The Imagineering Break Room

D Hulk

Resort hopping is a fun activity at WDW! Even if you're not staying at the resort, like in Las Vegas, it's fun to walk into the different hotels, and many times they are grouped together with 4-5 resorts in a central location so you can see a lot in one area.
It seems like the vacation pace in WDW is very different with all the additional resort amenities. Their 4 parks and our 2 have roughly the same total ride count, yet you'd need like 4+ days to do 'em all there, while I've literally done every single ride at DLR in a single day. And then I slept in my own bed. Soooo different!

Still I enjoy slipping out of DCA for a quick bite or drink at the hotels out here, and it's all 5 minutes apart. Really, Disneyland and DCA are like one really big single park.

spacemt354

Chili's
It seems like the vacation pace in WDW is very different with all the additional resort amenities. Their 4 parks and our 2 have roughly the same total ride count, yet you'd need like 4+ days to do 'em all there, while I've literally done every single ride at DLR in a single day. And then I slept in my own bed. Soooo different!

Still I enjoy slipping out of DCA for a quick bite or drink at the hotels out here, and it's all 5 minutes apart. Really, Disneyland and DCA are like one really big single park.
FastPass+ kinda engineers it so that most people going down for say 6 days - end up spending most of their day in a single park because you can only make Fastpasses in a single park per day. And I think the crowds unless you go offseason, especially at the MK, are tough to handle:hungover: Our barometer for crowds is if there's a line for the Peoplemover -- if there is we're in trouble:hilarious: So it makes it tough to do everything in a day. Also World Showcase in Epcot (in particular for people over 21) tends to slow things down a bit:p;)

We got more done on Christmas Day in Disneyland than we had done any day ever in WDW haha - everything is so close and compact, and the wait times aside from Radiator Springs and Indy, were all 50 mins or less. Definitely makes it more convenient than having to take transportation to and from the parks.

D Hulk

FastPass+ kinda engineers it so that most people going down for say 6 days - end up spending most of their day in a single park because you can only make Fastpasses in a single park per day. And I think the crowds unless you go offseason, especially at the MK, are tough to handle:hungover: Our barometer for crowds is if there's a line for the Peoplemover -- if there is we're in trouble:hilarious: So it makes it tough to do everything in a day. Also World Showcase in Epcot (in particular for people over 21) tends to slow things down a bit:p;)

We got more done on Christmas Day in Disneyland than we had done any day ever in WDW haha - everything is so close and compact, and the wait times aside from Radiator Springs and Indy, were all 50 mins or less. Definitely makes it more convenient than having to take transportation to and from the parks.
Wow, crowded parks! I can't imagine DHS with its 5 rides but crowd sizes similar to DCA with its 20 rides. What's an average wait time in Florida? Most DLR locals I know won't wait more than 30 minutes for anything (except for the nuts who recently did 4 hours for Mission: Breakout on opening day to say they did it - that ride's now averaging like 45 min a few weeks later).

D Hulk

The Disneyland crowd patterns are strange because of all the APs. It used to be summers and holidays were the most crowded, but now with blackout dates for the lower tier passes around those times, they're possibly among the less busy days! The Friday before SoCal Select APs are forbidden for two straight summer months, that's now almost the busiest day of the year at Disneyland. Same with the Monday in September after they're let back in.

spacemt354

Chili's
Wow, crowded parks! I can't imagine DHS with its 5 rides but crowd sizes similar to DCA with its 20 rides. What's an average wait time in Florida? Most DLR locals I know won't wait more than 30 minutes for anything (except for the nuts who recently did 4 hours for Mission: Breakout on opening day to say they did it - that ride's now averaging like 45 min a few weeks later).
It depends on the season but I would definitely say on average the wait times are longer than at Disneyland Resort -- and that may have something to do with the fact that 2 parks have the same number of attractions (give or take) as 4 parks in WDW.

I'll tell you if Breakout was in WDW (gosh I hope not) despite negative fan reaction it'd probably be averaging 100+ min waits.

For instance Mine Train in the summer averages about 80-100 mins, Frozen 80-100 mins, and they had to add a 3rd track to TSMM because every summer we went it was a 100+ min wait whereas at Disneyland it was 20 mins:hilarious:

D Hulk

and they had to add a 3rd track to TSMM because every summer we went it was a 100+ min wait whereas at Disneyland it was 20 mins:hilarious:
And that 20 min wait for TSMM here is why we consider it the rope dropper attraction (well, before Fastpass was added), because no one wants to wait a whole 20 minutes for something!:p:hilarious:

You'll be proud to know that Space Mountain still averages over an hour out here.

spacemt354

Chili's
And that 20 min wait for TSMM here is why we consider it the rope dropper attraction (well, before Fastpass was added), because no one wants to wait a whole 20 minutes for something!:p:hilarious:

You'll be proud to know that Space Mountain still averages over an hour out here.
Excellent! We had a good ol' fashioned paper fastpass for it:D I tend to have bad on-ride photos I was trying to find the one for Space Mountain but I couldn't find it:p

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
Goodness Disneyland's waits are epic for every single ride. You actually want to wait in some cases because you feel that 10 minutes is too little for some of these rides.:p

Really an incredibly awesome day today.

Disney World is neat with the resorts like you two mentioned: an attraction in their own right, but Disney World was ripped off with rides on account of Eisner and other things.

I think Disneyland is a much better resort as a whole. Crazy to think that a smooth 21st Century Space Mountain averages under an hour while Disney World's routinely hits 90 minutes and well over 110 for peak season.

Except for the entrance of Tomorrowland being superior at Disney World, The Star Tours building etc. make Disneyland's Tomorrowland look great. Abandoned rides aside I think Disneyland's Tomorrowland wins.

Good night everyone!!!
image.jpg

Disney Dad 3000

Knew it!:D

Also @D Hindley I can't find where the quote went for some reason but yes - I know the Bellview-Bilmore in Bellair, Florida was also some influence to the Grand Floridian
1280px-Clearwater_B-B_hotel01.jpg

I would say that influenced the designs of the additional buildings like Sugar Loaf and stuff like that - with the color scheme/influence of Coronado!:geek:

Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped turned upside down

Sorry. That was all I could think reading your post

D Hulk

Well I rode the abomination. Actually very good especially the preshow, but Tower of Terror has better theming etc. I'm okay with it if there is a Marvel Land.
View attachment 211633
I'll likely be going down there sometime in the next few days to ride the abomination. (The only Abomination I want in a Marvel Land fights the Hulk.). Having watched the Tower transform over the last half year, can't say I'm a fan of that big dumb facade, nor how it looks from elsewhere in DCA (particularly behind Carthay Circle seen from Soarin', formerly a brilliant design confluence), and I'm not sure how much a Marvel Land will fix that problem when it's still seen from other lands. Hopefully the ride itself is good.

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
I'll likely be going down there sometime in the next few days to ride the abomination. (The only Abomination I want in a Marvel Land fights the Hulk.). Having watched the Tower transform over the last half year, can't say I'm a fan of that big dumb facade, nor how it looks from elsewhere in DCA (particularly behind Carthay Circle seen from Soarin', formerly a brilliant design confluence), and I'm not sure how much a Marvel Land will fix that problem when it's still seen from other lands. Hopefully the ride itself is good.
Sight lines are a problem, yes. The Tower of Terror actually fit well throughout the park. That is the main downside, but I guess let's wait and see what they end up with.

California Screamin' Single Rider is nice.
image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom