Pre-Trip The "I NEED HELP" Pre-Pre-Trip Report

Okay.
Deep breaths, Nicole.

Inhale, exhale.

Hello, friends. I am Nicole, and I need HELP. After my whining, and begging, and downright temper tantrum-ing, I have finally gotten my boyfriend to agree to a Disney trip! It has been FIVE years since we went to Disney together, and one whole whopping longgggggg 2015 of no Disney for me. But it's a new year... it's 2016, and this little princess is getting her behind to Disney. :)

So, I am thinking of booking Disney from Friday, November 4th to Sunday, November 13th. My birthday is the 5th, and I REALLY want to wake up in the world. I know it's a little bit more expensive to fly out Friday afternoon and pay for an extra night, but I don't think there is any monetary amount that can compare to waking up in Disney on your birthday.

Now here's where you guys come in.

Should I stay at a Value Resort (thinking Art of Animation) or should a spend about 600 bucks more and stay at Port Orleans Riverside?

I really want to go to Universal (don't throw things at me) because I have never been! Do you think 6 days Disney and 2-3 days Universal for a first timer would be appropriate?

Should I book now (please say yes) or should I wait until like 6 months prior which would bring me to the end of April...I know NOTHING about how airline flights work and I've been checking every day on the Disney website. It does seem like Tuesday is the cheapest day for flights for some reason, no clue why!

So my dear fellow Disney obsessed friends, please help me. I will be forever and ever grateful.

DSC00471 by nicole tiffany

Ciara

You took an uber or taxi to universal right? Where do they drop you off? Am I going to be a lost soul?? Thank you lol

We took uber! They drop you off in the "taxi" area. If i remember correctly the area is like right under the beginning of walkway to the entrance (its like a sky bridge) so you walk up some stairs and then you are on your way! Uni seemed to have good signs and directions because i feel like it was fairly easy to navigate :D

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
We took uber! They drop you off in the "taxi" area. If i remember correctly the area is like right under the beginning of walkway to the entrance (its like a sky bridge) so you walk up some stairs and then you are on your way! Uni seemed to have good signs and directions because i feel like it was fairly easy to navigate :D

Thank you! I'm so afraid I'll be so out of my element I'll get lost and end up on the streets of Orlando. Did you just tell the uber driver to take you to universal or did you have an exact address? I am crazy, I know... Lol

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thank you! I'm so afraid I'll be so out of my element I'll get lost and end up on the streets of Orlando. Did you just tell the uber driver to take you to universal or did you have an exact address? I am crazy, I know... Lol

Although your inquiry wasn't directed to me, I thought I'd chime in here. I've never used Uber, but you can be certain that all the taxi drivers, Uber, limousine drivers, etc., ALL know where Universal is!! I don't think you need an address! ;)

Beckett

Don't worry! We used UBER quite a lot on our December vacation and they do know where all theme parks are. I was lucky to get very knowledgeable and kind drivers who always gave us tips and answered our questions. I was by myself with my daughter and was able to do it, so you will too! Also, some of the drivers are cast members who do that for a little extra money which made me feel even safer. When you use the App you can easily just write "Universal Studios", you don't need the exact address. Have a fun trip!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Don't worry! We used UBER quite a lot on our December vacation and they do know where all theme parks are. I was lucky to get very knowledgeable and kind drivers who always gave us tips and answered our questions. I was by myself with my daughter and was able to do it, so you will too! Also, some of the drivers are cast members who do that for a little extra money which made me feel even safer. When you use the App you can easily just write "Universal Studios", you don't need the exact address. Have a fun trip!
Thank you thank you! You have given me much needed peace of mind. What would I do without all you Orlando experts?!?

Beckett

image.jpeg
Happy to help! I used this and it works for the first ride. You don't have to tell your driver about it, it is like a credit in your account, they get paid as always, so no embarrassment to worry about :D .Remember to sign up and download the App. After you have the App you can see in advance approximately how much your trips will cost. Tipping is not required but I always do, and honestly I feel bad when I see them be surprised by this. Seems like a lot of people don't. And remember to always give 5 stars to a good driver. They depend on good ratings! :)

mishel635

I'm so excited that you're going back! My best friend and I are going back 11/12-11/22 for seven nights at Bay Lake Tower and three nights at Wilderness Lodge. I loved following your previous trip reports and its part of the reason I chose Wilderness Lodge this time. I'm so excited I can't even take it! And we are surprising our kids and it's getting harder and harder to keep this secret!!! Have fun planning!!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom