The Great Movie Ride Projects/Announcements

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
This must be a tough decision for the judges. Great job Marvel and Lucas!

Sorry for delay. Working on it now. My mother in law passed away unexpectedly in the last few days and we are out of town, I'm stuck on ipad, all that good stuff.
But yes, this week was freaking tough (like last week). It would be nice if one of these Studios would just suck one week, but not really. :)

The90skid

Sorry for delay. Working on it now. My mother in law passed away unexpectedly in the last few days and we are out of town, I'm stuck on ipad, all that good stuff.
But yes, this week was freaking tough (like last week). It would be nice if one of these Studios would just suck one week, but not really. :)
Oh no! Please, disregard my comment. My prayers and condolences to your spouse and family

spacemt354

Chili's
So sorry for your loss - best wishes to you and your family!

FigmentPigments

Oh no! Please, disregard my comment. My prayers and condolences to your spouse and family
So sorry for your loss - best wishes to you and your family!
Absolutely! Take your time and take care of your family.

kmbmw777

Man, I am so sorry to hear that. Thoughts are going out to you and your family!

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster

Don't even sweat it!
Thank you all for the kind words. It's been a tough 8 years for her so I think she is in a better place now.
This is a good distraction for me, plus some of my family (who are also Disney fans) have gotten to see my secret hobby.

D Hulk

Don't even sweat it!
Thank you all for the kind words. It's been a tough 8 years for her so I think she is in a better place now.
This is a good distraction for me, plus some of my family (who are also Disney fans) have gotten to see my secret hobby.
I'm so sorry for your loss. She's at peace, as you say, and for the entire family this can now be a time for reflection and recovery.

My mother passed away two years ago, and I got into Armchair Imagineering then as a distraction. Met some amazing friends as a result! :):happy: We're all here for you!

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
DisneyDad Scene 2 reviews

So I sound like a broken record here, but thank you all again for the great work. Judges are feeling really bad trying to pick winners out of these challenges. I feel like there have been 6 killer ideas so far and you all have really been brainstorming the heck out of this.
When I was ruminating on this challenge, while in the Mexico pavilion no less, I'll be honest, I never pictured some of the attractions you used. My first thoughts which I may have to explore later, were along the lines of a londonesque area with Peter Pan, a space mtn restaurant (how awesome does that Mission Spsce rest look btw) or maybe a fun 100 acre themed restaurant with Winnie the Pooh. And for a brief moment IASW.
What you all did to expand on your 3 attractions I just thought was top notch.

Pixar Studios
Right off the bat, I'm a huge Indy fan, and unlike many, I think the Stunt show still has a place at DHS. A paragraph in and a freaking recorded sax solo? What!? Speaking as a former sax player, loved that extra and fit well with your experience. Very cool with both the bar and restaurant and the balconies overlooking the stunt show. Very nice job and touch as well with the drink menu and original collectible mugs. If our cabinets at home weren't already full, we'd have all the Disney ones we could, and these would make a great addition. The level of thought you put into this is really amazing. This really is another experience/attraction so for anyone wanting to get more than a few hours in at the park, this would fit the bill. If they ever did an Indy hotel experience like SW, this would be a great extension of that. I think the only thing I didn't see was a layout of how this might fit with the show building and ensure it was in a safe zone for pyrotechnics. There would be a lot of detail and sequencing to pull off, but if it was, wow. Great entertainment, food, etc

Lucasfilm
Really like how you presented the restaurant as a story which fit well with the attraction itself. Great choice on your part I thought. As a southerner, that menu spoke to me, especially the chicken fried steak. :) So your telling me I get to not only watch people get potentially soaked, but I get to try and squirt them too? There are a few folks I see in the park I would love to get a crack at. Love that kind of interactivity with the ride. Thank you for the layout design as well. My only question would be how it would look visually in that area so would've loved to see maybe a rough mockup of the restaurant and how it would look, maybe a little more detail in the idea. All of your choices fit the vibe of SM I thought. Family style, menu, the interaction and this might be something Disney might actually consider.

Marvel
Another DHS restaurant? This place really is seeing a makeover! While your restaurant isn't a part of muppetvision 3d, it was a natural extension of the theater exit and I loved how you mixed scenes and the story between the two. One of those things that would make me curious to do both to see how that worked out if I was a patron. Level of detail was really tremendous as you had restaurant plans, full menu, site details you threw in not to mention a carousel making this a true muppets miniland. Using the original muppets show as the backdrop was the way to go too, even with its age, I think that format has staying power with kids and adults in this kind of setting. Henson's a great name and homage as well. I would love to see the show portion done throughout the day, but for those lucky souls, I think this would be a lot of fun. I almost forgot the mobile muppet order and getting a video of your food being made. Just one of the many great extras you had. My only question was do I get an animatronic Swedish chef to make my sundae? :)

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster

*****TRAILER TUESDAY*****

Scene 3 Ain't no mountain high enough
In recent years the Disney moneymaking movie machine, in addition to the marvel/Lucasfilm/Pixar films, has shown a propensity for making not only live action remakes of many of its classic cartoon films, but also making films off of some of its original park attractions. Some have turned out well (see POTC), others not do much (cough, cough haunted mansion) and others remain to be seen(jungle cruise).

In homage to our scenario of the week where we've lost a few original attractions, your Trailer Tuesday prompt will be to propose a new film based off of one of Disneys original attractions that has not yet had a film made out of it.

The proposed cast, style, characters/names, story, etc is entirely up to you, but obviously interesting enough to warrant possibly being green lit for production.
Similar to the 1 sentence competition, you can use 1-3 sentences to provide your pitch along with 1 stock or or original piece of artwork if you so choose. Maximum of 3 entries per studio (1 per person) so if you are strapped for time this week helping your studio with the main project. This is a great way to pitch in and have a little fun with a topic.

5 points per entry will be awarded with one film proposal being selected to head to production and earning a 10 point bonus for their studio.

Please post all entries here in the project thread and include your studio name just to help keep things straight. Entries due by 7/6 5pm PST.

FigmentPigments

In recent years the Disney moneymaking movie machine, in addition to the marvel/Lucasfilm/Pixar films, has shown a propensity for making not only live action remakes of many of its classic cartoon films, but also making films off of some of its original park attractions. Some have turned out well (see POTC), others not do much (cough, cough haunted mansion) and others remain to be seen(jungle cruise).

In homage to our scenario of the week where we've lost a few original attractions, your Trailer Tuesday prompt will be to propose a new film based off of one of Disneys original attractions that has not yet had a film made out of it.

The proposed cast, style, characters/names, story, etc is entirely up to you, but obviously interesting enough to warrant possibly being green lit for production.
Similar to the 1 sentence competition, you can use 1-3 sentences to provide your pitch along with 1 stock or or original piece of artwork if you so choose. Maximum of 3 entries per studio (1 per person) so if you are strapped for time this week helping your studio with the main project. This is a great way to pitch in and have a little fun with a topic.

5 points per entry will be awarded with one film proposal being selected to head to production and earning a 10 point bonus for their studio.

Please post all entries here in the project thread and include your studio name just to help keep things straight. Entries due by 7/6 5pm PST.
7/6??? :D

AceAstro

For Trailer Tuesday, Marvel Studios Presents:​

Bt7d0woUwHjLhdo6VBuXThrVrXbwLa0Y2E0NR54gvMLb05vVHB4M8ek3MLTsfLtFN4WWWi0WsiLGe3OEYYyhUDABmkXB6iY5Zy4haDt0QeCjNR-iI3RZ8APWASPwFq8w2Z-OvSUk

Journey Into Imagination

The story follows Dreamfinder as he is working tirelessly to create the one and only Dreamcatcher. Everyone ridicules him for this “ridiculous” idea saying that you can’t catch dreams. The climax of the movie is Dreamfinder getting the Dreamcatcher working and creating Figment, being seen as a national genius for this new and incredible invention.​

spacemt354

Chili's
Marvel Studios presents -- in association with the Society of Explorers and Adventurers Cinematic Universe (the SEA "C" U)

Big Thunder Mountain

Based on the mining adventures of Barnabas T. Bullion and Abigail Bullion, enter the town of Tumbleweed where perilous adventure, mysterious curses, and the intro to the expanded SEA Universe begins. Follow the main protagonist Abigail Bullion as she discovers that her father's mining operation is cursed, and the harrowing frontier adventure featuring cowboys, bandits, and torrential floods sends you along for the extravagant adventure. At the end of the film in a post-credit scene, Nick Fury I mean Jason Chandler approaches Barnabas T. Bullion, along with an image of other explorers stating, "I'm here to talk with you about the SEA Initiative" - launching a series of interconnected films including Mystic Manor, Hightower Hotel, culminating in a team up Society of Explorers and Adventurers film to round out Phase 1 of the film universe.

D Hulk

Pixar Studios Presents

IMG_2608.JPG

BEASTLY KINGDOM
Walt Disney Studios invites you to an enchanted fantasy realm, Beastly Kingdom, a hidden nature preserve where sorcerers study and protect legendary creatures such as dragons, unicorns, banshees and sprites, all untamed myths forgotten by the Enlightenment world. But unexpected dark forces release the monsters from their magical enclosures, like a fantastical Jurassic Park, and only a ragtag crew of adventurers can save the Kingdom. Looking to do for sword & sorcery what Pirates of the Caribbean did for swashbucklers, visionary Guillermo del Toro directs an all-star cast including Idris Elba, Kate Winslet, Ron Perlman, up-and-comer Maika Monroe, and master creature performer Doug Jones.

kmbmw777

Grizzly Peak
GrizzlypeakLeft_fxwb.jpg

This new masterpiece features professional hanglider Chuckie Soalight (who has literally soared around the world) crashing in the mysterious mountain peak. As Chuckie struggles to survive each night he meets the gold miner who was cursed by the spirits of the mountain - the wolf, the bear, and the owl. The duo have to learn to appreciate nature for more than a way to fame or money - but as beauty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom