The Future of DHS

EpcotServo

Studios has came out of it's long era of nothing new (1999-2005) and has emerged as one of the-if not THE most popular gate behind Kingdom thanks to it's hit stable of major attractions and restaurants and the most diverse collection of live entertainment available in any of the four parks and is seeing unheard of attendance and is now home to two great new attractions that have received crazy good guest satisfaction numbers, and is going to see a longtime Studios hallmark, Star Tours be refreshed and revitalized for a new generation. To those who say it's a random park, take a look. Ever since 2005 the park's been plussing, adding and changing, refreshing and enhanceing favorites, and becoming more and more what ALL the parks are supposed to be: A living place. The park may have gone through a varied history, but all of the parks have. And at the end of Twenty years, it's clear that the park has emerged as what it's always supposed to have been: The place where the magic and excitement of Hollywood, Music, Movies, and TV come alive at Walt Disney World.

And I don't see that changing in the next twenty years as well.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
two great new attractions that have received crazy good guest satisfaction numbers,
I know of one being a certain Pixar tie in.

The other one? Idol is turning into just that for the studios marketing and accounts department.

GizmoDuck

Original Poster
In turn, I think that was a rumor spurned by the arrival of Sorcerer Mickey's BAH. :lol:

Haha yes, I think many view the BAH as quite villainous :fork:
(I personally like it, just not where it stands)

But this concept was only a rumor? I thought I had heard it was a legitimate idea, but I could be remembering wrong :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

Haha yes, I think many view the BAH as quite villainous :fork:
(I personally like it, just not where it stands)

But this concept was only a rumor? I thought I had heard it was a legitimate idea, but I could be remembering wrong :shrug:

I take the same stance on the BAH. It's symbolism is nice, too.

I think it was only a rumor. A VERY large one. :lol:

I think the Indy show just needs an update. It usually still has packed shows every showtime. A ride would be cool and all but the Indy stunt show is what separates DHS from the other Disney Theme Parks. Disneyland has Temple of the Forbidden Eye and Tokyo DisneySea has Temple of the Crystal Skull (nearly almost the same thing lol), Disneyland Paris has Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril (Of course, the roller-coaster).

I like how it is still pretty popular with people. But since Kingdom of the Crystal Skull came out, ushered in a new generation of fans. It wouldn't hurt DHS to fully update the show (props, vehicles, computer system, etc.)

An idea: They could rotate out the crew from Lights, Motors, Action! and Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular every once in awhile to keep things going I guess.

toolsnspools

I think Marvel will quickly get presence in DHS. As much as I love Indy, I can see it being converted to a Marvel Action Hero stunt show. Many of the same elements (fight scenes, etc.) could still be in the show, and the characters/story line could be varied on a regular basis.

I don't think the BLT, Restaurant, and HISTK refurb is more than an excuse to shut them down while the crowds are light. Didn't they do this last year around this time too?

Cadmus

Banned
Time may be running out on the world famous color-coded warning system used by the Department of Homeland Security to warn of potential terrorist threats, now that DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano has appointed a bipartisan task force to study the issue and given the distinguished panel 60 days to develop its recommendations.

Thrill Seeker

One interesting thing of note is that in most of the DHS marketing you see characters from Monsters Inc and The Incredibles, who don't have a place at the park...yet...

As far as GMR, I think it needs a major overhaul. Yes, it is a classic attraction, but it's also just plain out of date. The biggest thing it needs is an interactive aspect. I still like my idea of adding video screens, having a famous director tell the guests to react a certain way during the scenes and have a custom made movie at the end featuring their experiences. Easily doable and it would make the attraction a big hit again. I'd also like to see more modern films added in, as well as some older Disney films that many forget (The Rocketeer, Flight of the Navigator, Honey I Shrunk The Kids exc.) If the Backlot Tour is truely going away, why not throw some of the props left behind into GMR and make it the signature attraction it once was again?

I think the Pixar Place expansion will happen. The Monsters Inc Coaster sounds like a winning idea, but I can see an Incredibles attraction going there too. Cars is pretty much a no-brainer. It should happen. Bugs Life should be an easy transition. Give Backlot Express a Pixar theme and you've got yourself a major Pixar Place Expansion.

I also think an Indy ride should replace the show here. Better yet, give us a water ride that DHS sadly lacks...

EPCOT Explorer

One interesting thing of note is that in most of the DHS marketing you see characters from Monsters Inc and The Incredibles, who don't have a place at the park...yet...

As far as GMR, I think it needs a major overhaul. Yes, it is a classic attraction, but it's also just plain out of date. The biggest thing it needs is an interactive aspect. I still like my idea of adding video screens, having a famous director tell the guests to react a certain way during the scenes and have a custom made movie at the end featuring their experiences. Easily doable and it would make the attraction a big hit again. I'd also like to see more modern films added in, as well as some older Disney films that many forget (The Rocketeer, Flight of the Navigator, Honey I Shrunk The Kids exc.) If the Backlot Tour is truely going away, why not throw some of the props left behind into GMR and make it the signature attraction it once was again?

I think the Pixar Place expansion will happen. The Monsters Inc Coaster sounds like a winning idea, but I can see an Incredibles attraction going there too. Cars is pretty much a no-brainer. It should happen. Bugs Life should be an easy transition. Give Backlot Express a Pixar theme and you've got yourself a major Pixar Place Expansion.

I also think an Indy ride should replace the show here. Better yet, give us a water ride that DHS sadly lacks...

I usually never say this....but...

I think it's fine. It's not out of date at all. It's about classic movies and about great ones, not just what's popular at the moment. Love it.

Only thing I would change is that odd little Fantasia scene, but from what I know, it's supposed to be like that.

Credit: Servo. :lol:

misterID

I usually never say this....but...

I think it's fine. It's not out of date at all. It's about classic movies and about great ones, not just what's popular at the moment. Love it.

Only thing I would change is that odd little Fantasia scene, but from what I know, it's supposed to be like that.

Credit: Servo. :lol:

Yeah, I agree. GMR could use a nice refurb, but it doesn't need any major retooling. If they added something interactive like that they could make it a seperate show/attraction.

I would think yhat long term plans would have to include Marvel characters and rides. IMO we may see one more good ride come in but they will probably be waiting to spend a ton of money till they can flood DHS with Marvel stuff. It's become a huge money maker again with Iron Man, Spidey, The Incredible Hulk. I can't see them ignoring the draw Marvel will have for families. Hopefully everything goes Disney's way with the Kirby family.

Mixed feelings on a Monsters Inc coaster or Incredibles ride. Does Disney plan to release a second movie for either of these? If not I can't see them putting out the money for dead ends.

_Scar

Well, Spidey and Hulk are not invited to WDW. Uni has them- and they may also have Iron Man, Fantastic 4, The X-Men, etc.

And MI2 is rumored to be released in 2014. The Incredibles- probably not, but who knows?

And Finding Nemo is a "dead end" movie, but it's still a wildly popular. A movie doesn't need to have sequels to be considered worthy of a theme park attraction.

Well, Spidey and Hulk are not invited to WDW. Uni has them- and they may also have Iron Man, Fantastic 4, The X-Men, etc.

And MI2 is rumored to be released in 2014. The Incredibles- probably not, but who knows?

And Finding Nemo is a "dead end" movie, but it's still a wildly popular. A movie doesn't need to have sequels to be considered worthy of a theme park attraction.

If Disney does acquire the rights to these characters outright, it will not be more than a few years before Uni abandons them. I doubt they would introduce other Marvel characters if Disney owns them. There are other characters popping up all the time(Harry Potter). Disney was hoping Narnia was their HP but it doesn't seemed to have worked out.

I would love to see MI2 and Incredibles2, but I won't hold my breath. If it happens then a ride is completely expected. MI has a great future IMO, but it's up to Disney.

Finding Nemo is a great ride for the effects used and the Q line is cool in the beginning, but it's almost always a walk on now. My 3 year old loves Nemo but without a fresh injection of marketing I think Nemo will soon be considered a great movie that Disney once made. How long can a ride or rides be continued without a sequel, meet and greets, etc. People want the latest and greatest things, classics don't draw as well. That's why studios are always trying to reinvent the classics, so the can make money off of a product that has lost a good bit of draw.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom