The Future Of Pirates Of The Caribbean?

DVCscott

I wonder if this still hold true now that more evidence of the case has come out and Depp not being the Big Bad Wolf everyone thought when the story first broke. Disney could be fair to him and let him back now that we know the details.

Darkprime

Original Poster

DCBaker

Premium Member

"Margot Robbie announced in a new Vanity Fairy cover story that her female-fronted “Pirates of the Caribbean” movie is dead at Disney. Variety has reached out to the studio for comment. It was announced in June 2020 that Oscar nominee Robbie would be the star of a new “Pirates of Caribbean” movie at Disney written by her “Birds of Prey” screenwriter Christina Hodson."

“We had an idea and we were developing it for a while, ages ago, to have more of a female-led—not totally female-led, but just a different kind of story—which we thought would’ve been really cool,” Robbie told Vanity Fair about her intended “Pirates” movie with Disney. “But I guess they don’t want to do it.”

Jedijax719

They NEED to make a POTC series for D+. I had been saying that since D+ launched. It is something they could really develop. They don't need Depp. They don't need Robbie. They just need writers and I think it could be REALLY popular!

mf1972

"Margot Robbie announced in a new Vanity Fairy cover story that her female-fronted “Pirates of the Caribbean” movie is dead at Disney. Variety has reached out to the studio for comment. It was announced in June 2020 that Oscar nominee Robbie would be the star of a new “Pirates of Caribbean” movie at Disney written by her “Birds of Prey” screenwriter Christina Hodson."

“We had an idea and we were developing it for a while, ages ago, to have more of a female-led—not totally female-led, but just a different kind of story—which we thought would’ve been really cool,” Robbie told Vanity Fair about her intended “Pirates” movie with Disney. “But I guess they don’t want to do it.”

i’m kind of relieved about this. although robbie is good in the role, the movie was garbage.

CaptainAmerica

Chapek content cuts ftw.

Screamface

They NEED to make a POTC series for D+. I had been saying that since D+ launched. It is something they could really develop. They don't need Depp. They don't need Robbie. They just need writers and I think it could be REALLY popular!

Black Sails was a criminally underrated series if you want pirates on TV. Each season improves upon the last and it's a show which wraps up well with a proper finish. Not as silly as POTC though.

Which does show that a Pirate TV show with good production value is completely doable. Probably more so. It's a shame the ships and sets from it have not been used for inevitably terrible One Piece Netflix adapation.

As for Margot and POTC. While I'm sure there could have been a good version of it. Maybe she'd be playing Anne Bonny? When that was announced and talked about. My mind cringed at all the typical decisions that would make for the project in Hollywood. It'd be the best pirates on the seas, a woke diverse cast of women pirates who constantly best the male pirates and the British with 2020 woke sensibilities.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom