The Imagineer 2-- R1, Project 2

Disneyson 1

Well, we tried to get another judge, but...

Sid: Hey! Hey, HEEEEY!!!!!!!! What about me?!? Don’t I get ta vote? This is MY thing!!!!!
Mater: Um..., well, we usually let the judges decide… but... uh… I guess-

Sid: Alright, step aside! Now let’s see... hmm.

Well, that one looks great...
… Lotsa good stuff here. Ooh, storyboards, I like!
… Oh gosh, and mac ‘n’ cheese, my favorite!
… looks pretty fancy, lemmie tell ya. My actors are gonna love this.
… Oh gosh, look at dis one!
… hm, they’ve got mac ‘n’ cheese here too. And it’s Minnie’s! She makes great mac ‘n’ cheese, I’m telling, ya! So both places have mac ‘n’ cheese… a draw in menu quality.
… well, it’s not QUITE as fancy, but…
… there’s a fancy room too??? Aw, geez, they’re both great!
… uh….
… ummmmmmmmm….
… uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…

It’s a draw. I can’t decide. I think no matter what I’ll be plenty inspired, so… you said somethin’ about judges?

Mater: Yeah. I think we’ve kinda already decided.
Sid: Oh… Well then! Uh, I guess… yeah.
Mater: We’ll be done with construction in no time (the fairies are helping), so you can use the restaurant in a couple of days.
Sid: Really? Cool! I’m getting ready to shoot soon and that one restaurant-
Mater: Walt’s Place, you mean?
Sid: Yeah! It’s gonna be great for the shoot! I guess I’ll see ya later!
Mater: If you say so…!

Sorry about the whole judging thing again, guys. We'll try to iron things out next time!

Fractal514

To be honest, regardless of the outcome, you could think of it this way. You guys dodged a bullet last round by one of our members dropping out. Now it evens out. I agree that sometimes the speediness is an issue, and I'll be curious to see the other judges results.

MaterA113

Original Poster
I understand. But for now we will do it this way...

Im thinkign for Project 3 we WONT!

I know you all dont seem to "care" about the speed, BUT the problem is it will last FOREVER if we dont. ANd sooner or later People will (GUARANTEED) loose interest near the end because it has dragged out SO LONG!

Right now it stands (i understand once again), im thinking of BETTER ways to change this juding process.. (as this looked good on paper, BUT in time and perspective it doesnt)

EDIT: I understand as well abotut eh public vote (that wasnt my idea, it was Trevor's). It might not seem that im taking all your "criticism"/advice but believe me i am. And if i cant think of another way to fix it.. Im thinking of just dropping this competition :)

Tazer19

I understand. But for now we will do it this way...

Im thinkign for Project 3 we WONT!

I know you all dont seem to "care" about the speed, BUT the problem is it will last FOREVER if we dont. ANd sooner or later People will (GUARANTEED) loose interest near the end because it has dragged out SO LONG!

Right now it stands (i understand once again), im thinking of BETTER ways to change this juding process.. (as this looked good on paper, BUT in time and perspective it doesnt)

EDIT: I understand as well abotut eh public vote (that wasnt my idea, it was Trevor's). It might not seem that im taking all your "criticism"/advice but believe me i am. And if i cant think of another way to fix it.. Im thinking of just dropping this competition :)
Thanks Mater.

MaterA113

Original Poster
Ok, i have thought about it.

IF the judges DONT respond with THIS project with comments by TOMORROW EVENING (3/1) 10pm EST.. They are OUT (sorry to say)

And then Project 3 will go a bit differently

The ONLY problem with "slowing" down is that there will become lag time between projects and ppl might get bored/forget easily, ALSO we have this scheduled to end (the projects) on saturdays/sundays, so they are easily to work on. but IF we do this "lagging" time it WONT be that way, the project lengths WILL be the same, BUT i dont wnat to hear/see "complaints" of no time because no weekends, some of these projects might just go from Monday-Friday.

Fractal514

I'm a little confused...does this mean the end result of this rounds stays as is, or will it change based on the still-out judges?

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
I don't have my stuff yet, I just got on and only had a chance to skim.

Mater, I could email you, but it would be easier for me to say this now. I think we should wait to judge until the morning after, like we had talked about. It's too hectic for me on days like this, cuz if I miss one thing, I miss a million. So, the poll can stay the same, but it would be easier for me (I can't speak for bam and MH) to wait until the day of the next project.

I'll be on later to post my thoughts, I suppose that my points won't matter for this project.

---TrevorA

MaterA113

Original Poster
Yes this round stays the same... BUT NEXT round will be diferent...

NOTE: I have soo much stuff going on right now that this will be hard.. but i will try, if not.. im just gonna end it.. B/c i started out having fun and excited now im kinda dreading thinking what will happen now?

Fractal514

Might I suggest that you just post P3 right now. If the judges results won't change this round, why not go forward with P3 and make the changes you need to, on your end, while we are working on the next project?

I think that you might wants to consider shortening the overall length/number of projects and maybe doing a round or two with double eliminations. If you are really worried about people dropping out over the long haul.

CharlieD

It's quite ironic that this season it's the judges that aren't meeting the deadlines and not the contestants, as it was last season.

Mater, we have a winner and team leaders for project 3 (I think) so can't you go ahead and post anyway.

MaterA113

Original Poster
Thanks all for your suggestions, they have all benn taken into consideration. NOTE Fractal there WILL be double eliminationS those were already planned.

Im gonna post Project 3... AND... i have thought this ALL DAY at school, thinking of ways to do this and such, to the point that i think this MASSIVE headache i have is because of this... Im changing THIS project 2 as a "non elimination round" and Yes i know its unfair, etc. SO our Non Elimination round THIS round will now be an elimination round.

Project 3 will be posted shortly.

OK, you say now to shorten the project lengths WELL all of them are shorter than a week.

hope you all understand, there will be NO ELIMINATION this round, so we are "starting over" but with uneven teams, sorry about that.

:(
Hey everyone I apologize, I have been so so so so busy! My band is having our first gig in less than 2 weeks so we have practice constantly, I have been creating the contest's prize :eek:...:ROFLOL:, and I have been doing commissions for the same thing the prize is. I apologize for not being able to read thoroughly through entries and posting, and this is my first time as a judge so i apologize!

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
^If you're talking about the teams, then - in a word - never. But we have some more tricks up our sleeves :)

Don't worry guys, we're working out some kinks in the system, but we don't want you to stop working on your projects We'll have the problem solved before the week is out.

Keep up the good work, I'm super proud of all of you so far.

---TrevorA

MaterA113

Original Poster
Correct :)

Also, with the kinks we are working out, it might move a bit, SOO..

Also, we had an oroginal schdueld, BUT it has been changed several times before the project even began

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom