The General's Call to Arms: Epcot's future -- SAVE THE EARTH!

Although Soarin' will be exiting, what are the worst ways it can influence the Land?

• Kabaret Theatre replaced by queue or gift shop.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • Sunshine Season Food Fair removed.

Votes: 53 31.9%
  • Atmosphere removed with hustle and bustle.

Votes: 46 27.7%
  • Soarin' over California doesn't match the Land.

Votes: 40 24.1%
  • Aviation and air doesn't match the Land; symbiosis themes take priority.

Votes: 31 18.7%
  • The last peaceful pavilion will be lost.

Votes: 46 27.7%
  • There is nothing wrong.

Votes: 37 22.3%
  • Other (post)

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters

ToTBellHop

The_CEO said:
It is on land. It was built by people to get across the land. :) * Actually bay *
and it goes over a gigantic waterway. It shows how people have met their needs while not destroying the Land, very much in tune with the theme of Circle of Life.

The_CEO

Otherwords.. It fits the film. All of it does. Thats like saying why the kyakers (sp) are floating down the river in the film. :lol:

ToTBellHop

haven't I already told you how it's themed? lol I'm shocked that this thread has continued for 18 pages...of the same thing...over...and over. Just wait till March!

General Grizz

Original Poster
LOL -- we still haven't gotten a complete picture. I've valued what you've said about set up, but are you saying that the Land is actually going changes into an aviation/hangglider theme? I'm just confused how this will be set up.

We'll all wait till March, but the thread continues for those to express what they which. Put their imput in, you know?

The_CEO

Non of us are going to get the FULL picture. We never have with any of the rehabs or what not. It just isn't going to happen. 70 % of what is posted here is speculation.

KevinPage

I think a brilliant joke would be to say that the balloons from The Land have been removed already. Someone take a photo and do some Photoshop work to it and see how long it takes for Grizz to be rushed to the ER.
:lol:

JazzDKD

Soarin' And The Land

This post may be coming to this thread a little late, but I just finished reading through the first page of postings. I am a little shocked at the pessimism of this thread.

One of the main topics centers on the "What does Soarin' have to do with the Land". I'm not sure anyone posting in the first 12 to 15 postings (the amount that I read through) has ever ridden on Soarin'. I have made the trip to DCA and I love the ride.

As you travel over the beautiful landscapes of California you are Soarin' over the Land. You fly over pine forests & orange groves and you smell the fragrance's of the land. You see the wonders of mountains and coast lines. And yes, you do fly over city scapes and even end at DisneyLand during a fireworks show.

Soarin' does fit into the Land as it is an exhibit of the wonders and beauty of nature. Please, give this ride a chance and you will love it.

LadyDarling

JazzDKD said:
This post may be coming to this thread a little late, but I just finished reading through the first page of postings. I am a little shocked at the pessimism of this thread.

One of the main topics centers on the "What does Soarin' have to do with the Land". I'm not sure anyone posting in the first 12 to 15 postings (the amount that I read through) has ever ridden on Soarin'. I have made the trip to DCA and I love the ride.

As you travel over the beautiful landscapes of California you are Soarin' over the Land. You fly over pine forests & orange groves and you smell the fragrance's of the land. You see the wonders of mountains and coast lines. And yes, you do fly over city scapes and even end at DisneyLand during a fireworks show.

Soarin' does fit into the Land as it is an exhibit of the wonders and beauty of nature. Please, give this ride a chance and you will love it.

I maybe late on this one too, but as an avid DLR goer, I think this attraction is perfect for the Land pavillion. I wouldn't put it anywhere else! I really feel once people give it a shot they will like it! It's become a headliner at DCA - for good reason. :sohappy:

The worst way I could see it impacting the Land Pavillion, is by drawing larger crowds! :) Or... is that even really a bad thing?

CenterLine

I think that Soarin' will fit in just fine in the Land. Being from CA and riding the original at DCA it seems to make for a good match.

From the construction photos it looks like the actuall attraction is set a little ways away from the pavillion and it seems like there should be enough room for the line. At DCA most of the line is inside of the attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom