The Imagineering Break Room

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
Dang the queues here are awesome. Short and sweet minor dark rides are he way to go!!!
Something interesting is that Fastpass has gone electronic, and now uses iPads and iPhones as of today of all days. Essentially old fastpasses WDW style which is really good. They use bar codes instead.
A few hiccups technically, but ALL OF THE CAST MEMBERS ARE SOOOO GOOD.

Heading to Plazza Inn now, and will do Indiana Jones afterwords!

spacemt354

Chili's
Dang the queues here are awesome. Short and sweet minor dark rides are he way to go!!!
Something interesting is that Fastpass has gone electronic, and now uses iPads and iPhones as of today of all days. Essentially old fastpasses WDW style which is really good. They use bar codes instead.

Very interested to hear your review on Indy:geek:

Suchomimus

I feel like a potato for saying this but I actually prefer Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin to Matterhorn.
giphy.gif

D Hulk

This sudden electronic Fastpass stuff? Is it the Maxpass for resort hotel guests or upcharge buyers only? Have they stopped using the paper passes entirely as of today? Help me, @David2319, you're my only hope!

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
This sudden electronic Fastpass stuff? Is it the Maxpass for resort hotel guests or upcharge buyers only? Have they stopped using the paper passes entirely as of today? Help me, @David2319, you're my only hope!
Currently they have what's called a FastPass "reminder".

They are issued alongside your Fastpass which is held digitally in your park ticket. The change is definitely for the better. It is available for everyone and is the new norm. Nothing is reserved for resort guests, and MaxPass won't debut until mid-July which is a $10 per day per ticket paid service which allows you to book fastpasses remotely instead of getting it at a kiosk. It does include Photopass though so it is actually a very good deal.
image.jpg

Also I hated the idea of Mission: Breakout and sightlines are an issue, but it actually looks pretty neat in person. Definitely okay with me if and when a Marvel land comes to DCA.

Also just at at the Plazza Inn. Food was okay, but definitely above the level of your Disney World quick service, but the history behind it as well as it being well priced made for a satisfying meal.

I hope that answers your questions, and again, the Cast Members are just out of this world as well as the crowds. California seems to be so chill and just really cool. Not so much crazy rushing and running yu are at WDW.

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
Oh my God Indy was better than Forbidden Journey. Holy $€£¥.:D:D:D:D
Honestly amazing. My mom who hates every thrill ride including Seven Dwarfs Mine Train LOVED IT.

Honestly blew us all away!!
Disneyland is officially all of my family's favorite park. This includes Disneyland Parc Paris.
Next up POTC!!! So far in the queue in the outside it is gorgeous.

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
Well I loved Happily Ever After so Disneyland's fireworks weren't as good, but the fact that it combines Wishes and showcases the rides of the park scores points for me. It ended short though due to high winds.

God, I cannot stress how beautiful this park is. An absolute joy to be at!! People are beyond friendly. Crowds are manageable, rides are top notch with there being sooo many.

BTW New Orleans Square is an epic land. Stunning, stunning, stunning
image.jpg

Waiting for the Electrical Parade now. Cannot wait!

D Hulk

Knew it!:D

Also @D Hindley I can't find where the quote went for some reason but yes - I know the Bellview-Bilmore in Bellair, Florida was also some influence to the Grand Floridian
1280px-Clearwater_B-B_hotel01.jpg

I would say that influenced the designs of the additional buildings like Sugar Loaf and stuff like that - with the color scheme/influence of Coronado!:geek:
I don't know the Grand Floridian at all, or any of the 136 other hotel complexes at Walt Disney World, but that is interesting. I hear about people who visit WDW every year, and always at a different hotel. Guess that encourages repeat visits.

spacemt354

Chili's
I don't know the Grand Floridian at all, or any of the 136 other hotel complexes at Walt Disney World, but that is interesting. I hear about people who visit WDW every year, and always at a different hotel. Guess that encourages repeat visits.
Resort hopping is a fun activity at WDW! Even if you're not staying at the resort, like in Las Vegas, it's fun to walk into the different hotels, and many times they are grouped together with 4-5 resorts in a central location so you can see a lot in one area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom