The Gaming Industry: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Mike S

Original Poster
So excited after yesterday’s Nintendo Direct. Crash Bandicoot coming to all platforms, Luigi’s Mansion remake, Smash Brothers, etc!!!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Will they finally count to 3?
If they do, my money is on Left 4 Dead. Simple story, simple programming, very popular with a lot of paid DLC potential and best of all...very few expectations from fans. All they really need to do is up the graphics of L4D 2 and make some new maps and they will have a hit on their hands.

The same would not be true of Portal and definitely not Half Life.

Jahona

If they do, my money is on Left 4 Dead. Simple story, simple programming, very popular with a lot of paid DLC potential and best of all...very few expectations from fans. All they really need to do is up the graphics of L4D 2 and make some new maps and they will have a hit on their hands.

I would concur as well and honestly I would welcome a L4D3. I've got hundreds of hours of versus L4D2 in steam. It's one of the more fun group games I've played with friends.

Mike S

Original Poster

Especially after the writers left.

erasure fan1

Most likely.

If anything a violent game would be an outlet for a person’s aggression, not a cause. I wonder if there’s been any studies on that.
I do remember studies saying this. Video games have been the scapegoat for all things bad since the start. The violent video game argument is about as valid as, 95% of people who die of cancer have eaten strawberries. Therefore strawberries cause cancer. Unfortunately video games are an easy target because of all the dumb morons we have in this world. Just go back to the whole mass effect fox news story from when that game came out to see the stupid that is EVERYONE against video games.

Mike S

Original Poster
I do remember studies saying this. Video games have been the scapegoat for all things bad since the start. The violent video game argument is about as valid as, 95% of people who die of cancer have eaten strawberries. Therefore strawberries cause cancer. Unfortunately video games are an easy target because of all the dumb morons we have in this world. Just go back to the whole mass effect fox news story from when that game came out to see the stupid that is EVERYONE against video games.
I recently heard that most mass shooters weren’t even interested in video games lol. Also, video games are sold worldwide. Why is the biggest problem that they supposedly cause most prevalent only in the United States? Hmmmmmmm...

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Anything to deflect the real problem so lets just blame it on violent games, Games are the modern day equivalent of Rock n Roll or Heavy Metal etc

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Anything to deflect the real problem so lets just blame it on violent games, Games are the modern day equivalent of Rock n Roll or Heavy Metal etc
That they are. All of the credible research shows no causal effect of real world violence coming from playing violent video games. The only thing that can be shown is frustration leading to a violent outburst (eg throwing a controller across the room) and that can occur with every video game from Mario Cart to COD. Hell, I know a few people so overly competitive that a game of "pin the tail on the donkey" is most likely going to end in a few punches being exchanged.

That of course has not stopped those with an agenda from trying to manipulate studies show they do. Jodi Whitaker was one such person and she got her PhD revoked for it. https://www.insidehighered.com/news...sors-phd-questioning-her-findings-video-games

erasure fan1

I recently heard that most mass shooters weren’t even interested in video games lol. Also, video games are sold worldwide. Why is the biggest problem that they supposedly cause most prevalent only in the United States? Hmmmmmmm...
Exactly. You gotta love an agenda. I would LOVE to debate it with these clowns.

erasure fan1

(eg throwing a controller across the room) and that can occur with every video game from Mario Cart to COD. Hell, I know a few people so overly competitive that a game of "pin the tail on the donkey" is most likely going to end in a few punches being exchanged.
And man am I guilty of that. Many controllers have met their ill-fated doom at the hand of my 16bit platformer rage! With the rage and violence that occurs during our games of spoons, the government should just outlaw the game now and save the world some trouble.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
And man am I guilty of that. Many controllers have met their ill-fated doom at the hand of my 16bit platformer rage! With the rage and violence that occurs during our games of spoons, the government should just outlaw the game now and save the world some trouble.
Bernie Burns from Rooster Teeth made a great joke about throwing controllers...."I know why the Halo edition Xbox comes with 2 controllers. You are guaranteed to put at least one through a wall trying to beat the game on legendary."

Mike S

Original Poster
Was this so hard hard to do from the start EA? Did we really have to go through all the fuss? Did you really have to see how far you could take your greedy antics?
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...front-2-progression-overhaul-finally-revealed

It’s probably too late now but either way to anyone here still playing the game, on behalf of all the “pundits,” you’re welcome. We made your game better even if you were willing to take all the crap that was being thrown at you.

erasure fan1

@Mike S I would like your comment, but I dont want EA to think I'm ok with dlc dlc. Lol

What I just don't get is why people still support EA at all. As much as I wanted battlefront, I waited because I just didn't trust them. And sure enough they didn't let me down. So I picked it up for super cheap a year later. If the collective didn't get the new Madden, fifa or battlefield... EA might just get the hint. But in a lot of respects, EA is like Disney. If people are willing, just keep pushing.

Mike S

Original Poster
@Mike S I would like your comment, but I dont want EA to think I'm ok with dlc dlc. Lol

What I just don't get is why people still support EA at all. As much as I wanted battlefront, I waited because I just didn't trust them. And sure enough they didn't let me down. So I picked it up for super cheap a year later. If the collective didn't get the new Madden, fifa or battlefield... EA might just get the hint. But in a lot of respects, EA is like Disney. If people are willing, just keep pushing.
They weren’t going to completely get rid of them but this still a hell of a lot better than what they were doing before. When it comes to big third party publishers I’ve so far just been supporting Bethesda for DOOM and hopefully DOOM 2, Ubisoft for Mario + Rabbids and hopefully a new Rayman, and will be supporting Activision for Crash Bandicoot and the rumored Spyro the Dragon. Who needs EA?

erasure fan1

sonic_mania_art.0.jpg

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.po...-plus-release-date-new-characters-encore-mode
Looking forward to this. I alwas like a physical release over just digital. Plus some new content from the best sonic since the sega genesis/CD era.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom