The HM ring/piece of an old gate is back.

Anyone else notice, that it looks like the two pics in this post are of two different places on the floor? The dug up pic on top has the lighter gray cement around it where they covered it, and the second pic is just filled in on the hole. Or, is it just me???:veryconfu

BRER STITCH

Concrete is almost impossilbe to patch like that with good results.

The patch most likely just cracked and popped off by itself from traffic walking on it.

The right way to do it would have been to make the hole large enough to hold the patch, and then seal over it.

They might as well have just put masking tape over it.

The mystery lives on....

:sohappy:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Wow that was quick. I was there on Sunday and was not there.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Okay....how long before it gets uncovered?
Apparently not long. It was uncovered Tuesday when I went on the Keys to the Kingdom tour the gum had also been removed. According to our guide there have been imagineers in and out of HM getting ready for the impending refurb. It is always possible that one of them had it uncovered.

kramicart

Anyone else notice, that it looks like the two pics in this post are of two different places on the floor? The dug up pic on top has the lighter gray cement around it where they covered it, and the second pic is just filled in on the hole. Or, is it just me???:veryconfu

Wouldn't it be interesting, with so much debate, that people don't even have a consensus as to where the ring is?

Maybe peopel are looking in two or more different spots and thinking they are seeing the same thing?

Those are clearly two different spots. The joint pattern doesn't match. The color doesn't match. The size doesn't match.

metscool

I took it with the flash of my camera on. It is about 6:15 when I took it. I tryed my best to take a picture of Mr. Toad but couldn't because it was too dark to take the picture. It was funny that I was wondering around the area to find it and people were asking me if I had lost something and I kept on saying nope, I was fine.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
I took it with the flash of my camera on. It is about 6:15 when I took it. I tryed my best to take a picture of Mr. Toad but couldn't because it was too dark to take the picture. It was funny that I was wondering around the area to find it and people were asking me if I had lost something and I kept on saying nope, I was fine.
Where exactly are you looking? The picture you have there is not the covered up ring. The concrete at the location of the ring is almost black where as the patching material was a very light gray.

Sherrybaby

Concrete is almost impossilbe to patch like that with good results.

The patch most likely just cracked and popped off by itself from traffic walking on it.

The right way to do it would have been to make the hole large enough to hold the patch, and then seal over it.

They might as well have just put masking tape over it.

The mystery lives on....

:sohappy:

Hmmmmm....while it's possible I kinda don't think so. You can see the scrape marks around the hole that (I think) proves someone used a tool to take out the patch. Seems like they must have missed a few times when using the hammer or chisel :)

In any case, this "ring" was a source of great pleasure for my son several years ago. He felt like he found a real treasure. I say let people have their dreams--after all, that's what Disney is all about!

Sherry

Simba1

I worked as a CP at the Mansion last Spring and while visiting in January, an HM friend told me that one of the maintenance guys who works closely with the Mansion was going to scrape/dig it out. So we can all thank him!

metscool

Where exactly are you looking? The picture you have there is not the covered up ring. The concrete at the location of the ring is almost black where as the patching material was a very light gray.
I remember seeing the ring with Rob and Alicia one day when I meet them at the park. I walked aroound the exit gate and that was were I thought it was.

bhg469

So they chiseled it out just to make it look worse than the covered up post... It lookes really bad now.

disneydata

It was originally not supposed to be covered. When the BVCC guys came in to fill in the old well spot, an unnamed cast member asked them if they could fill in the location of the ring (telling them guests were tripping on it and it needed to be done). This did not sit well with many of the cast members, including me, and one of the very nice maintenance guys offered to spend a lot of time digging it back out. I will make sure I thank him on behalf of everyone here!

DisneyDellsDude

I agree that those do look like different spots. If you look at the line coming down in the brickwork, the first picture is lined up with the ring, and in the next picture, it's off a few inches to the "patch".

imagineer boy

So they chiseled it out just to make it look worse than the covered up post... It lookes really bad now.

Apparently the ring wass getting closer to Mordor and started to weigh hundreds of pounds. So when Master Gracy threw it out the window, it smashed into the pavement giving the look it has today. :lookaroun :lol:

SirGoofy

Wow, I just realized how little the thing actually looks like a ring. Hopefully it gets filled in/pulled up in the rehab. Everyone cries about bad maintenance, what this actually is, but when someone makes up a story about it, God forbid they fix the problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom