The 'Honey your famous, where did the pretty girlies go?'..July Trip Report.

DSC02273.jpg

By now most of you know who I (or rather we) are. But I will start with the details and 411 just in case you need a little reminder.

Me: Your host. Aleisha, 32 full time administrative support worker for a government contractor in DC. Part time evening student hoping to graduate eventually. Mommy to the sweetest boy in the world (more about this later) little man. Allergic to pretty much everything, but mainly animal fat found in beef, pork and dairy.Disney lover for ions. I have a slight disability, Cerebral Palsy to the right side. This is not important, but will be important enough for a future story.

Andy: aka Anderson. 34. full time graphic designer for the Washington Caps-hints why half our pics at least one of us wears something. Love his job, but its a long season and requires a lot of time away from little man and myself. Allergic to nothing-lucky man-a phone-a-holic I don't think he would know what to do without it. Hated anything Disney until I so lovingly made him go on our honeymoon back in 06, now he can't get enough.

Logan: aka little man. 3. The absolutely greatest thing that has ever happened to me. Without a doubt. I don't know how I got so lucky with this kid..he is a mommy's boy as you will probably see throughout the report. Loves Cars, Wall E, Nemo and Monsters Inc. Has a thing for Ariel and the little mermaid. Jake and The Neverland Pirates has become his best friend. Has had the fortunate luck to inherit my dairy allergy, though thus far that is it.

The 411:

When: July 19-28th
Where: Boardwalk Villas
The plan: 8 day park hopper, dinning plan.

We tend to switch it up from time to time, some years we do dinning plan and park hoppers, others we do table of wonderland and annual passes...and while I am sure you all wanted to hear this, I know what you really came for was my report...

ctosh

ohh it sounds like such a good trip. We also have a 14 hour drive:( but so worth it. We have friends who we took with us last year and will be going back with us in 282 days.. Their little girl is unable to fly.. so we drive.. I really don't mind because it gives e time with the family.
Your little one sound like mine did 10yr ago.. Wait till he is 14 and the effect he has on the girls!!!

disney1077

What a great trip report! I enjoyed reading it. Loved all the stories of your son. He is so precious. Glad you had a wonderful time. And I know exactly how you feel about that last day of vacation. I always hate thinking about it.

6laurac

Simply fantastic-really appreciate you sharing your special experience with us. I can't wait until we take our 2.5 year old next year to see how and what she will do.

foreverbelle

Original Poster
ohh it sounds like such a good trip. We also have a 14 hour drive:( but so worth it. We have friends who we took with us last year and will be going back with us in 282 days.. Their little girl is unable to fly.. so we drive.. I really don't mind because it gives e time with the family.
Your little one sound like mine did 10yr ago.. Wait till he is 14 and the effect he has on the girls!!!

Yeah the drive was long but flying with him last year was hard. And we saved a lot of money...and you are right, it gave us more time as a family....I am afraid of the day he turns 14. Believe me...

What a great trip report! I enjoyed reading it. Loved all the stories of your son. He is so precious. Glad you had a wonderful time. And I know exactly how you feel about that last day of vacation. I always hate thinking about it.

Thank you. The last day is horrible, but knowing we will be back helps, even if it is just a bit. I loved reliving the moments with everyone!

Simply fantastic-really appreciate you sharing your special experience with us. I can't wait until we take our 2.5 year old next year to see how and what she will do.

Not a problem! Your little one is going to have a blast. I think it would be cool to see a little girls reaction since right now its all boy in the house...Enjoy.

foreverbelle

Original Poster
Well that was superb.Glad you all had a magical time. 14 hours on the road!:eek: Read your trip report from start to finnish with my coffee and cupcake.The wee man looked like he had a ball.:)

Thankfully the 14 hours was broken up into two days, so it wasn't as bad. Then again seven can at times be enough. LOL! He absolutely had a blast and has asked on a daily basis when we will be returning! Love it.

6laurac

Mind if I ask what kind of a vehicle did you drive down? Our drive would be 11 hours so I was curious what you drove and had to entertain your son.

powlessfamily4

Great trip report!!! I was with you ever step of the way. I actually picked up quite a few hints from you on what to do and not do with my grandchild when I eventually introduce him/her (not due until Jan) to WDW. Your son is just adorable and you know he gets that wonderful heart from his parents. I really enjoyed this report. Thanks for sharing :)

PartOfYourWorld

Great report! I laughed everytime you mentioned Logan and all the "ladies" he met throughout the trip. Just too stinkin' cute :) I love it. So happy he decided to get on Pirates, DUMBO, and the Barnstormer!!!! Maybe he'll start riding more next trip!!!

I noticed that I will be missing you by 13 days on your next trip! I have a trip planned with my fiance for March/April for my birthday. We are planning on being there the 30th-7th...Easter weekend but it will be so much fun nonetheless. I would have loved to meet you It's awesome meeting other board members! Maybe someday!

foreverbelle

Original Poster
Mind if I ask what kind of a vehicle did you drive down? Our drive would be 11 hours so I was curious what you drove and had to entertain your son.

We rented a Ford Edge, my husband actually fell in love with it. Great vehicle to rent. Had plenty of room for everyone, big enough for our stuff and our cooler and stuff. Yes it was!! We also entertained him by a DVD player, and he had some toys...and lots of convos with him. It was a lot of fun. He is great on roadtrips, since my family lives in NC so he is used to some of the long trips we take...

Great trip report!!! I was with you ever step of the way. I actually picked up quite a few hints from you on what to do and not do with my grandchild when I eventually introduce him/her (not due until Jan) to WDW. Your son is just adorable and you know he gets that wonderful heart from his parents. I really enjoyed this report. Thanks for sharing :)

Thank you. You are going to have a lot of fun with he/she when they come!! Believe me we have learned a lot from taking little one. If you need any other tips feel free to ask...always willing to help and give advice to other Disney lovers....We try to raise our son with heart. I just got lucky in a lot of ways.

foreverbelle

Original Poster
Thank you so much for sharing! I loved reading about your great trip! Logan is a cutie! Can't wait for the march tr report!

Thank you. March seems so far away right now!! LOL Thank you for coming along with me..

Fun report, enjoyed reading it! Your boy sounds awesome.

Thank you....

Great report! I laughed everytime you mentioned Logan and all the "ladies" he met throughout the trip. Just too stinkin' cute :) I love it. So happy he decided to get on Pirates, DUMBO, and the Barnstormer!!!! Maybe he'll start riding more next trip!!!

I noticed that I will be missing you by 13 days on your next trip! I have a trip planned with my fiance for March/April for my birthday. We are planning on being there the 30th-7th...Easter weekend but it will be so much fun nonetheless. I would have loved to meet you It's awesome meeting other board members! Maybe someday!

Ah yes his ladies, yeah he quite enjoyed them didn't he? Yes I was thrilled he decided to do something different this year. Lets hope he grows with the rides as he gets older!

Well darn. That does suck. It would have been fun meeting you as well. Your right maybe some time...that would be awesome now wouldn't it!

WishIWasAtWDW

great trip report!! logan is quite the ladies man! you will have your hands full when he hits his teens. :D it sounds like you all had a wonderful trip with a lot of firsts for logan. he seems like such a sweet boy! it is always so hard to leave wdw but having another trip planned always makes it a little easier. thanks for sharing your trip with us!

foreverbelle

Original Poster
great trip report!! logan is quite the ladies man! you will have your hands full when he hits his teens. :D it sounds like you all had a wonderful trip with a lot of firsts for logan. he seems like such a sweet boy! it is always so hard to leave wdw but having another trip planned always makes it a little easier. thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Thank you. Yes yes I agree and it was dif filled with a lot of firsts..I was thrilled we rode more than just two rides this year!

Great TR!! Logan is adorable!!! What a handful you will have when he gets older with all the girlies!! lol

Thank you! I am sure the ladies will have their handful with him LOL

bucklepants

I love your TR's, and my goodness you have a sweet little boy. You have great conversations with him. They remind me of the ones we have with our DD, she is 4. They say some of the most heartfelt things, and ask some really intelligent questions. They are life changers, aren't they?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom