News The Hall of Presidents is now open

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...l-presidents-trump-speaks-20171218-story.html

The first part of his speech was a re-recording of the presidential oath of office. Then, with no small amount of his trademark talking with his hands, spoke about the spirit of the American people and the U.S. Constitution.

“Above all, to be American is to be an optimist — to believe that we can always do better — and that the best days of our great nation are still ahead of us,” Trump concludes. “It’s a privilege to serve as the President of the United States, to stand here among so many great leaders of our past, and to work on behalf of the American people.” His figure neither tweeted nor wore a “Make America Great Again” cap, but wears a dark suit and a diagonally striped tie.

The oath of office and saying it's an honor is pretty safe and non-political. The line about optimism and "day...great..ahead of us" would be his MAGA without using that specific phrase. A good compromise. And pretty much the message of the previous modern presidents.

Princess Leia

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...l-presidents-trump-speaks-20171218-story.html

The first part of his speech was a re-recording of the presidential oath of office. Then, with no small amount of his trademark talking with his hands, spoke about the spirit of the American people and the U.S. Constitution.

“Above all, to be American is to be an optimist — to believe that we can always do better — and that the best days of our great nation are still ahead of us,” Trump concludes. “It’s a privilege to serve as the President of the United States, to stand here among so many great leaders of our past, and to work on behalf of the American people.” His figure neither tweeted nor wore a “Make America Great Again” cap, but wears a dark suit and a diagonally striped tie.

The oath of office and saying it's an honor is pretty safe and non-political. The line about optimism and "day...great..ahead of us" would be his MAGA without using that specific phrase. A good compromise. And pretty much the message of the previous modern presidents.
I’ve got a comparison of Clinton, Bush, and Obama’s speeches in one of the other threads. I’ll find it later and include Trump’s.

brb1006

Guest Services tonight and tomorrow
tenor.gif

I sincerely wish them good luck for the next couple of months. They will need it.

Last edited:

trainplane3

I'm glad it finally opened. I've always enjoyed HoP. The Donald AA does look a little off, like his face is younger (?) looking then what it should be? But the Obama AA was a little off as well. Regardless, the movements look great. The AA's mouth movement is super great...as odd of a detail that is to focus on.

Cousin Huet

I feel like something was cut at the end that went with the weird hand movements without audio. Unusual but well done and no controversy at all. I believe they didn’t do the red tie because it is too symbolic for some.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom