The Future Of Pirates Of The Caribbean?

Phroobar

Christina Hendricks would be awesome.
Christina Hendricks would make a great Jessica Rabbit.

cd859cb20f40f64904218382d34773cd.jpg

erasure fan1

Perhaps there's still hope for a proper sequel.
I'm not sure I want it anymore. I feer a pirates movie without jack is just, generic pirate movie. And I don't see them using Depp at this point. It's not that I don't think a good pirates movie is possible, I just don't think Disney has the chops to do it anymore.

Last edited:

sedati

I'm not sure I want it anymore. I feer a pirates movie without jack is just, generic pirate movie. And I don't see them using Depp at this point. It's not that I don't think a good pirates movie is possible, I just don't think Disney has the chops to do it anymore.
Recent (very recent) developments seem to paint Depp in a different light.

Darkprime

Original Poster
Recent (very recent) developments seem to paint Depp in a different light.

Even if he does end up being vindicated would he want to work with Disney again after they were so quick to drop him from the role? All though as far as I can tell they never officially publicly announced his exit. However if Disney can rehire James Gunn I see no reason why they cant work with Depp on one more and give some closure to Jack's story and let him finally ride off into the sunset.

sedati

Even if he does end up being vindicated would he want to work with Disney again after they were so quick to drop him from the role? All though as far as I can tell they never officially publicly announced his exit. However if Disney can rehire James Gunn I see no reason why they cant work with Depp on one more and give some closure to Jack's story and let him finally ride off into the sunset.
They may have put a halt on another Sparrow-led sequel, but they didn't move forward without him either. More importantly, they didn't wipe the character from history either- in fact, he was added just recently to the Pirates ride in Paris.

Captain Barbossa

Not saying this isn't true (hope it isn't though), but Skyler/thedisinsider hasn't been accurate about their last few POTC related news, which is out of character for them (they're usually spot on). Will have to wait and see, though I'm not very optimistic.

sedati

I'd love a soft reboot with Karen at the helm, but they really need still finish what was started. If Depp is vindicated in court, I believe he deserves one more shot, and I'd love some other characters to continue if the actors are up for it.

Magenta Panther

I would have no problem with this but the 6th one needs to wrap up Jack Sparrow and Davy Jones's plot from the last one. Maybe Redd is Jack's daughter?

OR she's his mentor, as I suggested in an earlier post. Maybe she could be the pirate he apprenticed with. That way the Sparrow character could be used minus the baggage Depp's dramas and poor writing saddled it with.

Anyway, I hope the actress cast as Redd will have a knack for comedy as well as drama, and won't be a token or a statement and all that tedious PC rot. Here's hoping.

InnKpr

I would have no problem with this but the 6th one needs to wrap up Jack Sparrow and Davy Jones's plot from the last one. Maybe Redd is Jack's daughter?
There are so many loose ends left unanswered in this franchise, it's an embarrassment for storytelling.

-Angelica was left stranded on some island at the end of On Stranger Tides, ticked at Sparrow, and a voodoo doll in her possession which can be used to manipulate him. No explanation to where she goes from there.

-In that same movie, Serena (the mermaid) drags a wounded Philip (the priest who is in love with her) underwater claiming she could save him from dying. So... what was that all about? Did she lie and actually eat him like her sisters consumed sailors? Does she love him in return, and save him somehow? No answers there. Where did they go?

-Davy Jones' return as seen at the very end / end credits scene of Dead Men Tell No Tales. Like you mentioned, plot point totally left hanging open. Is he alive again? Was that just a dream? What did that all mean?

There needs to be some closure to these significant story lines left hanging open before a complete reboot.

Darkprime

Original Poster
I could get behind this. Id still be sad if Depp wasn't a core cast member. But I could live with a supporting role or even a cameo. You cant have Davy Jones come back without bringing Jack back as well.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom