The Great Movie Ride II - Hype/Discussion Thread

tcool123

My Disneyland/Hollywood trip is all coming together 😍

8C4F424D-1A00-41F7-94F4-7C677F55348E.jpeg

Shannoninthemagic

TwilightZone

A sad day for coaster fans I’m sure -

Dang this is one my home parks, better visit it before it's too late. But not surprised, it hasn't felt the same ever since Paramount dropped it. Hoping someone picks it up, but if not hope the coasters get to nice new homes.

tcool123

the tiktok I saw made me think it was closing right now, Sad that it's got an end date, but maybe the coasters will be saved?
Typically these chains do save and move around rollercoaster and flat rides unless they’re in terrible condition. And even then they may move things around, after all if Six Flags was able to salvage a handful of rides from a park literally destroyed by a hurricane I don’t see how attractions here can’t also be salvaged.

Disney Warrior

I know this is a bit weird and off-topic but I am currently making Pokemon-themed Google maps that correspond to the real life locations they are based on (I’m basing it off of Bulbapedia, though creative liberties are also used).

Check out what I have so far here (currently only Kanto, Sevii Islands, and Johto, all regions will be separate maps):

I hope it’s in view only mode for you guys, let me know if it isn’t

Note: I will be working on the other main series Pokemon regions (except for Hisui, since I will just be doing Sinnoh) in the future, I‘m not finished with this task yet

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

The new doctor strange kinda sucks

I agree completely. It seemed like they just threw things together because the new Spiderman did so good. It had Lousy characters, Lousy special effects and barely any story to speak of.

.... And what is with Wanda? She enslaved a whole town and starved people and she's lecturing Doctor Strange. All because her kids that didn't even exist disappeared. She's way too overpowered too. Lately Wanda has been obliterating every man she's fought, especially the Fox characters. I don't know why Disney bought Fox if they are going to just make characters like Quicksilver, Professor X and Mr. Fantastic look like idiots or total wimps.

MickeyMouse10

She had also willingly let her go of her family comedy fantasy at the end of Wandavision, so why is she going on a carnal rampage to get to another universe to be with a real family?

Yeah, I know. I thought she was supposed to be a hero? They didn't really say why she is so batpoop crazy. I'm guessing it's that evil book that was in one of the end credits. I don't know, she was mercilessly killing people though, with no remorse.

tcool123

Yeah, I know. I thought she was supposed to be a hero? They didn't really say why she is so batpoop crazy. I'm guessing it's that evil book that was in one of the end credits. I don't know, she was mercilessly killing people though, with no remorse.
Wanda was corrupted by the Darkhold. It happened to Agatha Harkness and two Doctor Stranges. The one that was killed in the dimension that the characters spent the most time in.

The other Dr Strange literally destroyed his entire universe after being taken over by the Darkhold. Combine with Wanda and I understood the dangers of the book based on the context given from Wandavision and the film.

The Darkhold completely undid any progress Wanda made. This is why she willingly ended the Westview situation, but changed so much as she was possessed by the Darkhold.

I don't know why Disney bought Fox if they are going to just make characters like Quicksilver, Professor X and Mr. Fantastic look like idiots or total wimps.

Technically Quicksilver wasn’t from the Fox purchase. Plus its not the last we’ll see those characters given we have a Fantastic 4 coming up alongside future X-Men projects Is say you have nothing to worry about with their future potrayals 😁

spacemt354

Chili's
The thing I still don't get is why is the 616 Wanda was grieving the loss of her kids? Her kids were not real. The real people who she lost were Vision, Pietro, and to an extent Cap and Black Widow who were some of the only Avengers who cared about her.

Plus the White Vision still exists in the 616 Universe - who is basically Vision's subconscious? So there's opportunity afloat to still have those kids. But that was completely ignored in the film like he didn't exist.

Okay so the Darkhold corrupted her, sure - but what was this corrupted Wanda's plan with those kids? Turn back into the housewife Wanda? If you're irredeemably corrupted by the Darkhold, as both versions of Sinister Strange and the 818 Strange were, then it's pretty much a death sentence?

So are we saying the 616 Dr. Strange because he used the Darkhold is irredeemable?

It's all very confusing.

spacemt354

Chili's
I think a better plot would have been a spell in the Darkhold that allowed the user to turn back time. Or she accessed the quantum realm or something.

So you have a corrupted Wanda trying to selfishly turn back time to pre-Infinity War, but then pre-Civil War, then back to her youth, trying to redirect history and Dr. Strange having to stop her even though that is what the Avengers did and they were the heroes. That drives home the point that when she does it she is the enemy.

This could have also tied in more with Kang and the TVA if her being corrupted was a result of the events of Loki and the timeline being all screwed up.

Basically a different film entirely would have been better lol

MagicKingdom4Ever

In my opinion, they should've just stopped making MCU films after finishing the Infinity Saga. Endgame was a good enough conclusion and we really didn't need to continue on after that.

I would say that Marvel has gone into a pretty strange space right now, where they've been trying to expand rather than focusing on things they already have. While some of their expansion attempts have been successful (Shang-Chi, Spider-Man: No Way Home, Disney+ series), others have not been as successful (Eternals, Doctor Strange 2). This is why I put limitations in my parks and attractions when I feature Marvel in it, because I believe that they are oversaturating. Not to mention, I dislike the fact that Disney purchased Fox just for more content.

Btw, I had an alternate pitch for a second Doctor Strange film that would've tied in better to the first film. It would be called Doctor Strange and the Dream-Makers, and it would still keep the darker and more scary approach that Marvel wanted for the sequel. It would feature Doctor Strange going into the Dream World with Wanda Maximoff (who is not the bad guy but someone with questions of her own), Shang-Chi (who believes his dreams are his key to finding out the origins of the Ten Rings), and Christine Palmer (who is the only person in New York not enslaved by a sleeping spell.) The villain of the film would be Nightmare, who would be depicted as a Chinese sorcerer and former lover of the Ancient One who experimented in dreams in a way that was unnatural and banished to the dream world because of it. Agatha Harkness would also appear in the film, serving as a mentor to Wanda while helping them against her will. Working with Nightmare is Karl Mordo, whose story from the first film is continued as he has turned bad and is hunting other sorcerers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom