News The Hall of Presidents update from 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thelazer

Whatever happend to the giant big plexiglass screen that would SLAM DOWN when people starting throwing bottles as the president's... (as rumored on here)

Dreaming of Disney World

I haven't done Hall of Presidents since I was a kid, when my parents forced me to watch it, and it was soooooo boring. So I've never gone back to watch it anytime as an adult, and I've never brought my kids to see it. Tonight I mentioned to them that it was opening up again with Joe Biden added and described the attraction. To my surprise they seemed really interested in watching a show with "robot presidents." They want to see Biden and Trump as robots. We will have to check it out on our next trip.

Dreaming of Disney World

Honest observation: I find it interesting that Disney actually has to confirm that Trump will be placed among the other Presidents. I mean, he was President. Why the need to confirm that he’s still there?
I think this is helpful for people who are unfamiliar with the attraction and don't know what happens to the former presidents. I haven't seen this attraction since 1994 and was wondering myself.

Figments Friend

I haven't done Hall of Presidents since I was a kid, when my parents forced me to watch it, and it was soooooo boring. So I've never gone back to watch it anytime as an adult, and I've never brought my kids to see it. Tonight I mentioned to them that it was opening up again with Joe Biden added and described the attraction. To my surprise they seemed really interested in watching a show with "robot presidents." They want to see Biden and Trump as robots. We will have to check it out on our next trip.

I recommend experiencing it the next time you visit.
The Show content has changed a lot since you likely last saw it.
The most recent updates to the film segment were nicely done, and bring a more personal tone to the story being told.
When I saw the latest version last year, I was impressed at how moving it was.
I've seen several versions of the Show over the years, but this one had a nice edge.
That could of course just be age...as I think as time goes by one can view such content with more open eyes.

The finale that consists of seeing all the Presidents on stage is always neat, and hearing the actual President in office give the traditional oration near the conclusion is a nice moment.
I would say that the Show tone is more approachable now for current Park Guests, and tells the stories of several personalities from a more humanized perspective.
This approach draws in the audiences interest...and makes for a worthwhile viewing.

Your mileage may vary...

-

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I recommend experiencing it the next time you visit.
The Show content has changed a lot since you likely last saw it.
The most recent updates to the film segment were nicely done, and bring a more personal tone to the story being told.
When I saw the latest version last year, I was impressed at how moving it was.
I've seen several versions of the Show over the years, but this one had a nice edge.
That could of course just be age...as I think as time goes by one can view such content with more open eyes.

The finale that consists of seeing all the Presidents on stage is always neat, and hearing the actual President in office give the traditional oration near the conclusion is a nice moment.
I would say that the Show tone is more approachable now for current Park Guests, and tells the stories of several personalities from a more humanized perspective.
This approach draws in the audiences interest...and makes for a worthwhile viewing.

Your mileage may vary...

-
Nicely put.

Oddysey

Never really liked the current president speaking myself and this would be a good time to stop it since it will have been after 2 Dems and 2 Reps were featured (right? I think it started with Clinton) and given the overall political environment. Just have Lincoln speak (or if desired some other "popular" presidents like Washington or Jefferson, etc.) and have the roll call for everyone else.

Nah, I respectfully disagree and say let them speak. It is a time honored tradition at this point and it is not as if any of the speeches are particularly partisan. It’s usually a pretty generic speech but I think it is neat that Disney has been able to assemble a library of speeches from several incumbents as they come into office. If they can continue to do this for many many years, it would be fascinating to watch the variations through the decades and hear the actual Presidents speak via whatever platforms are used by future generations long after they and we are gone.

Lilofan

The Hall of Presidents and the American Adventure stand as testimonies of the perseverance of American people and the triumph of democracy in the face of conflict of all types- regardless of whether or not I like particular presidents. Glad there is no Muppet invasion.
AA has its gigantic wall of flags but one was taken down several years ago to no fanfare ( ie Dixie flag ).

iowamomof4

Other than ITM's assertion that HoP will open August 21 (did they call it a rumor?), have any other sites given a potential reopening date?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I'd like to see it start off with a Broadway musical opening song, complete with high kicks and fanfares, something like this:

The Presidents! The Presidents! We’re D.C.’s most famous residents!
We’re really ordinary, very classical bores
Until we raise your taxes then get caught up in wars!
And wait until you see the prices rising in stores!
When the Presidents, the Presidents, makin' money for the U. S. A.!

The Presidents! The Presidents! You vote for us to match your party preference.
Our campaigns are designed to give the voters a cleft.
The candidates will drop out, people vote for who’s left.
It really doesn’t matter -- either way they’re bereft!
When the Presidents, the Presidents, line their pockets in the U S A!!!

We’re the Presidents, oh, yes, the Presidents! We haven’t just a bit of any sentience.
Our speeches sound like drivel you can buy for a dime,
Our policies will screw you over time after time,
And this verse has us working hard to find us a rhyme,
But we’re the Presidents, the Presidents, the leaders of the U. S. A.!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom