News The Hall of Presidents is now open

Thelazer

With all the delays, you'd think they could get the proportion right... and the ending, just a cold curtain down ending?
Maybe there goal was to distract from the controversy of trump, by just hacking up the rest of the show so we'd all focus on how off the whole ending is, how off the movements and how oddly it looks like some of the AA's are "leaning back" way to far.

tongaloosh

Wait a second, why does his face totally look like Hillary Clinton?
View attachment 251070

Thank you! I was thinking the same thing!

sidebysidehuh.png

The resemblance is uncanny! (valley)

I agree with what others have said: the animatronic's neck is too thin. In some angles, like the photo above, it looks like Trump is leading with his chin, lending him a sort of boxy/rectangular facial shape. Meanwhile, the animatronic looks like its face was deflated, and its jowls became extra-defined as a trade-off.

It's disappointing to see that Imagineering can add small details like the hairs to the back of Trump's hands, but where it counts, they present us with mishmash President Hilvoighter. Still, I'm glad to see this attraction has reopened, and we have a place to snooze, I mean, learn history in the Magic Kingdom again ;)

Now about that ending hand-motion...o_O

P.S. Thanks @wdwmagic for posting the videos and the photos!

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

I don't care about the Trump AA, I'm more bothered by the fact they replaced Royal Dano as Lincoln's voice. That is a travesty!

Haven't watched the video yet (I'll wait to see it in person), but that is seriously disappointing to hear. Restoring his voice was one of the best things about the 2008 version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom