The Hall of Presidents to reopen before Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Just repeating the same line over and over again.
I wonder if they've given her a scripted line to repeat, or if she has some freedom to vary it...
"We expect to have the Hall of Presidents open by the end of the year."
"The end of the year is when we plan to have the Hall of Presidents open by."
"The Hall of Presidents is projected to be open before the end of the year."
"The opening for the Hall of Presidents is projected to be before the end of the year."
"The end of the year will also end the closing of the Hall of Presidents."
"The Hall of Presidents should be open before New Years Day."
"By the end of the year open should the Hall of Presidents be."
"Open by the end of the year should be the Hall of Presidents."
"You should be able to see the Hall of Presidents before the end of the year."
"If you're here on New Years Day, you should be able to see the Hall of Presidents."
"If today was New Years Day, the Hall of Presidents would already be open."
"Do I look like Esmerelda the Fortune Teller?"

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I wonder if they've given her a scripted line to repeat, or if she has some freedom to vary it...
"We expect to have the Hall of Presidents open by the end of the year."
"The end of the year is when we plan to have the Hall of Presidents open by."
"The Hall of Presidents is projected to be open before the end of the year."
"The opening for the Hall of Presidents is projected to be before the end of the year."
"The end of the year will also end the closing of the Hall of Presidents."
"The Hall of Presidents should be open before New Years Day."
"By the end of the year open should the Hall of Presidents be."
"Open by the end of the year should be the Hall of Presidents."
"You should be able to see the Hall of Presidents before the end of the year."
"If you're here on New Years Day, you should be able to see the Hall of Presidents."
"If today was New Years Day, the Hall of Presidents would already be open."
"Do I look like Esmerelda the Fortune Teller?"
You forgot “The Hall of Presidents will open hopefully before ESPN drags the company down.”

es135

I heard on visitor ask the CM multiple times if Trump was already in there. Their response each time: “All the presidents will appear in the hall.” We’ve gotta be close!

Next Big Thing

I heard on visitor ask the CM multiple times if Trump was already in there. Their response each time: “All the presidents will appear in the hall.” We’ve gotta be close!
That's a stock answer.

All the CM was saying was that once the HoP opens, all Presidents will appear, which was obvious based on the sign out front of the attraction anyway.

andysol

Sounds like they should have an animatronic for 2021 that can answer all of these questions.
It’ll be like a fancy magic 8 ball- but with only the same 3 answers.
Yes. Outlook Good. And Signs Point to Yes

Cousin Huet

Sounds like they should have an animatronic for 2021 that can answer all of these questions.
It’ll be like a fancy magic 8 ball- but with only the same 3 answers.
Yes. Outlook Good. And Signs Point to Yes

It won’t take this long to install the next one. They had Obama in by the end of June after he was elected but they took their sweet time with W and Trump with Trump getting the extra long treatment. This took an extra 6 months compared to Obama’s which tells me that they were either dragging their feet or they are going to do something to soften the blow for those still screaming at the sky and keep Obama in there speaking in some form.

mitchk

I thought they had reopened the other day when I was there. 2 older cast members were standing there, but as I approached I saw the sign. The good thing was I got to see great moments in history. I think that is a great show. I noticed they got rid of the town cryer though, or maybe it was just for the show I saw. The Paul Rever one..

Butter

It won’t take this long to install the next one. They had Obama in by the end of June after he was elected but they took their sweet time with W and Trump with Trump getting the extra long treatment. This took an extra 6 months compared to Obama’s which tells me that they were either dragging their feet or they are going to do something to soften the blow for those still screaming at the sky and keep Obama in there speaking in some form.

Way to not be political.

So, Hall of Presidents closed in October 2008, and didn't reopen until July 4, 2009 with Obama. An 8 month refurbishment which included a re-working of the show.

With Bush, it closed in July and re-opened in "late Fall", a less than 5 month refurbishment, depending on your definition of "late Fall". So, a shorter closure. But that's taking "their sweet time".

Finally, the rumor has been that there was some kind of disagreement about the speech that Trump would make within the attraction, which led Disney to re-think the whole show itself and whether or not it made sense in the increasingly divided nation to even have current or recent Presidents speak at all. They ultimately reached an agreement with Trump about what the speech would be and decided to keep the show as-is. So I don't think that qualifies as "feet dragging" so much as re-thinking whether or not a reminder of today's political climate belongs in "The Happiest Place on Earth". It's a valid concern.

Princess Leia

I thought they had reopened the other day when I was there. 2 older cast members were standing there, but as I approached I saw the sign. The good thing was I got to see great moments in history. I think that is a great show. I noticed they got rid of the town cryer though, or maybe it was just for the show I saw. The Paul Rever one..
Only the Declaration of Independence show uses the Town Crier.

21stamps

Way to not be political.

So, Hall of Presidents closed in October 2008, and didn't reopen until July 4, 2009 with Obama. An 8 month refurbishment which included a re-working of the show.

With Bush, it closed in July and re-opened in "late Fall", a less than 5 month refurbishment, depending on your definition of "late Fall". So, a shorter closure. But that's taking "their sweet time".

Finally, the rumor has been that there was some kind of disagreement about the speech that Trump would make within the attraction, which led Disney to re-think the whole show itself and whether or not it made sense in the increasingly divided nation to even have current or recent Presidents speak at all. They ultimately reached an agreement with Trump about what the speech would be and decided to keep the show as-is. So I don't think that qualifies as "feet dragging" so much as re-thinking whether or not a reminder of today's political climate belongs in "The Happiest Place on Earth". It's a valid concern.

Rumor being the key word in that entire post. One which has been directly denied by Disney.

I think people are projecting their concerns onto a business who most likely doesn’t see it as “valid”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom