The Fantasyland That Never Was

wsmith1978

Thanks!

It's supposed to get a six week refurb starting in January but I don't think there is any confirmation about exactly what work is planned.

Oh, please tell me this is not true! Just once, I want to go to Disney World when every ride is open. This is one of my favorites.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Oh, please tell me this is not true! Just once, I want to go to Disney World when every ride is open. This is one of my favorites.

I believe this refurb was canceled or postponed, but I believe Splash Mountain will be down around that time. As lebeau pointed out, Jan/Feb is not a good time to go if you want all the rides to be open.

wsmith1978

I know, it's just kind of a bummer, but I understand that's what way it works. Still, I don't think it should be too much to ask that on one of my trips the entire offerings of the park are available, even if during Jan or Feb.

blueboxdoctor

Just a simple question. If you had kids, I'm confident you wouldn't feel that the speedway is a "giant waste of space." Just my opinion of course, and also probably most parents...and kids. But hey, it's not a new screen based simulator based on a crap blockbuster, so chop it!

It's ok, we'll sacrifice the ozone for the sake of riding around on lawn mower tractors dressed as cars, your children will thank you in the long run.

bdearl41

I think what would be great is if they took out the speedway replacing it with two sections, one for tomorrowland and one for fantasyland. They could have a dark ride for Alice and Wonderland that comes outside and goes over the tea part then pack in to it. Would be a neat concept. Then the tomorrowland part could have a completely new ride. Then they would finally be able to make a transition in that part of the park which is desperately needed.

Sped2424

That fancy roof is still a possibility considering the refurbishments that are coming one day to the ride I know they were delayed but hey who knows.

aaronscotland

I just read an article that included concept art about what was cut from the Fantasyland Expansion. It was going to be a Wonderland section replacing the Speedway similar to Belle's Village, and Storybook Circus replacing the speedway and would've been the gate to new fantasyland. It would've included refurbed tea party, a dark ride, a re-themed barnstormer, and a new quick-service restaurant. Thoughts? http://************.com/archives/10398
Yes i saw a picture on the construction boards looked like wonderland should be good

mvieguy

It's ok, we'll sacrifice the ozone for the sake of riding around on lawn mower tractors dressed as cars, your children will thank you in the long run.

I think it would be kinda cool, to keep it, just retheme it

my simple idea, which can actually help sight lines, show buildings etc.
is turn the Utopia into Sugar Rush, from the movie Wreck it Ralph. Create a Portion of the track, near a bend (i say in the rear of dumbo) into a cave you can drive through, repurpose the cars to look like racers. sure it would look girly, but i guarantee you, guys would be on it like crazy, if they thought they were racing someone.
create a Canyon Facad behind and bam. fresh life

Turtle

Original Poster
I think it would be kinda cool, to keep it, just retheme it

my simple idea, which can actually help sight lines, show buildings etc.
is turn the Utopia into Sugar Rush, from the movie Wreck it Ralph. Create a Portion of the track, near a bend (i say in the rear of dumbo) into a cave you can drive through, repurpose the cars to look like racers. sure it would look girly, but i guarantee you, guys would be on it like crazy, if they thought they were racing someone.
create a Canyon Facad behind and bam. fresh life
and perfect transition cause it's Fantasyland/Tomorrowland transiting and it has the fantasy of Sugar Rush, and the technology of Wreck It Ralph

prfctlyximprct

Wow, that top picture of the mine train area takes my breath away. You would really feel as though you are being transported to that scene, and not in a theme park.

EPCOTCenterLover

In Rolly Crump's book, he mentioned suggesting a ride in a tea cup through a dark ride based on Alice. Years before Roger Rabbit attraction. Cool idea!

hiptwinmama

I think there's a few other places in DisneyWorld for kids, but I'm not sure...

Do you know that Disney looks at that property as dollar signs, not your kid enjoying a car ride? There's gold in them there hills.

I think that if they bring RSR to DHS, than we might see the Raceway go bye bye.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom