The Force Awakens - spoiler thread

Phroobar

Original Poster
Why ? If you've not seen the film the temptation is to read a thread. If you come across spoilers then it ruins it.
I appreciate the fact that you're pre warning potential readers - but spoilers should be left well alone

Don't read this thread then. Read the other one to stay spoiler free. Personally I will post my review tomorrow night after seeing it at Disneyland!

CAPTAIN HOOK

Don't read this thread then.
I've already seen the film TWICE so the spoilers don't affect me.
The point I'm making is that posting spoilers serves no purpose other than to ruin the film for those who stumble across the thread / live feed before they see the film

FigmentForver96

I've already seen the film TWICE so the spoilers don't affect me.
The point I'm making is that posting spoilers serves no purpose other than to ruin the film for those who stumble across the thread / live feed before they see the film
Well since the thread is titled "Spoiler Thread" I think them clicking on it and scrolling down is all on them. Ill be posting a review in the morning.

Tony Perkis

Why ? If you've not seen the film the temptation is to read a thread. If you come across spoilers then it ruins it.
I appreciate the fact that you're pre warning potential readers - but spoilers should be left well alone
The fact is some of us have seen the film, and want to discuss the film on a deeper level than simply "it was good". If a person cannot resist the urge to obey a "spoilers alert" warning, then that's on them.

TyTrap

I guess I'll get this ball rolling since everyone else is afraid to lol: I left the movie with a few questions: 1.Will Rey be Ben's sister or cousin? Jedi are not supposed to get romantically involved with others according to their code. So it's a 50-50 split on that answer because they could re write the rules. 2.Is Supreme Leader Snoke just a Holocron or a real being? What if the big twist is that Snoke is actually just a force ghost communicating through holocron technology. Just a theory for now. 3.Who are the Knights of Ren? We see them for a split second in the movie. We know Kylo is one of them. At least for now it seems like they don't have anything to do with the first order. Maybe not all Knights of Ren are pro first order. The rest of the movie seemed pretty cut and dry though.

TB4244

I saw it last night and although I enjoyed it it was a bit too familiar for me as its almost a carbon copy of A New Hope - which isn't bad but that story has been told, do we really need it repeated? I will say that the acting and effects are a vast improvement over the prequels but I did come away disappointed.
I'm hoping the Rogue One will be a much better film, before the build up to SW Episode XIII - The First Order Strikes Back.

P_Radden

Saw it last night. It was awesome! I really like the new characters. The CG was top notch. Acting and dialogue both good and great in some instances.

Kylo Ren - This character really impressed me. After the prequels, and Anakin being kinda a let down, I was sort of afraid of Kylo turning out to be a panzie, but his character proved to be conflicted and bad a$$ at the same time. Really interested in seeing this character develop in the next films. His voice is too cool!

Rey - Is she related to Luke!?!?!?! Going into this movie knowing next to nothing about it, we thought Ray was going to be Han and Leia's daughter... what a surprise!

BB8 - Freaking COOL little fella!

Poe - Solid character, really impressed with this role and skills in this film.

We are going to see it again Saturday morning (already have tickets!!) I'm super excited to watch closer for all the details this next time.

Everyone in the theater applauded when it was over.

And yes, we cried at you-know-who's death. :cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:

P_Radden

I saw it last night and although I enjoyed it it was a bit too familiar for me as its almost a carbon copy of A New Hope - which isn't bad but that story has been told, do we really need it repeated? I will say that the acting and effects are a vast improvement over the prequels but I did come away disappointed.
I'm hoping the Rogue One will be a much better film, before the build up to SW Episode XIII - The First Order Strikes Back.

Yeah I definitely got the "A New Hope" vibe as well. One thing I do like though is that TFA seemed to have a really quick pace, and at times, it seemed like they even hinted at the movies' similarities with one liners here and there.

Sure there are some things I probably would have done different as far as the story goes, but overall TFA has a really solid "Star Wars" feel to it that just feels good.

And the lens flares weren't as bad as I thought they were going to be knowing Abrams history with the Star Trek films

lazyboy97o

The fact is some of us have seen the film, and want to discuss the film on a deeper level than simply "it was good". If a person cannot resist the urge to obey a "spoilers alert" warning, then that's on them.
I think the issue is more that there is a live feed of posts that just shows their content. Someone who uses that feature will see these posts without any real warning.

JohnD

Ben Solo is just as whiny as Anakin. No wonder he's a Darth Vader groupie.

Still don't know the history of Rey. But if the movie is going to copy Ep. IV, why stop there. For all we know, she is Ben's sister and is just as hidden under everyone's nose as Leia was to Vader when she was captured on the Tantive IV.

Max Whatever is a variation on Yoda.

Snoke is a variation on Palpatine. One rumor is that he is Darth Plagueis.

Not surprised in Han Solo's death. Harrison Ford finally got the ending he wanted for his character. Which makes sense why he was so played up in TFA. Who knew that Skywalker would have nothing more than a cameo?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom