News The Hall of Presidents update from 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

TikibirdLand

I prefer Grover Gleveland to deliver a speech... But, only if the other Grover can be there too.
image.jpg

There is no good reason they shouldn't have Franklin Pierce delivering a stemwinder halfway through.

Lilofan

HoP is a very fitting tribute to all POTUS but Epcot and Eisner rolled out the red carpet for Reagan when he had his POTUS inaugural parade thru World Showcase on a brutally hot day in late spring in the mid 1980s, Epcot fireworks on a very sunny humid day. When did that ever happen again? A parade fit for a king, I mean president.

Last edited:

jeanericuser001

Maybe they should have Taft talk about how to do the perfect cannonball into the water. Then again maybe they could have an animatronic of him splash into the water near the river followed by a faux splash zone. Just don't ask him to get into a bathtub. The poor guy was notorious for getting stuck in those.

markham

Much better likeness here than was done on the former president AA. From the nose up it's pretty accurate.
When studying painting in college, our intro figure drawing 101 professor would always say that the key to a likeness is the lower 1/3 of a face. John Singer Sargeant once said “a portrait is a painting in which something is wrong with the mouth.” 😂

danv3

I bet the roll call is done. IIRC, the narrator never said Trump’s name in the last iteration. The narrator instead said something like “and now we come to the present.” (Trump did say his own name as part of the oath of office.)

JIMINYCR

We have always enjoyed HoP no matter which party was in power or which President was in office. Unfortunately some people cant just enjoy the attraction for its portrayal of our past and its progression through history. Biden wasnt my choice and some of Trumps policies and things he said I was disappointed in but I would never disrespect the office even in an attraction. Sadly many guests refused to step foot in HoP when Trump was featured. All the years I attended the show I never heard boos or cat calls. Looking forward to hearing a new speech which hopefully will be non partisan and be looked upon as inspiring.

corran horn

We have always enjoyed HoP no matter which party was in power or which President was in office. Unfortunately some people cant just enjoy the attraction for its portrayal of our past and its progression through history. Biden wasnt my choice and some of Trumps policies and things he said I was disappointed in but I would never disrespect the office even in an attraction. Sadly many guests refused to step foot in HoP when Trump was featured. All the years I attended the show I never heard boos or cat calls. Looking forward to hearing a new speech which hopefully will be non partisan and be looked upon as inspiring.
Not going in at all is the preferred response as opposed to booing or cat-calling.

Lilofan

Not going in at all is the preferred response as opposed to booing or cat-calling.
There was a video of a guest yelling at the top of his lungs " Lock him up " numerous times and the show continued even when the CM got on the loudspeaker to say something during the show. There is no place for this but some peoples emotions are not in check when they see a figure they detest.

doctornick

IMO the only President who needs to talk is George Washington. He should give a speech on why this country was founded and the hardships involved breaking from the King and forming a new country. No need to mention past Presidents many recent ones are polarizing -- I would venture to say most people wouldn't know who 90% of them were or what they did any way

I think the bolded is the exact reason why the HoP is important. A lot of Presidents has fallen into the unknown and unrecognized category for many Americans and I think at the very least having a role call with their names is valuable in creating some awareness of the country's history.

JIMINYCR

Yes but my point is about the pettiness of refusing to enjoy a show thats 99.9% inspiring and historically informative and .1% of a speech which lasts less than 1:30 minutes by an AA. If we cant tolerate that how can we ever expect tolerance of our fellow Americans and any type of healing.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
Yes but my point is about the pettiness of refusing to enjoy a show thats 99.9% inspiring and historically informative and .1% of a speech which lasts less than 1:30 minutes by an AA. If we cant tolerate that how can we ever expect tolerance of our fellow Americans and any type of healing.
I remember going in 2016 before the election during the last few months of the Obama show and hearing people already chanting "Trump! Trump!" In the crowd. They don't care tbag the people on stage or around them don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom