The House Cup: An Imagineering Competition - Discussion Thread

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Sorry everyone. After this round of Imagineering I'll be opting out of the competitions. I'm not really cut out for them; I need time and personal brainstorming to come up with ideas :/

Be sure to catch me on the forum when I do make some posts
Your choice, of course, but if I may...

The competitions, or events, is probably a better term, bring a different sort of mindset than a personal project, help juice your creatives, if you know what I mean.

Part of what makes these sorts of events worthwhile is not the matter of winning or losing, it's the experience of them.

Note the comradery when I post something from a previous season that people worked very hard on as a team, and as individuals. We remember those late nights working on that as a group.

That is part of what it's all about. Forming those relationships with people who are like-minded as well as exploring your own capacities and learning new skills.

But, further, competition makes you go beyond your comfort zone. For example, I had to learn a lot about image editing (when I started on the forums, I used MS Paint) just to keep up with some of the amazing artists within our community. Without the pressure of a due date, and competition, I would have put that off for years. It's not that I "couldn't", it's that I "wouldn't"...if that makes sense?

It's always up to you, but I hope to see you on a team in a future event, and I certainly will look into the work you presented in the past.

Cheers!

Voxel

President of Progress City
Brogdon wasn't a first round draft :(. Despite being the first ACC player to win both ACC offensive and defensive player of the year and national defensive player of the year.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
It's a fairly long and complicated story, but basically @englanddg is a man of many talents much in the same way as Bruce Wayne ;)
Right. Like, I can dance really well.

batman-single-ladies.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom