The HM ring/piece of an old gate is back.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
It looks like the ring/piece of an old gate in the sidewalk at the exit of the HM has been uncovered. This picture was taken on 2-4-7 and shows that this highly contested piece of HM history is back to haunt us some more. I did the Keys to the Kingdom tour today and asked our guide about it. She said that it would not be uncovered. When I pointed out to her that it had indeed been uncovered she did seem slightly upset about it. I guess they were kind of sick of debunking the ring rumor as well.

P1090224.jpg
[/IMG]

jmvd20

I wonder how many men would live to tell the tale that they bought their fiance a cast iron ring, with a hunk of steel welded on instead of a diamond? :lookaroun

STGRhost

That looks TERRIBLE! Love the gum, though - nice touch. :ROFLOL:

This is a good picture, though - It's very clear that this is NOT a diamond ring, but a rusty piece of metal. (I was dissapointd the first time I saw the "ring" in person, after hearing about it for so long...)

celestia

It wasn't necessarily a guest..
I'm glad to see it again :)

Who cares about what is part of the "story" or not (wdw mansion has no specific story), or what was intentional, it's just a fun piece of infamous disneyana... kinda like the ballroom hidden mickey.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
will someone fill me in on this ring? why do the cover /uncover it and what purpose does this serve.

Its a long, long story but I will try to some it up.

Its an old gate post that someone called a ring and now you have a mortal battle between those who believe and those that dont.

1disneydood

It's going to be like the hidden Mickey plates. :lol: One day covered, next day uncovered... until they dig the area up, pole and all, and pour new concrete.:lookaroun

Mr Bill

:lol: :lol:
This does seem like it's going to turn into a never ending battle similar to the plates in the dining room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom