheric quality is what makes the old school Disney attractions stand out, and I'll grant there's an outside chance that Marvel Land could eventually give Mission: Breakout more of that feeling.)

Really cool story about meeting the Imagineer! I once saw Tony Baxter riding Pinocchio while I was in the queue, but that's all. If you have any more trip stories to relate later, don't hesitate!
Just got into Atlanta ~15 minutes ago. Hartsfield Jackson is such a streamlined airport it really is great. Much better than LAX or MCO.

We rode Gotg a grand total of 6 times (Fastpass + rope drop rocks), and every time we got a different song. The no gravity profile in particular is very cool.
I also love when rocket (Spoiler) says: "Is that Disneyland?" Genius:hilarious:.

Since a Marvel land is heavily rumored to happen (like the now confirmed by permits Ratatouille ride at EPCOT) riding it and enjoying Gotg I am okay with the move, but without a Marvel land it is very Universal like currently. I initially hated the idea with a passion, but have obviously changed my mind having ridden it.

Reminds me of Transformers being added for no reason at Universal Studios Park Orlando, but it isn't quite as bad since it is in its own corner, and will be apart of a new land.

I agree the exterior will take some getting used to, but it does look great at night (day not as good). I think the right side of the building looks the best, and like I've said before the story is very fun and frantic which works better for Gotg than the suspense it could have retained from the Tower of Terror. Pros and cons, but with a Marvel Land included IMO that's a win though. I would not be surprised if a name change happens.
It is equally very Universal like with the screens, but the park has a very diversified ride line-up compared to Uni.

I really like the Wharf and the West side of Paradise Pier. Gorgeous to look at. Really mimics San Fran and the Coney Island Pier look well.

Grizzly Peak also is a very fun land. Soarin' of course rocks, and then Grizzly River Run with its spinning drop is a blast. Also the fact that the raft has 8 vs. 12 on Kali at Animal Kingdom makes it far more choppy. Random question, but do you know if there is a reason Disney refuses to put dryers or changing rooms at the end of their raft rides? I guarantee more people would ride it then.

But I'll definitely explain more when I have the time. Good night everyone!!!

Oh must I mention Alice in Wonderland is fantastic. And Mr. road while much cheaper is really neat being sooo compact.

spacemt354

Chili's
If one was to watch a ride video before yu ride it how much does that takeaway from the ride?
For me personally not too much. Some people like to go in completely fresh, but I don't have that self-control especially if the next trip is months/years away.

It still feels different for me because no matter how many times I can watch the video, the ride itself always feels different/better for some reason:bookworm:

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
For me personally not too much. Some people like to go in completely fresh, but I don't have that self-control especially if the next trip is months/years away.

It still feels different for me because no matter how many times I can watch the video, the ride itself always feels different/better for some reason:bookworm:
I had seen clips of Indy like the boulder and the big scene. Never watched the full video, but also having ridden Dinosaur so many times I could predict the turns, but not the epic movements of the vehicle. I don't know how someone could like Dino better than Indy.

The experience was so different than anything I could have imagined, same for Mr. Toad.

But, I saw Frozen: Ever After beforehand and it almost felt like I had ridden it.

Actually come to think of it I rode Maelstrom. :banghead::p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom