Pre-Trip The "I NEED HELP" Pre-Pre-Trip Report

Okay.
Deep breaths, Nicole.

Inhale, exhale.

Hello, friends. I am Nicole, and I need HELP. After my whining, and begging, and downright temper tantrum-ing, I have finally gotten my boyfriend to agree to a Disney trip! It has been FIVE years since we went to Disney together, and one whole whopping longgggggg 2015 of no Disney for me. But it's a new year... it's 2016, and this little princess is getting her behind to Disney. :)

So, I am thinking of booking Disney from Friday, November 4th to Sunday, November 13th. My birthday is the 5th, and I REALLY want to wake up in the world. I know it's a little bit more expensive to fly out Friday afternoon and pay for an extra night, but I don't think there is any monetary amount that can compare to waking up in Disney on your birthday.

Now here's where you guys come in.

Should I stay at a Value Resort (thinking Art of Animation) or should a spend about 600 bucks more and stay at Port Orleans Riverside?

I really want to go to Universal (don't throw things at me) because I have never been! Do you think 6 days Disney and 2-3 days Universal for a first timer would be appropriate?

Should I book now (please say yes) or should I wait until like 6 months prior which would bring me to the end of April...I know NOTHING about how airline flights work and I've been checking every day on the Disney website. It does seem like Tuesday is the cheapest day for flights for some reason, no clue why!

So my dear fellow Disney obsessed friends, please help me. I will be forever and ever grateful.

DSC00471 by nicole tiffany

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I love it! Here we go Brownies,here we go!!!! Lol...I dont hear of too many people who are down with the "pound" that are not from Cleveland!!

Always loved the Browns, my boyfriend is an eagles fan and my brother is a patriots fan.. I get made fun of all the time! :(

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I have switched around my dining WAYYYYY to many times to even count. I am still not satisfied! Is it possible to have too many QS and TS credits that you don't know what to do with them all? I'm not sure how I will eat this much food. I still have an unused TS credit just dying to turn into an ADR. It's like back to the beginning of this thread...I NEED HELP!! :)

Cowboy Steve

I hope you get all the adrs you want!!! :) I am so excited for the Christmas party! This is my first time going! Let's hope our trips comes soon but go by extremely slow!

We LOVE the MVMCP!!! This year will be our 4th time going. It has gotten progressively more expensive... lol... but we still go!!

You're a Browns fan?!?!?!?!?

That was the first app I noticed on her phone!!! :D Go Brownies!!!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
What do you have reserved so far? What days and what will you have left?

Okay, so I am in Disney for a total of 9 nights. 6 Disney days, 2 universal. Fly in at 9 PM so this day doesn't count, and leave at 10 AM so this day doesn't really count either.

Disney
9 Table Services
1- Cali Grill (2)
2- Le Cellier (2)
3- Mama Melrose (1)
4- Yak and Yeti (1)
5- Skipper Canteen (1)
6-Ohana (1)

So this totals 8.. got one left over.

9 QS meals,
1- Be Our Guest (1)
2- Flame Tree BBQ (1)
Don't really have any other plans just will decide with what park we are at....

..how the heck am I to eat all this food in this time span? Does this seem like a crazy first world problem to have?

lostpro9het

Okay, so I am in Disney for a total of 9 nights. 6 Disney days, 2 universal. Fly in at 9 PM so this day doesn't count, and leave at 10 AM so this day doesn't really count either.

Disney
9 Table Services
1- Cali Grill (2)
2- Le Cellier (2)
3- Mama Melrose (1)
4- Yak and Yeti (1)
5- Skipper Canteen (1)
6-Ohana (1)

So this totals 8.. got one left over.

9 QS meals,
1- Be Our Guest (1)
2- Flame Tree BBQ (1)
Don't really have any other plans just will decide with what park we are at....

..how the heck am I to eat all this food in this time span? Does this seem like a crazy first world problem to have?
15undz.jpg

Cowboy Steve

If Uni closes at 7.. what time could I reasonably be at Disney Springs?
In a perfect world... and depending on how far out your parking place is at Universal... 8:30pm at the earliest. A local or more frequent visitor to both parks can probably be more accurate. I know when we were staying at CS and we went to Uni, at closing it was a good 15 minute walk to the gate of either Universal park, a 20-30 minute walk from the gate to our car, then another 30-40 min drive to get back to CS. And we had good traffic. We had my Mom with us who was 68 at the time... younger legs should be able to make those walks a little quicker.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
In a perfect world... and depending on how far out your parking place is at Universal... 8:30pm at the earliest. A local or more frequent visitor to both parks can probably be more accurate. I know when we were staying at CS and we went to Uni, at closing it was a good 15 minute walk to the gate of either Universal park, a 20-30 minute walk from the gate to our car, then another 30-40 min drive to get back to CS. And we had good traffic. We had my Mom with us who was 68 at the time... younger legs should be able to make those walks a little quicker.

Thank you! I will most likely be using Uber, so I am hoping I can maybe make a 9PM dinner reservation? Thank you so much for estimate! Google maps is not being my friend LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom