The Fantasyland That Never Was

Turtle

Original Poster
ugh why is money an issue when they could profit so much from an extended Wonderland rather than an entire circus themed area it boggles my mind.
They even could've done it with storybook circus. It could've been where the original blueprints for Pixie Hollow were

Calvin Coolidge

They even could've done it with storybook circus. It could've been where the original blueprints for Pixie Hollow were

Which would mean the Barnstormer would probably require some heavy rethemeing but I can't say I'd be devastated if it ended up being "Caterpillar Coaster" or somesuch

tl77

One of the original plans had Dumbo in the back of what is now Storybook Circus and Pixie Hollow where Dumbo is now. Maybe the original plan was to have Alice there instead of Pixie Hollow.

image_wdwfantasyland_plan1.jpg

I was thinking it was a similar idea to "Pixie Hollow" because they both seem to have this concept of a giant sized environment or "shrinking the guest down" either to the size of a pixie or in this case with the giant caterpillar and tea cups... I can't remember if it was "eat me" or "drink me" but Alice ends up tiny and that seems to be what these paintings depict

Wojciehowicz

The refurb was discussed here:
There has always been speculation that the roof might get replaced. The last roof refurb was done pretty quick so some people think it might have been a temporary fix.

He posted later that it was no longer scheduled on wherever he originally found the info.
I'm believing the internal calender.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
ugh why is money an issue when they could profit so much from an extended Wonderland rather than an entire circus themed area it boggles my mind.

But would Wonderland have really been more profitable? Would it have made any significant different in number of guests coming into the park? Personally I love the idea, would prefer it to Storybook Circus, but I don't know that the choice would have made much different to the bottom line.

JustInTime

I stil think there is a very good possibility that the Tea Cups could get a facelift. A new roof that is pre maid offsite could be installed pretty quickly. I think that the fact that the roof still pops up in all the new concept art is so promising. I mean, the artists do to some much detail and this is like the 4th version that has it.

Wojciehowicz

I stil think there is a very good possibility that the Tea Cups could get a facelift. A new roof that is pre maid offsite could be installed pretty quickly.

They would still have to shut it down for at least one day.
They usually post an advisory if an attraction is closed for even a day.

Captain Neo

I stil think there is a very good possibility that the Tea Cups could get a facelift. A new roof that is pre maid offsite could be installed pretty quickly. I think that the fact that the roof still pops up in all the new concept art is so promising. I mean, the artists do to some much detail and this is like the 4th version that has it.

Never going to happen

yensidtlaw1969

On a semi-related note, it appears there are even more interesting artworks to be found in this Disney Gallery show. The website Disneyland News Today posted an update from the gallery, and took a photo of this piece of concept Art that I've never seen before:

http://*****.smugmug.com/Disneyland-Resort/Conner-Purzycki-121412/i-MMFQQCf/0/X2/DSC_0087-X2.jpg
At first look I thought it was just a painting done for Adventure Isle in Disneyland Paris, but clearly featured are a boat dropping out of Skull Rock and Maleficent's Tower in the distance. After snooping around I found that the plaque for this image credits it to Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom. I wonder if this could be Art for that Villain ride we'd heard so much about all through the 2000's? @Lee? @marni1971? Can anyone shed some light?

Here's the link to the website:
http://www.disneylandnewstoday.com/realms-of-fantasy-now-open-in-the-disney-gallery/

(PS: I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting the link and the image . . .)

EDIT: Looks like the website I linked to is the same one that was linked to in the OP . . . sorry about that! If anyone's looking for the image, follow the unbroken link to the website and scroll almost half-way down.

Lee

Adventurer
Interesting piece of art.
It vaguely matches the description of the old Villain Village concept, but could be something else.

The photographer should've taken a shot of the description hanging just to the left...

yensidtlaw1969

Interesting piece of art.
It vaguely matches the description of the old Villain Village concept, but could be something else.

The photographer should've taken a shot of the description hanging just to the left...
I was able to find a photo of the description somewhere online. It was super blurry, but I was able to make out enough to know that it said "Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World" and made no mention of Villain anything, just Captain Hook's Ship and a "boat ride through Skull Rock". I'll see if I can find it, or a better one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom